Thread: Romeo & Juliet are doing it.....

Romeo & Juliet are doing it.....

I miss my cat of 14 years (Jacob) and just got 2 new kittens. They are about 3 months old, brother and sister. They are both the love of my life. Juliet is my first female cat, and Romeo is simply doing, I'm sure what comes natrually. How long must I wait to have them spayed and neutered? I don't want any more kittens. How soon can Juliet get pregnant?

A concerned father.....
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Ed LaHaie

You can get them spayed and neutered now. I have not heard of a cat beneath the age of 6 months being able to get pregnant.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Welcome to PT. Both of your kittens sure are gorgeous. As long as they weigh enough then they can both be spayed and neutered. I've heard of females going into heat as early as 5 months old and males usually mature a little bit slower than the females. Good luck and please keep us updated. I'd also love to see more pictures of them.

Kittens can go on heat and get pregnant, as young as four months old !!!

I would say if the boy is big enough to do it, he is old enough to be altered. I would take them both to your vets and ask your vets opinion about when to get them atered.

In England the standard age is six months old, though I understand alters are done as young as eight weeks in USA.

Romeo & Juliet

I can't thank you all enough, I will bring them to the vet this week and move quickly. Romeo is going to be a BIG cat and I'm looking forward to it. Juliet is small but growing fast. The love I carried for my dear departed jacob (orange tabby) I have rekindled in these two. I'll keep looking around the message board for more information as these two continue to mature.
    How do you post pictures in the text box?
    Ed LaHaie

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Welcome to Pettalk. Romeo & Juliet are gorgeous kittens, and I'm glad to hear that you're getting them altered. My vet often does spays and neuters at 8 weeks provided they weigh 2 Lbs or more. Kittens bounce back very fast from the surgery when it's done at an earlier age. Tissues have not had a chance to swell any with first heats, and the chances of mammary tumors etc. are reduced greatly. If you check their teeth, a kitten nearing six months will have adult canine teeth already in.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Re: Romeo & Juliet

Originally posted by edlahaie
    I can't thank you all enough, I will bring them to the vet this week and move quickly. Romeo is going to be a BIG cat and I'm looking forward to it. Juliet is small but growing fast. The love I carried for my dear departed jacob (orange tabby) I have rekindled in these two. I'll keep looking around the message board for more information as these two continue to mature.
    How do you post pictures in the text box?
    Here's the link that tells you how to post pictures: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...sting+Tutorial. I used to use imagestation but now I prefer photobucket. Good luck.

Welcome to PT!
    Romeo and Juliet and very cute, you're lucky having them both. It's nice that you go to your vet, he will advise you at best taking into account the weight and maturity of your babies.
    Take good care of them, and keep us posted!

Raven is spayed, and Bubba and Pink Nose are both neutered, but that hasn't stopped them!
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb

Romeo & Juliet are back!

Thanks for all the moral support. Romeo and Juliet can now engage in whatever activity they desire. They actually go back to the vet on Wednesday (08/03/05) to get their stitches removed.
    I'm happy they are happy, and Romeo seems to have calmed down a bit. He's more loving and seems to want to be around us even more than before. Thanks to all who have made this littel bump along lifes highway something to look back on and laugh about.
    Ed LaHaie

Hi, welcome to Pet Talk! We just love to share stories and pictures of our furries, so it will be a joy to see your two precious babies grow!
    I'm glad that you were able to get your babies in so quickly and that they are doing fine.

**hugs**

Welcome to PT. Our Tigris is the son of a cat who became pregnant at 5 months of age. She is a purebreed Siberian- but it was definitely not planned that she became pregnant by an Aby boy

She had 4 wonderful kittens and having our Tigris we won't complain- but her owners just like we never knew it could happen that quickly.