Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Winston

Winston

Hello beautiful boy!!!!!

You brought such a smile to my face.

Congrats on being our very special DOTD today.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Congrats on DOTD Winston. You are such a sweet boy showing Bonnie how to play. I hope you have a great day filled with lots of treats.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I live in Oregon & barely Tolerate the rain!

Mini's Need their 4 legged pals too!

Winston is a gorgeous little guy!! And I'm so glad you found Bonnie a pal!! I have owned ONLY mini-schnauzers for the past 20 years because once I met my first the breed & I just clicked better than any other dog breed I'd been around. I understand the thing with Bonnie acting "90" years old though because although my prior two mini's were pups when they adopted me my mini now is one that I adopted from the mini-schnauzer rescue here in Oregon & he had been one of 6 from a puppy mill that had been shut down. He was 3 when I got him which was in 2001. Once my son & grandson moved out of my house & things got quieter with it being only me he also began acting very old & unmotivated. He just seemed unhappy & lonely even though I'm home all the time because I'm retired. Well, I am unable to have 2 dogs where I live so when my son needed a ferret sitter when he went out of town I agreed to with some reluctance. OH AM I GLAD That I changed my mind. After having him here for a week (& after I ferret proofed my home!) I found that they had become such buddies that I had to talk my son into letting me adopt him! WIth reluctance (& the fact that my mothers day & birthday were coming up!) he agreed to let me take him. I was able to let him get out more often too so he has become my Kokoa's (my mini S.) little furry brotha!!! They just really have so much fun together. Kokoa gets out of bed in the morning & goes straight to the ferrets cage to say "good morning"!!! He then makes his trip outside to potty then he comes right back in cuz he knows it's time for his friend to come out of the cage.
    I have found that the breed are SERIOUSLY social animals. None of mine have ever enjoyed being alone, So everyone who talks about the independance of their mini's... Well, I dont have a clue what they're even talking about! Winston is a gorgeous guy!! I'm a newbie on here & have talked too much already so will send a pic of my two guys soon!
    Linda

Winston, you're a handsome little guy! It sounds like you help Bonnie out a lot, good boy! Congratulations on being DOTD! Have a great day!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Winston, you're such a ladies man! How handsome!

That sunny nature and and adorable schnauzer face has certainly brightened my day Winston! You are a true inspiration, the ultimate companion for your family and especially for dear Bonnie! The changes you wrought in her were nothing short of miraculous! You have indeed given her a second puppyhood, perhaps even the puppyhood she never really had! Her life, and that of your human, have been truly blessed to have you in it! Sometimes in life we meet someone who has an attitude so positive it uplifts everyone around them, makes them smile and feel like facing the world again, and you are one of those individuals, Winston. How honored we are to have you as our top dog today, that we may all be given a part of that uplifting spirit you shower upon those around you every day! Winston, I hope today you have an EXTRA special day today with your proud person and your adoring best bud, Bonnie. Congratulations on being our MOST deserving and heartwarming Dog of the Day!
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

awww i really loved winston.. he reminded me so much of lexie. thats exactly what shes going to look like when she grows up.

Winston...You are so handsome. I just love your salt and pepper hair. So glad that you put life back into Bonnie. You sound like you are a very special boy. Congratulations on DOTD. You deserve it. Hope you, Your family, and Bonnie will have a long and wonderful life together.
    LHCamry

Winston, you are gorgeous, I'm so happy to see a Mini Schnauzer on here, and what a great pal you are to Bonnie, they seem to get along so well when they have a brother or sister. We also have a salt and pepper Schnauzer named Perry and a black
    little girl called Miss Daisy who are the love of our lives. I'm glad to hear that Bonnie perked up when she got to live with Winston.
    It makes all the difference in the world. What a great pick for "Dog of the Day". We Schnauzer owners are very proud of you.
    Jackie, Miss Daisy and Perry.

Winston,
    It's always a pleasure for me to read the posts on DOTD. I learn something new and always leave with a smile in my heart. I especially appreciate Linda's and Jessica's posts. They've taken the words right from my mouth. Winston, you're such a sweetheart. You are a joy to be around and you've brought Bonnie back to life. Many, many hugs and treats to you on your special day.

COGNRATULATIONS WINSTON!

Boy you sure do sound like a treasure! How happy I'm sure you make your family

I'm so glad you've gotten your new sister to live life to the fullest! Hope the two of you have a great time today!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Hi there, Winston! I am glad you got your sister motivated, what a good boy you are! You're such a handsome boy! I hope you enjoy your day, sweetie with your sister and your family!
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Oh Winston, it sure is a great pleasure to meet you today. What a special boy you are!!! You know, by that little smile and pleasant look on your face, I could tell right away that you were special, but when I read about how you helped to turn Bonnie's life around, well...there is definitely someone who deserves to be Dog of the Day. Congratulations Winston. I hope you enjoy your special day. Lots of kisses to you and Bonnie.

Oh Winston, you are my hero. What a special boy you are to have pulled your sister out of her "old age" funk, and put the spark back in her spirit. My belief is that pets come into our lives for a reason and that we are paired with our fur friends by a divine matchmaker. You are where you should be Mr. Winston, living with your beloved family and Bonnie, I feel certain.

May you have a special day with all the love, treats, scratches and play time you can handle!

You are adorable, little guy!

Hello Winston,

What a charming, handsome fella you are. I'm so glad that
    you are such a good friend to Bonnie.Hope you both get treats
    to celebrate your honor as our DOG OF THE DAY.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt