Thread: Helpful kitties strike again!

Helpful kitties strike again!

I've been making homemade iced tea all summer. The recipe is simple: microwave a mug of water with a teabag in it for 1 minute. I've been setting to mug of hot tea on top of the microwave til its cool to drink. Once its poured into a glass, I nuke another mug so the new mug has time to cool while I drink the one I just poured. Good little rhythm, right?

Well, in the past week or so, I've noticed that the tea level in the mug once cooled was different than the tea level when hot. I couldn't understand what happened during the cooling process. Yes, I understand the whole concept of evaporation, but this was a lot more than evaporation could explain!

Now this morning I solved the mystery of the missing tea. I walked into the kitchen with Harry balancing his huge self on the table while stretching his giraffe neck out onto the top of the microwave and gently lapping my tea!!!

Bad Harry! I shooed him away, shrugged my shoulders, and poured the tea into a glass of crushed ice. Came to the computer with my fresh cat tested iced tea and Abby politely jumped up and started to drink from my glass. Bad Abby! Shooed her away and guess who just visited me? Harry - and he just drank from my glass.

Sooo.... will I drink the remainder of my tea?

Re: Helpful kitties strike again!

Originally posted by catnapper
    Sooo.... will I drink the remainder of my tea?
    Yes.

Didn't know cats liked tea. And just where was your camera when you saw "Harry balancing his huge self on the table while stretching his giraffe neck out onto the top of the microwave and gently lapping my tea!!!"?

CJ isn't near as big as Harry, but he has that giraffe neck, so I can really picture Harry.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

ROFL
    I love making sun tea but it takes so long to be ready. LOL
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

They were obviously doing quality control!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

LOL! I can just picture it. Years ago, I caught Fister drinking tea out of my cup on the night table. It stopped when I put his own glass of water in the corner of my bedroom.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

What GOOD kitties, making sure the temperature was just right for you!

THE FOUND CATS,AND I OFTEN DRINK,FROM THE SAME GLASS,THERE REALLY,IS NO HELTH ISSUE,THERE.
    ICED TEA,THEY DONT LIKE,BUT THAT FILTERED MILK,IS ANOTHER THING,ALL TOGETHER!!!

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Re: Re: Helpful kitties strike again!

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    Yes.

And just where was your camera when you saw "Harry balancing his huge self on the table while stretching his giraffe neck out onto the top of the microwave and gently lapping my tea!!!"?
    YEAH!!! Just where was your camera??? Don't you know that all PT'ers are supposed to carry their camera's with them at all times.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

These are the first kitties I hear of sipping tea - can't you make them their own catnip tea?

Helpful kitties

What a lucky Meowmie you are having your very own quality control unit right there! Maybe if you give each of them a dish with their own tea they won't drink yours. Then again, maybe not though, yours probably tastes much better!!!!!
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

LOL......better start making them their own tea.

LOL! I didn't know cats even liked tea. I think making hem thier own tea is a good idea, too. but it will take twice as long to make.
    Lightning theSuperCat!

"A recent study says that over 100% of all cats are nuerotic. That estimate is probably on the low side"

"Most cats need 24 hours of sleep a day. Many cats need more than that"

LOL.... I've never thought of making them their own tea. They DO have their own glass of water next to the computer and its replaced several tiems throughout the day because they drink so much from it. They even get crushed ice in their water galss.

Who says my cats are spoiled?

Hmmm, sounds like a glass of iced tea needs to be placed next to the water. I thought my kids were spoiled!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!