Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pets From The Past Visit Home As A Ghost

dukedogsmom

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    My mom said that our RB Kitty Boy came and settled into bed with her one night. He had stomache cancer and had to be PTS. He was such a sweet kitty. All these stories bring tears to my eyes. I hope Duke visits me often after he's gone.
    That is a very nice story about your RB Kkitty Boy. I hope it won't be for a long that your Duke is gone. I hope he lives to
    to be 15 years old.
    Sandy Frost

I never thought about it, until reading this thread, but every now and then I feel one of the furkids jump on the bed and then there's no furkid there! Could it be one of my RB furkids?
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

a few days after duke went to the bridge, i was sitting outside on the porch enjoying the warm weather when a single white feather blew into the yard, landing on my lap. when i brushed the sweet old goldens legs and tail, i'd tell him how much i loved his" feathers" on his legs. i'm sure he sent me the feather. it's in his box with his ashes.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

chocolatepuppy

Originally posted by chocolatepuppy
    I never thought about it, until reading this thread, but every now and then I feel one of the furkids jump on the bed and then there's no furkid there! Could it be one of my RB furkids?
    That is great that you feel your fur kids. I think that is cool.
    Sandy FROST

joycenlax

Originally posted by joycenalex
    a few days after duke went to the bridge, i was sitting outside on the porch enjoying the warm weather when a single white feather blew into the yard, landing on my lap. when i brushed the sweet old goldens legs and tail, i'd tell him how much i loved his" feathers" on his legs. i'm sure he sent me the feather. it's in his box with his ashes.
    What a great story about your golden and the feather. I think it's great that you have hid ashes & feather in a box.
    Sandy Frost

I find this thread really interesting. I have not lost a pet yet...I hope it doesn't happen for a long long time but I know I would feel comforted by the fact if one of my beloved pets came to visit me after they were gone. I have read before that our pets are the first ones to greet us when we die, even before friends and family and that brings me much comfort to think of when my own time comes. Animals have souls too so I do believe they come to visit us or even hang around in spirit after they die.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Gemi 9966

Originally posted by gemini9961
    I find this thread really interesting. I have not lost a pet yet...I hope it doesn't happen for a long long time but I know I would feel comforted by the fact if one of my beloved pets came to visit me after they were gone. I have read before that our pets are the first ones to greet us when we die, even before friends and family and that brings me much comfort to think of when my own time comes. Animals have souls too so I do believe they come to visit us or even hang around in spirit after they die.
    I believe you're right that are pets greet us when we die. Makes sense to me,
    Sandy Frost

I still sometimes get cuddles from Vinnie, and he died 11 years ago. He was very special too me, as he came to me (was a homeless kitty) when I needed him the most. I also sometimes have the same dream about all the kitties that have gone to Rainbow Bridge... it's night, and it's in a room, but the room is the beach, with a calm blackk sea... it's warm, and peaceful, and the kitties come walking up from the sea, one by one to greet me... The dream leaves me feeling happy and content when I wake up, even though it normally makes me cry in my sleep. I still haven't dreamt of Loke, a kitty we once had that disappeared, so I still believe he's alive!

Sylvie, KS' mom
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

My mercedes left this world Oct 31 03 and I swear I hear her sometimes...especially when I drink coffee on the sun porch. Up until I got Gracie I sometime would think I felt her nose on my heels..she took every step I took..alternating from heel to heel with her nose..and what is strange is now Gracie does the same thing!

Now that you say that

It was amazing that people experience different things. I remember the day after I had to make that call for my cat Pricilla she was a talker. I heard a cat meow much like my little Pricilla always would but both of my other cats were fast to sleep. It was so strange I chalked it up to me just being really lonesome. But I was home alone all by myself and now that I think about it she couldn't have picked a better time

*I've been Boo'd*

Right after I had to send Leroy to the RB, I would feel a cat jump on the bed behind me. The mattress would even sag. No cat was there though. I think it was Leroy visiting. He was a hefty boy and made the mattress sag just in that way.

When I die, the humans waiting for me will just have to wait until I hug all my pets!
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

Ah, thats so sweet!

I had that happen to me too. I was only 9 years old, but my Tiny passed away the day after Christmas. I was devastated. He slept in my crib with me from the day I came home from the hospital. We were two peas in a pod. I continually saw him outside my bedroom door looking in to check up on me.

We moved out of Grandmom's house when I was 10, but every time I came to visit and spent the night, I always saw Tiny there looking in. I still miss that boy, all these years later. I sure wish he'd come visit me every so often now. Do you think they could come visit in a new house?

Oh boy, now there are tears in my eyes.

Originally posted by catnapper
    Ah, thats so sweet!

I had that happen to me too. I was only 9 years old, but my Tiny passed away the day after Christmas. I was devastated. He slept in my crib with me from the day I came home from the hospital. We were two peas in a pod. I continually saw him outside my bedroom door looking in to check up on me.

We moved out of Grandmom's house when I was 10, but every time I came to visit and spent the night, I always saw Tiny there looking in. I still miss that boy, all these years later. I sure wish he'd come visit me every so often now. Do you think they could come visit in a new house?

Oh boy, now there are tears in my eyes.
    I think where ever you are, they can be also.
    I personally think they are with us most of the time, we just can't see them or feel them unless the conditions are right.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    MY BLESSINGS:
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!

I have moved a couple of times since my Mytsi passed over and she has followed me everywhere. I don't know if it because I have her ashes with me or just because she wants me to know she is always there with me.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

" I have read before that our pets are the first ones to greet us when we die, even before friends and family and that brings me much comfort"

I don't mean to sound morbid, but I'm undergoing major surgery Monday morning, so I've been reflecting on the possibility that this could be it - and the thought that made me happiest was that I would get to be with my Rosie again! (And my mom, of course )
    (And I don't really expect anything bad to happen tomorrow, but you know how it is, those little thoughts creep in!)