Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eddie Update

Eddie Update

For those who would like to know about my son in Norfolk that was burned on May 24th, 82% of his body, 2nd & 3rd. degree burns....

Eddie is on the road to recovery. He is healing and doing great but still has a long rough road ahead. They are holding off on doing anymore surgery for now, letting him build back up, get stronger, do physical therapy and let his body heal to see what other surgery he needs. Physical therapy is extreemy painful for him, imagine having new skin that does not stretch and needing to make it stretch and get flexable. Imagine having not stood on your feet for 2 months and having to stand on them. Imagine having laid in bed for 2 months and hardly being able to move, you have lost your range of motion, your muscles have gone, joints don't want to move and now they want you to do these things and it hurts like hell.. He still has a long way to go and he can not understand WHY it is taking so long and is getting discouraged. Like most of us, we take simple walking across the floor for granted, and he can't understand WHY he can't do it and when he trys, there is so much pain! I don't know if he even yet, understands the extent of his injuries or what all he has went through, the number of surgeries.... the infections... the set backs and milestones. The small victories that had us dancing in the halls, what a joyful day it was for us when he took his first sip, finally reconized one of us, asked to have his teeth brushed. He has NO idea of any of this.

He is now suffering from this ICU Syndrone. His mind is seemingly clear of sedatives but is groggy and not thinking clearly because of the disturbed sleep he gets in ICU, someone in there hourly to check him, poke him, change something or just not letting him get a WHOLE night of undisturbed sleep. Have this happen to you for 3 months and you get kind of wacky in the head. He is driving his wife crazy at times being so demanding, has accused her of not loving him and wants her there 24/7, in his room, by his side! (Not sitting in a chair nearby, but standing by his side!)

I am leaving saturday to go back to Norfolk to see him and I will be there for 2 weeks. Hopefully, I can give her a break and try to get him to see this is going to take time and we have to take it, one step at a time but he will get there and get his life back! I don't know if he is looking forwards to me coming or dreading it but he has been asking when I was coming.

He still needs everyones prayers and so does his wife, so keep them coming as well as for the angels that saved him that day. Like Regina said, this is a long term thing and we need the committment for long term prayers. So far, we have had one miracle after another as a result of the prayers so lets keep them coming! Thanks

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

and here I am..(*hangs head in shame*) complaining about my recovery from back surgery....
    I hope that the miracles continue for Eddie and that despite the torturous PT, and disturbed sleep, that he continues to make such wonderful progress! Please let him know that he has tons of prayers coming his way and that we'll be encouraging him all the way!

I've been Boooo'd!

Wow! That's so much to deal with for you and your family. Prayers going out to all of you.

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I pray for strength for all of you. When these horrible things happen to our loved ones - everyone is put through a major test...........and it is amazing any of us pass that test.

I am so sorry that he is in so much pain - mmmm..........I cannot even imagine. Hopefully he won't recall any of it......and as he progresses, he will recognize all that his wife and you are doing for him.

Sorry to hear the demands just remeber though he is he to be demanding . He could not be. Glad he is doing so well.

How is your nephew Brandan doing from his car accident. My momsent cards to them and was just wondering about him the other day, heand Eddie are still on her pray list until further notice.

Laura when I saw you were back I so wanted to hear about Eddie. What a terrible ordeal he is going through.

And of course he had no time to get his mind in the right frame- I don't know how to express myself- because he did not really notice all the miracles that happened. I am sure he is feeling really horrible inside.

When I had my brain surgery I was really cranky when recovering- because I was afraid I woud never be as I have been before and because I noticed my will just couldn't do it- I had to wait for the work of time........

Especially for people who have been healthy and have no experience with being really really sick this takes time.

Eddie can be so happy to have you all around and I hope he will do better not only physically but also in his mindset.

Glad to hear that Eddie is making progress. It will be a long road, but with the love and support he has from his family he will do well. Continued prayers for everyone!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Prayers are coming.

PERFECT words Barbra! I will tell him that..

When I had my brain surgery I was really cranky when recovering- because I was afraid I woud never be as I have been before and because I noticed my will just couldn't do it- I had to wait for the work of time........
    Corinna, Brandon is doing fine amazingly enough! He graduated on the 11th of June and he WALKED across the stage to get his diploma (against the doctors wishes of coarse). They sent me a picture of him and I was going to scan and post for all of you and for some reason, my scanner has quit working.. (10years old, maybe that is why?)

This is the link to Eddies web page, I upgraded it so there are no more pop ups if anyone wants to go read a day to day account of what has been going on. His wife has done a fantastic job on updating but she wants me to do it when I get up there to give her a break from that too.

Thanks for ALL the prayers for both Eddie and Brandon and I can honestly say, the blessings have poured for our family as a result of those prayers. Regina said on her last post (yesterday)

"Please continue to pray for my Eddie, his Angels and the rest of us. They weren't kidding when they said that this would be the hard part, we need prayers now more than ever. Thank you for reading, and thanks also to those who have been responding. When I log on I look for responses first, they're awesomely uplifting and I sure need that! Ya'll take care and God Bless each of you ~ Regina"

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/categorie...egoryID=424441

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I've also been awaiting an update on Eddie. I'm glad to hear there haven't been any setbacks, and that slowly but surely Eddie is moving forward. I'm sorry the pain is so unbearable as is the hospital stay...I can't imagine the stress this places on your entire family, but Eddie is alive. Prayers still being sent as always until the day Eddie leaves the hospital.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Laura, I had Eddie on my mind, yesterday, wondering how he was holding up. Thank you so much for the update. This is such a difficult period, especially with the pain he endures and the emotional issues due to lack of sleep and not being able to be the way he wants more quickly. He is a lucky man for many reasons, but mostly because he has the love and devotion of his wife and his mother. You guys are real troopers, too, and I know your goal is to get him back as close to 100% as you can.

Take care and please reassure Regina that our prayers are not ending for all of you.

Logan

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. How difficult this is for all of you.

Terry

Laura, first of all I'm so glad to see you back again!

Secondly, I think your being there will be a tremendous help - to both Eddie and Regina. Sometimes people get so focused on their own situations that it takes something unusual to make them take a step back and take another look at their situation. Hopefully your being there will be that event for Eddie.

There has to be so many emotional and psychological things going on with him - in addition to all the physical things. As an example, maybe he doesn't want Regina to leave his side because he is afraid - afraid she won't come back because he thinks he's hideous now, afraid that something else will happen and she won't be there to protect him, and just afraid of being alone and having to deal with all this by himself. Of course he would never admit to any of this, and even knowing it won't make it any easier on Regina. It's just a very very difficult time for everyone involved.

I will be hoping and praying that the recovery starts going a little easier for him. Have you got any idea when they will be transferrring out of ICU and into a regular room? That also might just be the boost that he needs - along with some needed rest.

{{{hugs}}}
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

You are all still in my prayers (((hugs)))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

I cannot even try to start imagine the frustration your son must feel... but I can imagine the wonderful joy you and the rest of the family must feel as he's recovering bit by bit! It's wonderful to hear that he's on the slow but hopefully study road to recovery. We shall continue to keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Best wishes from Sylvie, KS' mom
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!