Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sad news.....I'm sorry

I am so sorry to hear about Otis.
    It is never easy to loose a furry friend.
    Thoughts are with you and your family.

----<---<--<{(@

Thanks again everyone, you are all so wonderful. Aly, I just saw the banner, OMG that is so beautiful, my little angel. Thankyou. can i store that or use it with my signature, i am terrible at this stuff. I love that, so does my family.
    We are starting to talk about Otis and laugh about his silly antics, like when we'd want to get in bed and he'd be sprawled out I'd say "get down Odie, after we get in you can get back up" and he'd "SLIME" his way off, firs his head and paws ever so SSLLOOWWLLYY would slide off, then his middle, then finally his back end would FLOP and hit the floor!! He got off of everything like that!! He was so funny!
    I know Amos(the hero, Otis's daddy)Bailey(otis's mommy) and Stella are grieving, especailly the first week, I don't think Mocha notices, too young.
    Thanks for being so supportiveguys, it means so much to us. Two of my sons have had birthadys in the lst 5 days, so we've been trying to put on happy faces. oxxo Terri and family
    Golden smiles,

Terri I am a little late reading your post and am very glad I don't have to go into work today as it would take a bit to compose myself. How terribly, terribly sad and such a shock for you! I have lost furkids under a planned, controlled situation (at the vet's) but also lost my beloved Whitney very suddenly at the age of 8. Though neither way is easy, I think the suddenness of a pet death shakes one to the core maybe just a bit more. I am glad to read that you are now able to sit back and reflect on happier times and the joy that Otis gave you in life. That is what keeps us going. There will of course be times when the tears will start (mine can still come and it's been years) but your memories will always be there for you to draw on. God bless you.

Hi Terri. I hope you're still holding up okay.

Here's the address of the Otis banner. You can put it in your sig with the [ img]and [ /img] (I had to add those spaces so it'd show up).

http://www.photogra.com/galleries/35...0225145403.jpg
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Terri and family, sorry to hear of your loss. Your family will be in our prayers.

I'm so terribly sorry I couldn't respond for a few days. I handle human tragedy much better than furkid tragedy. I am so sorry, beyond words, for everone's losses. I look at my Cody and just can't imagine. Just thinking about it makes me cry. You are all in my prayers and in my heart. I love you all....Karen

Re: Sad news.....I'm sorry

Originally posted by Logan
    One of our members, Terri, who is Golden Smiles here at Pet Talk, and Sugarbear over at Golden Retriever has lost her Otis.....the Golden boy she kept out of her last litter of puppies. I am not handling this news very well, but I knew you would want to know and keep Terri and her family in your prayers. I have copied and am pasting the message from GR over to this board.

Hello everyone,

I just received an e mail from Terri aka sugarbear and the news made my soul weep.

She has been having problems posting this <MSN glitch---I think>

I am copying the email and pasteing it here.

Please say Prayers for her and her family and send strength to endure the agony until smiles and memories ease her pain. And pray for our baby OTIS who has been taken to the bridge---- he was born on this site.

Give your babies a gnuggle and hold them dear.

Lonewoodslady
    Hi Debbi~
    I have tried 2x to write this on the golden site, but quit mid story, it is
    just too hard. On tues, the 19th, i came home from work and let Amos and Otis
    out first and fed the(too much food aggression if the girls are out too)
    about a half hour later I went to switch them, and two of the slats of the
    6ft stockade fence were knocked loose and the boys were gone. I heard barking
    and some ruckus, but that's usual especially when the little Boston terrier
    up the street comes over and torments from the other side of the fence! I
    immediately started lokking and calling for them, notified neighbors who went
    looking also. I thought I would head to the playground or the creek up the
    street and find them quickly as usual(they get loose 2-3x a year)After an
    hour I was scared.i called the police, the humane society and the local
    shelter etc and went out looking with hubby in 2 cars. We looked for 3 hours
    until it was dark and came home and prayed for a call. The phone rang at 7;45
    and said "is this the Amos residence?" They read Amos's Id and thought that
    was our last name, I was so happy. they said "do you have 2 goldens?" I
    screamed "they found them" and the lady then said "Im so sorry, one is dead
    and the other will not leave his side, and I'm afraid he's going to get hit
    also".(she was calling from her cell phone, the person who hit him did not
    stop) We went right there, to the bridge next to Elk Creek where they swam a
    lot in the summer, they were both soaked, and my poor baby was gone. It was
    the worst thing i had ever seen. Amos was right there next to him, Otis died
    instantly. He was such a spoiled baby, my husbands shadow, he was THE
    sweetest we've ever had, I think because he was in our bed from week 2 on. My
    husband was and is devastated, I have never seen him in 11 years sob like he
    did, it was all a nightmare. I don't feel like doing anything, i feel lost,
    and my family is so sad. The boys stayed home from school the next day as did
    Terry and I. I miss him so much. I needed to share this, and get it off my
    chest, thanks for listening and give all your babies a hug and kiss from us,
    Terri and family
    P.S Deb, if you wouldn't mind posting this for me, I would appreciate it.
    I'm so sorry for your loss, I know what it is like

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets