Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wingaling Homestyle dog food!!!!!Do not try it!!!

Wingaling Homestyle dog food!!!!!Do not try it!!!

Hello,

BEWARE OF THE DOG FOOD BRAND BY MERRICK PET CARE!!!! I BOUGHT THIS FOOD ON RECOMMENDATIONS BY THE PET STORE OWNER!!! HE SAID HIS DOGS LOVE IT MIXED WITH THEIR DRY FOOD. SO I TRIED IT FOR CHICA. I DIDN'T EXPECT TO FIND BONES IN IT.

I WROTE AN E-MAIL TO THE COMPANY.

Hello,

I was disturbed by what I found in your product of dog food. I found bones in the food I was feeding my dog. I was very shocked at this discovery in your dog food. That is why I am writing you to let you know that this is so dangerous for a dog to swallow. It could kill the dog, or cause damage to the intestines. I would have thought your dog food would never have this problem. But since I did find the bones and I did save them, and the can I found them in. I am afraid to feed my dog your product any more. I will report this also. No one should have their dogs eating this product with the potential of giving their dog bones in their food that could hurt the dog in any way. I think the BBB and the Humane Society should be aware of this problem.

Merrick is commonly known to have bones in their food -- I've read several complaints on other forums about it. Their ingredients look good too, but their meat is rotten stuff they get from Tyson Meats. As far as I'm concerned, Merrick isn't a very reputable company, and after all of the complaints I've seen, I won't be buying their food for my pets any time soon!

I'm glad you found the bones before Chica ate any.

Dang, & I thought Kibble n Bits was bad dog food!! Thats my new #1 bad dog food, sheesh

Wow! I also heard of finding bones in Merrick canned foods.

However, can I ask if you smushed the bones, yet? Oftentimes, canned dog food is pressure cooked to a very high temperature in which the meat breaks down but the bone remains wholly intact. However, when you apply slight pressure to the bone via a fork or flat butter knife, you'll find that the chicken bones slices nicely and actually crumbles into harmless powdery mush. In fact, this is how many many people make their own homemade canned food. I can actually make another topic with the recipe for the homemade canned food.

bones in dog food

Giselle;

These bones will not break up, they are hard as rocks or bones...so I picked them out of the food I was going to serve Chica. Can you imagine Chica swallowing them..

She would probably have died from choking on them, or puncturing here intestines!!!

Thank you everyone for letting me know more information about this product! The FDA should take it off the market!!!!!!!!!!!

Sherry, this is awful. I'm cringeing at the thought of little Chica getting a hard bone. Good job at finding the bones. We love Chica with her pink bow!

Terry

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Wow! Those are even cooked ones, from the looks of them. Finn eats raw chicken bones, but, never cooked ones. If they would smush up, that would be one thing, but, I'm glad you found them before your girl did. That's nasty.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I don't know what people think sometimes.
    Do they feed their own dogs this stuff??

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

Bigyummydog,Finn's mom,Daisy and Delilah:

I appreciate your comments. Thanks for loving Chica the way you do. She is so lovable. Those people out there making food for animals seem uncaring!!!! They should be embarrassed by making and selling this crapp!!!!

That's terrible. I was hoping the bones would smush because somebody posted a topic like this on another board, but their bones were smushy. I used to think Merrick was a heaven-sent canned food. Guess not!

I posted a thread about 2 months ago about Wingaling. I feed my dog Fenway, Merrick dog food. I fed him the Wingaling with the bones and I thought he would chew them. But I noticed after 1 minute of putting the food down the bones were gone so I freaked out thinking he had bones in his tummy just sitting there. So I decided to no longer feed him Wingaling. But then someone on this board said the wings were soft and to test how soft they were. So I bought another can and sure enough, they were soft bones. So I continued to buy it. But after reading your thread, I don't think I will. However, I will continue to feed Fenway the other Merrick food. He eats a 1/2 part of Merrick dried food with a 1/2 part of Innova dry food. I also feed him Innova wet food sometimes. I always thought Merrick was a good company and the place that I purchase it raves about it. Fenway eats Grammy's Pot Pie dry food.

Ok, Sherry I know you are upset but
    take a deep breath.
    I went to the web site and looked up the ingredients.
    Click on the link below and in their ingredients.
    Right their in black and white it says "read before feeding"
    and talks about chicken bones in their cans of Wingaling food.
    (but from what I read the bones are supposed to be soft
    and mushy but not hard.)
    See what they say when they write you back.

http://www.merrickpetcare.com/store/...p?c=15&s=20291

----<---<--<{(@

If you didn't expect to find bones in it...you didn't read the label. Because it tells you EXACTLY what's in the food so you're aware of it.

I have fed my dog this food to put weight on him...worked wonders. I just manually smushed up the bones. This is NOT a bad food...it's a quality food. But like any other food, kibble or canned, it needs to be given properly or it will cause problems.

The object is to add things to the diet that you can't get in normal kibble (like a true meat product that you can actually SEE, instead of just assuming that it is what they say it is). It's great stuff, if it is fed properly...and quite honestly, I think you're blowing this out of proportion.

When I bought the stuff, the store owner told me EXACTLY what was in it (including whole turkey wings), and told me what I'd see (carrots, peas, etc), and when I went home, I read the label for proper feeding instructions. Nary a problem with my dogs.

Like I said, if you had read the label....

14. Whether its on the lable or not.. cooked bones can cause
    problems in more ways then one and can be to harmful dogs.

cooked bones are very britle and can splinter easily when
    the dogs chew them. and they can end up with throat
    and stomach splinters.

not something i would want from a can of dog food
    thats supposed to be good for my dog.

unless it states (raw bones included) or (all raw meterial) on the lable.

If they are hard bones then apparently there's something wrong.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits