Thread: Stress!

Stress!

<<<
    1) Hemi (baby black polydactyl kitten) is not feeling well at all. He looks so sick. It pains me to see them this way.

2) Toby Greg (new, young adult male, just taken in yesterday) is stressed, scared and fighting all attempts at making friends with me. And he needs medicines.

On top of that I am trying to control some diarrhea in Lucas. He has been missing the box (In favor of the carpet) with his liquid diarrhea. But when he does not miss the box, I can't catch him going to see if he is firming up or not. How can I know if the new food and medicine is working or not???

SIGH!

I would put Lucas in a room by himself for 24 hrs. Litter, food and favorite toys.
    That way you could monitor his eating and pottying.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Jen, I'm sorry to hear that you're under so much stress. Is there any way that you can keep Lucas in his own room so you can monitor his diarrhea problem? I also hope that Hemi and Toby Greg will start feeling better soon. Good luck.

I hear ya! I'm dealing with much the same over here (except the one where my foster refuses to make friends)

(((HUGS)))

Wanna trade?

Oh boy I hear ya! It's been very stressful here, to the point Kevin & I have been at each other. It's not always easy being in rescue and foster. Our one no-kill shelter we deal with will not take any kittens over 6 weeks old, so this leaves these guys out. I guess they're so full right now and the only ones that seem to be moving out are the little ones. Sad isn't it? So now we're going to have to do the Petfinders and do all the screening etc. UGH...I hate that part.

It's so hard to monitor a cats bowels when you have several (don't we know). I agree with the other suggestions, if possible seclude him! GOOD LUCK JEN!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Jan ~ So sorry that your babies are sick. Take good care of yourself too. A lot of precious ones are counting on you.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

(((HUGS))) Jen.

Sorry you are having so much stress at the moment!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Aw Jen - so sorry your babies are playing up - I know you'll pull through - just keep chanting - "And this too will come to pass"

(((((Hugs))))) sweetheart.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Updates.

Lucas, in his solitary, pooped a poop that is half anf half. Not the pure liquid it was, that is for sure. There was a solid formation in a more pudding consistancy (of course I may never eat pudding again, now).

Hemi, drank water on his own, a step in the right direction.

Toby Greg still does not want me to bother him. Can't wait until medicine time tonight.

Lucas still will not use the litte box and his stool is still soft.....when will it end?

Hemi is feeling a tad bit better, thank goodness, but still not volunteering to eat on his own.

Toby Greg is getting easier to remove from his cage in order to give his pills, but he is still quite streesed and unhappy. I sure hope he can get used to feline friends. I certainly cannot deal with an ONLY-cat type.