Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oooooooo....another lipstick

Oooooooo....another lipstick

My name is Denise and I am addicted to buying lipsticks - see new one advertised and yep there I am next day buying the darn thing............... Not even deterred by the fact that my furkids fur sticks to me every time I kiss their little heads - Help!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Ah, you're just like I USED to be! I am reformed now and hardly ever wear any! LOL

No advice as to how I did it. Cold turkey perhaps?

LOL I'm not sure how to stop that "addiction"...maybe switch to lip gloss, then chapstick, and slowly ween yourself away from lipstick...

Big kisses to you both! Oh no I've smudged my lippy

Aah, better re-apply! Wait, maybe not...

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I've never worn lipstick, but, I'd like to sometimes. I just want to find the right color. I'd like to find one of those everlasting types, but, so far, the ones I've tried have felt really gross on my lips. I can't remember the kind (I think it may have been revlon) that my mom and i just recently tried, and, as soon as you touch your lips together at all, it feels really gritty. It was nasty! It doesn't matter if you're addicted, as long as what you're addicted to doesn't make you look like a clown! If it looks good on you, go for it!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I use to be like that until I found the perfect color. Amethyst by laura mercier
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Originally posted by finn's mom
    . I'd like to find one of those everlasting types, but, so far, the ones I've tried have felt really gross on my lips.
    I know what you mean - as luck would have it I am currently using Superstay by Maybelline (arrived today!). The blurb says it stays put and is non-drying and so far its seems to be true!

I've been on the lookout for a glossy "stay-put" lipstick for months. I love mauve colors as that is what looks best on me.

I've tried almost every kind of long-lasting lipstick to no avail. They're either too dry, or the color "feathers" into the lines around my mouth.

Geez, for the amount of money you pay for one (anywhere from $8.99 to $12.99) you'd think they'd come up with SOMETHING that works!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I pay $18.00 or $19.00 for one lipstick!
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

TO ME
    Lipstick - makeup is an addicition also...
    Altho since buying some more expensive things at Sephora and Bare Escentuals I haven't ran out and bought anything at Walmart or the drugstore.
    Altho I bought a few at Bare Escentuals and Sephora in Cali - I say go for it...
    I don't like to clothes shop b/c of my weight. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE to buy makeup and smelly things - they make me feel girly and flirty and pretty - and just like my animals my makeup doesn't care if I am having a bloated day and my pants aren't comfortable. I can still make myself pretty with my makeup.
    And smell good with the good smellies!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

This is just terrible... please, call LLA (Lipstick Lovers Anonymous) right away! There is help out there!!!
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by JenBKR
    LOL I'm not sure how to stop that "addiction"...maybe switch to lip gloss, then chapstick, and slowly wean yourself away from lipstick...
    NO! lipgloss is even worse! The pet hair sticks forever and while furry lips may be cute on our pets, it's not a good fashion statement and it feels funny

Now to feed that addiction, there are other forums like those on http://www.icompact.com or http://www.makeupalley.com .... but you didn't hear it from me! See you at the LLA meeting tonight!

Sephora stores in San Francisco now also carry Bare Escentuals a one-stop shop!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

I just LOOOOOOOOVE putting on lipstick and leaving red lip marks all over MooShoo's naked little buttski!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Originally posted by moosmom
    I just LOOOOOOOOVE putting on lipstick and leaving red lip marks all over MooShoo's naked little buttski!
    Sometimes I forget I have lipstick on and I'll kiss my kitties - especialy Mishi - on their little lips. He looks so cute with lipstick on his white kissy-spot

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10