Thread: i need some type of idea

i need some type of idea

my cat tiger has been pissing preety much all over the house . he looks normal and he acts normal. we are bringing him to the vet this weekend but i just want and idea of what may be wrong.

First a few questions. How old is your cat Tiger and is he neutered?

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

yes he is neutered and he is 7 years old ( in human years)

There can be many different reasons for cats to start peeing outside the litterbox. There is two terms used for this and they are horizontal suface and vertical surface. Horizontal means on the floor or anything horizontal, vertical means spraying the walls, furniture, ect...
    If your cat is spraying, it could mean he's marking his territory for some reason or he is stressed about something, or more a behavior problem. If he is peeing on the floor, it could mean there is something wrong with him, even though he looks and acts healthy.
    Have you changed brands of kitty litter? Changed the location of the litter? Changed something like your furniture around or an airfreshner in your house? These might be a reason cats start to do this.
    There is medication for anti-anxiety that works very well to correct this also.
    When mine start to pee outside their litter, this always works for me if it's not medical. I confine them to a small space like the bathroom or a bedroom with an immaculately clean litterbox, right after they eat, and for an hour every two hours. So, if he is in the bathroom from 1:00 to 2:00, I put him back in there at 4:00 and so on. When he starts to get better I extend the time out of the bathroom or bedroom little by little. If he gets worse I shorten the time. I also go in and visit him about every 15 minutes while he's in there so he doesnt feel deserted and the behavioral problem doesnt worsen. I never leave the house and leave him unattended either when he's still peeing around the house. It takes a lot of patients to correct this when they start, but it can be corrected! Good luck!

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible"

It has been my experence that cat's are prone to (UTI) urinary tract infections. This is caused by dry food crystalizing the urine and thus causing them to have problems.

another reason could be if you have changed his litter recently!

if you have other cats, he may not like to share.

there are several reasons this could be happening, like you I would go see the whitecoats for proper diagnosis.

Good Luck!!!!!!

thank u for puting in your input. and no i havent changed ANYTHING EVERYTHING IS STILL THE SAME. the litter the furniture we dont have a nother cat, and the litter box is still in the same spot and its clean. i think it might be a uti but thats becaouse thats all i know of what it could do.but what sucks now is that our vet the 1 i was sopose to bring him to is on vacation for a week so know i egther have to wait until next week when they open or go to the pet hospital and i dont want to wait.

I just got back from Petco( I swore I'd never go in there again, but it was an emergency) and they have all kinds of stuff that will stpo cats from peeing outside their litterbox! I thought of you when I saw it all! It wouldnt hurt to check it all out if it's not a medical problem.

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible"

thank you so much for telling me. were going to check it this weekend.

my cat is pooping out hard poopys. how can i make them softer, and do u know maybe why their hard.

Blog Entries

Tiger's bowel problems

IBS???? Maybe.

Webster defines IBS this way:

Irritable Bowel Syndrome
    Main Entry: irritable bowel syndrome
    Function: noun
    : a chronic functional disorder of the colon that is characterized especially by constipation or diarrhea, cramping abdominal pain, and the passage of mucus in the stool -- abbreviation IBS

I would think regarding the peeing, your sweet Tiger may have an urinary tract infection. Pussycats pride themselves on cleaness so if Tiger peeps OR poops right in front of you that means SEE A VETERINARIAN IMMEDIATELY. Pussycats would never do this if they are in good health.

Please don't punish your Tiger because he can't help it right now.

You may wish to ask the veterinarian exactly what diet plan Tiger needs.

Purrrrrrs from Sasha
    Last edited by sasha the cat; 07-30-2005 at 12:50 PM.

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore