Thread: Sick.. advice?

Sick.. advice?

Hey guys, I just thought I'd post something to see if anyone has any advice/could help ease my worrying..

I've had a fever and a cough for around 10 days now. My fever varies, and has been around 99-100.5 degrees, and it's seemed to stay like that for the past few days. I've also been experiencing some muscle pain in my back (just like you would if you pulled a muscle). I don't really feel sick, though. I can get up and walk around and go places, but I haven't been overdoing it. The first few days I had it, I didn't eat much, but now my appetite has increased and I'm eating much more and I'm drinking plenty of fluids. I basically just feel tired and I've been finding it a little hard to fall asleep and stay asleep at night.

Do you think I could have an Upper Respiratory Infection? Or something else more serious? The Flu? Could it just be the effects of a cold? Could I just have a slightly elevated temperature than what is normal (98.6)?

I will most likely be going to the doctor tomorrow.. I'm just worrying and stressing myself out about it and it's driving me crazy. I hate going to the doctor's office, and try to avoid going at all costs, but I just feel like I should.. for my sake.

Anyway, thanks for listening. Sorry for the little worry vent/rant.

Oh Julie. Sorry you are feeling under the weather. I'm not sure what it sounds like.......could be the flu, but you should go to the doctor to make sure. Have you been keeping the house 'too' cold? Sometimes when its really hot outside, and really cold inside, your body can get sick from the sudden temperature change...when constantly stepping in and out.

Hope you feel better soon!!!

It probably is nothing more than a summer cold, but for your own peace of mind it would probably be a good idea to go to the doctor just to be on the safe side. With a temp you never know if you might have a slight infection and require and antibiotic to kick it out of your system. Anyway I hope that you are feeling better soon.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I would say don't worry, but after 10 days, I think you're doing the right thing by going to the doctor, Julie. I hope you will get some answers and be feeling better soon!!!!!

I have no advice, I just hope you get better soon! ((hugs))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

You are making the right decision by going to the doctor's if you ask me. Hope you feel better soon!!!

"Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday." - unknown author

Thanks guys.

Well, I just got back from the doctor, and it turns out I have a mild case of walking pneumonia. She said she's been seeing cases like this lately, so there must be something going around. She gave me some antibiotics to take and it should clear it up in about 6 days. They also had to give me my tetunus shot.

So, I'm more relieved.

I'm glad that you are feeling better and know what you have! I have had all kinds of pnemonia, only, I get it really bad, I can't breathe (asthma) and I feel lowsy, very ill, etc.

Pnemonia effects everyone differently, as you can see. I am one of the unlucky ones, but you are quite lucky!

Steph and Jes

Oh Julie, I'm glad that the doctor gave your some antibiotics, that really should help to make you feel a whole lot better!

Sorry that I have no advice...... ( )

Get wel soon Julie! {{{HUGS}}}

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Good thing you saw the doctor. My mom had that a few winters ago - very scary stuff! {{HUGS}}} and take some cold showers to help reduce the fever!

Thank you!

jesse_3, I had asthma when I was younger, so I can sympathize with what it feels like.

Does anyone know if they think it'd be okay if I went outside for a few hours tomorrow (my sister's horseback riding lessons)? I would just be sitting around in the shade and not really doing anything to stress my body out, and I just feel like I need to get outside.. or, should I just stay home and continue to rest?

Sorry for all the questions.. I forgot to ask my doctor this while we were there, and I am the biggest baby when it comes to being sick.

I hope you feel better soon Julie.

I'm sure that going out wouldn't hurt. I had both pnuemonia and strep throat at the same time once and I still went out (wasn't fun, mind you). I wouldn't overdo it though.

Gosh, Julie. I have heard about so many cases of walking pneumonia this year! I'm just glad you know what you're dealing with and hopefully you will feel better soon.

When my stepdaughter had it last year, the doctor did not restrict her from her normal activities. She wasn't doing sports or PE at the time anyway, but other than that, she proceeded normally. Just make sure you drink lots of water and get good sleep so you will be better soon!

Logan