Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sad news.....I'm sorry

Sad news.....I'm sorry

One of our members, Terri, who is Golden Smiles here at Pet Talk, and Sugarbear over at Golden Retriever has lost her Otis.....the Golden boy she kept out of her last litter of puppies. I am not handling this news very well, but I knew you would want to know and keep Terri and her family in your prayers. I have copied and am pasting the message from GR over to this board.

Hello everyone,

I just received an e mail from Terri aka sugarbear and the news made my soul weep.

She has been having problems posting this <MSN glitch---I think>

I am copying the email and pasteing it here.

Please say Prayers for her and her family and send strength to endure the agony until smiles and memories ease her pain. And pray for our baby OTIS who has been taken to the bridge---- he was born on this site.

Give your babies a gnuggle and hold them dear.

Lonewoodslady
    Hi Debbi~
    I have tried 2x to write this on the golden site, but quit mid story, it is
    just too hard. On tues, the 19th, i came home from work and let Amos and Otis
    out first and fed the(too much food aggression if the girls are out too)
    about a half hour later I went to switch them, and two of the slats of the
    6ft stockade fence were knocked loose and the boys were gone. I heard barking
    and some ruckus, but that's usual especially when the little Boston terrier
    up the street comes over and torments from the other side of the fence! I
    immediately started lokking and calling for them, notified neighbors who went
    looking also. I thought I would head to the playground or the creek up the
    street and find them quickly as usual(they get loose 2-3x a year)After an
    hour I was scared.i called the police, the humane society and the local
    shelter etc and went out looking with hubby in 2 cars. We looked for 3 hours
    until it was dark and came home and prayed for a call. The phone rang at 7;45
    and said "is this the Amos residence?" They read Amos's Id and thought that
    was our last name, I was so happy. they said "do you have 2 goldens?" I
    screamed "they found them" and the lady then said "Im so sorry, one is dead
    and the other will not leave his side, and I'm afraid he's going to get hit
    also".(she was calling from her cell phone, the person who hit him did not
    stop) We went right there, to the bridge next to Elk Creek where they swam a
    lot in the summer, they were both soaked, and my poor baby was gone. It was
    the worst thing i had ever seen. Amos was right there next to him, Otis died
    instantly. He was such a spoiled baby, my husbands shadow, he was THE
    sweetest we've ever had, I think because he was in our bed from week 2 on. My
    husband was and is devastated, I have never seen him in 11 years sob like he
    did, it was all a nightmare. I don't feel like doing anything, i feel lost,
    and my family is so sad. The boys stayed home from school the next day as did
    Terry and I. I miss him so much. I needed to share this, and get it off my
    chest, thanks for listening and give all your babies a hug and kiss from us,
    Terri and family
    P.S Deb, if you wouldn't mind posting this for me, I would appreciate it.

I'm offering my deepest sympathy over such a tragic loss. I'll keep them (and you) in my prayers.
    Click here to visit my photo album

"Anywhere I'll ever go and everywhere I've been, nothing takes my breath away like my front porch looking in." - Lonestar

So much sadness for these Beautiful Goldens today...

Aunt Jazz & now I read of the tragic loss of Otis. I want
    to offer my deepest sympathy in this bitter hour of hurt
    and loss. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers. Liz.

I can't even start to tell you how sorry I feel for your family. Poor Otis to leave you so soon. I will pray for him and your family.
    I just can't write more tonight.

Terri - My heart is so heavy and I can't stop crying for you. It was so painful to read this post. I don't know what to say because I know nothing will make it better. What a horrible accident that could happen to anybody I am so so sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers every night. I can't express my sorrow and sympathy enough. I know how much you love your babies and it is heartbreaking that one was taken from you so early. Please try to stay strong and don't hesitate to email me if you need to talk. I am so sorry
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Words cannot express the sadness that I feel for you losing Otis in such a tragic way. I can fully understand how you feel as we love our babies so much, if anything happened to them I would be devestated. I wish I could give you comfort in words, but there is nothing one can say at this time except to tell you I will hug Daisy and Perry and love them in Otis memory.
    This has not been a good week for the Golden people for the loss of Otis and Aunt Jazz illness, I am truly sorry for all of you and you have my prayers and good wishes.
    Jackie

My heart goes out to you. I am in tears. What a tragedy. Life is so unfair. I am so so sorry.
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

This is beyond words. Gentlest hugs & kisses to all Otis's family from Angel, the Tibetan Spaniel.
    Marie

Sad Loss...

Our prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family, words cannot express, the sadness that we all feel for your sad loss.

Take Care... Jackie, Luke, Jesse, Strom, Oliver, Chester and Buster. xxxxxxx
    This Is One Dogs Struggle To Take Life Easy...

Former User Guest
    Our deepest sympathies for you all, what a sad thing to happen

((((((((((Terri and Family))))))))))))

Terri,

what a terrible tragedy. My heart goes out to you and your family.

My deepest heartfelt sympathy to Terri and her family. I feel your pain and know how devastating this terrible tragedy is. A few years ago I nursed a very sick kitty back to health, only to find him hit and killed by a car nine months later.
    Terri, you and your family are in my prayers.

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

Oh this hurts my heart so much. I am so sorry that this happened. How horrible it is for everyone, and when I read about Amos not leaving his best friends' side, I just lost it I can't imagine seeing my best friend get killed right before my eyes. It is a most horrible tragity and I am so, so sorry. I hope everyone can get peace, and Amos will heal his broken heart soon. Please tell your friends that they are in my thoughts and prayers. It's just SO horrible.

The fact that Amos stayed by Otis's side brought back not-so-good memories of when I had to say goodbye to my yellow labbie, Beener. The vet came to my house to send Beener off to the RB. The vet suggested that we keep Graham out in the back yard because Graham was so driven to keep Beeners' legs away from that doctor. We had to litterlly carry Graham outside because he would not leave his dying brother's side. In the days following, he found comfort in lying on Beeners grave and mouning. He stayed with Beener for as long as he found necessary Dogs are so sensetive but they also learn to heal their aching heart. Amos' pain is apparent, but he will heal just as Graham healed.

I am so, so sorry. It's a horrible thing to happen.

terri, you have our deepest sympathy and prayers....such a tragic story....i am at a loss for words...please try to take comfort that otis will be waiting for you at The Rainbow Bridge...happy and healthy as he is in your thoughts....hugs for you all... the deli dog
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

My deepest symapthies to Terri and her family. Her story made my heart cry.