Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: dog lovers talk

dog lovers talk

All you pet lovers out there... well i should say all you dog lovers. Anyway, how many of you DOG lovers have more then one dog?? I have 5 dogs. Names johnny, bear, lil-bitty, lucy, and Bandit. I want to know your dogs or puppies names and their stories ill tell you my doggys stories. Johnny:is a blue healer and he was with his mom and they were walking and we caught him but his momma ran away. Bear:is a half lab half chow with silver eyes people were giving him away at atwoods so we got him. Littlebitty:is a chiuahuah we got her from an old ladie and it was my christmas present. Lucy:is also a chiuahuah we found her in lucy park and tried to find her owner but nobody claimed her so we kept her and last but not least is bandit. Bandit:is a rotweiler he was about to be put down and we rescued him. Hes a sweetie and loves sausage buiscuits. ok lets hear your stories send me more info.
    Love,
    DogsRule1992

i have a yorkie named joey who just turned 3 and a pomeranian named todd whos 8
    * Yorkie Luva *
    ~~~Mary

well i g2g byez
    * Yorkie Luva *
    ~~~Mary

Well, I have Jesse: Jes is 4 years old and we found her add in the news paper (we had been looking for an ESS for a long time) so we adopted her!
    My family has Sammy: Sammy is a Bichon Frise who is 9 years old. She was seen in a Pet Store and was all alone. My mom fell for her face and she came home with us!

Steph and Jes

I have a Polar Husky. Her name's Fuji. She's been on really cool expeditions with Polar Explorers in Canada and Alaska, pulling sleds that are twelve feet long weighing 1,200 to like 1,400 pounds. Her position was point. She's six and was retired and given to our family. She's the BEST!!
    Then we have Tucker our Golden Retriever. He's also just a sweetie. He's been on DOTD. He'll already be 9 in February. We got him from some people that live a few miles away from us.

I have a Golden Retriever: Molly... She was gotten from a breeder in Corpus Christi. She is REALLY sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly. She is 4hrs old and is going to turn 5 in September. For pictures go to: http://photobucket.com/albums/a7/wol...%20pics/Molly/

Astra is a Siberian Husky mix. She was gotten from a breeder in San antonio. We thought she was a pure husky but then she hardly grew and is now 17in tall. She is very cute, white with blue eyes. She always kills bugs and lizards outside. (and a mouse or two) She is two years old and is going to turn 3 next april. For pics go to:http://photobucket.com/albums/a7/wol...%20pics/Astra/

Prince is a chihuahua mix. He was gotten from a lady here in Harlingen. He has a long sad story so I'm going to shorten it. He was bought by two people thinking he was a purebred chi. They found out he wasn't and sold him. When we got to the house he was in a kennel outside with a little house with hay and a water bowl. It was really sad. He is now a fat spoiled little boy. His original name was taco bell so we wanted to change it. Our next door neibor had two chis named king and queen so we named him prince. He just turned 5 in Feburary. http://photobucket.com/albums/a7/wol...20pics/Prince/
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

i have 2 (that live in my house)the other 2 live at some1 elses house ive been walking them for 7 years so i treat them like mine i take them for a walk then come back to my house let the dogs in and all 4 dogs play together,
    my first dog that lives in my house is rockee who is 11 and is supposed to be a german sheperd/black lab but i think shes got some pit bull in her we got her from animal aid when she was about 2 months old we tried to get her pregnant once before she got fixed but it was a false pregnancy, the vet then said if we were planning on keeping a puppy then to go out and get a puppy for her, so that brings us to the story of thunder who is a german sheperd/golden retriver mix who we got when he was 8 weeks old from a pet shop he was brought home on my mums birthday november 2nd and is now 10

now onto the dogs that arent mine
    first is roxy a purebred yellow lab, she was like the twin of my dog rockee they had matching everything and they were both fat and both loved to play fetch only one thing you'd think theyd be best freinds...well they hated each other they would attack each other but 5 years after i started walking her , her real owners decided to get rid of her because it was costing too much to hire a baby sitter to let her out , so they gave her to some1 who owned a farm.

then there was hali a maltese mix who they got from a pet store they got her while they had roxy they got her about 2 years after i started walking roxy , i had just lost one of my costumers due to them moving, so they got a puppy for me to walk i fell in love with her right away she was so small and fluffy and was so obedient she walk off the leash with me and follows me every where and when i go to get her she pees cause shes so excited

then theres chealsea a mix dog of wich i dont know, she was a cute puppy but grew up to be a kinda ugly dog but i love her just the same, she was a replacment for roxy and is a annoying dog who barks all the time lol but shes still a cutie

and thats about it for now
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

I have 5 dogs

Marty: a 1 year old Miniature Daschund. We got him last August in Texas when we were visiting adopted sister's dad, he wanted to get her a present so he got her a dog. It's very sad though because Marty doesn't like Savannah at all and she's extremely upset about it, she's only 9 years old. But we're working on that and hopefully they will get along soon.

Alex: a 2 year old Miniature Poodle. We got him in November from a puppy mill. The guy was moving and had to get rid of all his dogs, he gave us I think 6-7 poodles and we found them homes, except for Alex he was just to weird to place in a home with someone else. For the first year of his life he lived in a dog cage and with no humane contact, so when we got him he was basically a feral dog. He has grown to love most of our family(My mom, my twin, and little sister, he tolerates my older sister and 3 nieces, mainly he ignores them unless they have one of his toys or food) and likes 2 of my friends, but he hates men except my dad!

Maggie: a 4 year old Doberman Pinscher. We got her from a backyard breeder. She was given to us because the breeder owed my dad some money for a job he did(My dad does Tree Service and Landscaping). The guy was nice and took care of his dogs, his only faults we're he didn't screen the people and he bred for money. She's my baby and I don't know what I would do with out her!

Mandi: a 3 year old Doberman Pinscher. We got her on July 13th(I've made it her official birthday!), she came from the Humane Society, we rescued her because she was going to get put to sleep for being Heartworm Positive(she's going in for treatment tomorrow, paws crossed she'll be ok!). Her story is she was kept in a barn for 2 years and had 2 litters of mutt puppies(her second litter was at the Humane Society with her, they were sooo adorable!). For the 1st year She lived with the guy's daughter who housetrained her, taught her to sit, lay down, and shake. I don't know why she gave Mandi to him, he didn't take care of her at all! The humane society told us that by the time he left everyone wanted to kick his butt!

Shaggy: a 1 year old German Shepherd Mix. We got him from my Great Aunt, she flat out told us that she wasn't taking care of him and didn't want him anymore, so we took him. We were going to take him to the pound but they we're full and said they would just euthenize him if we left him, so we kept him.

My Honorary Dogs:

Precious: a Bordor Collie, Newfoundland Mix(my guessing). She lives down the street from me and is an extremely sweet girl, I don't know how old she is but my guess is she is around 5-8 years old. The guy who owns her is really old but pretty nice, he doesn't know me but he knows my dad so he doesn't mind if I go into his yard to visit Precious, usually since she has such long hair I bring my dog brush and sit there brushing her.

Bruno: an American Pit Bull Terrier Mix. He lives down the alley from me, he lives full time outside in a dog kennel but in the mornings has run of the backyard before the guy goes to work, Bruno is a total sweetie!! I love going to visit him, such a good boy, I don't know the owners of him but they've seen me messing with him before(along with other dogs) so they don't really mind, I'm refered to as te girl with the leash or the girl with the dobermans by a lot of people in my neighborhood and most people know enough that I wouldn't hurt their dogs or cats.

Charley a.k.a. Maggie's Boyfriend: Collie Mix. He is my neighbors dog and I usually bring him over to place with Maggie, sadly Mandi hates him and Charley hates Shaggy so the only time Charley gets to spend with Maggie now is when I take him on walks with Maggie or if I put Mandi and Shaggy in the house so Charley can come over. He's a total sweetheart as well.

edit: forgot my new foster dog, We are getting a Pregnant Saint Bernard named Kahula who is 2-3 years old, her pups will be Newfoundland Saint Bernard Mixes. We are trying to figure out a way to get her up to us from Virginia right now.
    "To all the dogs I've loved before...Who traveled in & out my door...I'm glad you came along...I dedicate this song to all the dogs I've loved before"

I love and always have loved dogs and spend most of my time reading or researching and learning about dogs. I really want to show dogs. I have a mutt named Niño. He is a terrier mix.

Niño & Eliza

SHIH TZU

Hi There,
    I am a brand new member and am trying to post a general ad for a new puppy. If you have a little patience I will back track a little.
    Last May ( a few days before my b'day) I took our 10 year old shih tzu Chelsie to a new groomers because the one she usually went to was booked for 3 more weeks, so I took her to a new groomer that morning and by 12:30 that night she died in my arms. MSU determined the shock of going somewhere new was probably overwhelming to her and they did find that she had a heart disease that we did not know about that was the reason the "new place" was too much for her.
    So after some time, we decided to get another shih tzu whom we brought home on 8-14-05 (from a backyard breeder) We named her Maggie. The most serious cutest thing I have ever laid eyes on. After sometime of getting to know her, we found she had bathroon problems. So on our vets referral we took her to MSU Internal Medicine on 9-9-05. They found she had a very rare birth defect with no sphinxster muscle and her insides were twisted so badly that we had to put her to sleep. She died in my arms.
    Needless to say we have a very heavy heart. I have been trying to call the seller to let her know and she has not returned my calls. Ya think she knew???
    We have a beautiful home with so much love to give. Does anyone know of anyone who has shih tzu pups that wants lots and lots of love and spoiling??? We live in Lansing. Sure do hope I hear from someone out there who can lead me to our new loved one.
    Thank you for taking the time to listen to my tail of woe. Hope to hear from someone soon!
    Sincerely,
    Mary Anne
    [email protected]
    Mary Anne

I live in East Lansing and honestly I don't know of any shih tsu pups for sale. Personally I would adopt from a shelter or rescue.

I have two dogs and their names are Gizmo and Clyde. My parents got Gizmo one year befor i was born! She is now 12 years old and not doing so well but we keep feeding her good and and we aren't suppose to let her jump ut to our beds but she does anyway!Oh and she is a peekaneese (i think that is how you spell it!) poodle! She is sooooo cute!! and Clyde is not even one yet and he is a yellow lab.We got him from one of my parents' friends and he had his shots and everything! so we were very lucky! we used to have two other dogfs to but one died and we gave the other one away because he always had little accidents around the house and we got really sick of it!!!!!
    well the one whoe died, his name was Ozzy and he got hypothermia twice and died last winter. and the other dog was named Scooby-Doo Buttercup but we called him Scooby. and he was a min-pin. we named him Scooby because if his colors were switched around then he would look just like scooby-doo but anyways we got him from a dog rescuer and he found him in a corn feild. and just think this dog was like as tall as my ankle!!!
    i mean he was tiny! well i gotta go byebye please write concerning this!!

I have 4 dogs. I am getting another.

I have 5 dogs personally and 2 dogs that are not mine but practicly mine lol

Happy is a nearly 5 year old border collie I got from a breeder when she was 10 weeks old, the breeder decided she would never be a flyball dog but would make a great agility dog, and also desided she would never be able to herd, apperntly she really dislikes her breeder because she is an awsome flyball dog, an awsome herding dog and so so at agility she does not like it much lol she is my baby, extremly smart and fast and versitile she LOVES kids and people yet not to the extremes of a retriever, she is just as happy bringing in the sheep as she is fast asleep curled up around a babys head, she is however fear aggressive with strange dogs, but this is pretty mjuch her only fault lol

Misty is a nerly 3 year old border collie I got from a sorta breeder, she is actually a cattle rancher and breeds paints and quater horses, she uses her BCs to work the cattle, after seeing her dog work the breeders cousin wanted a few pups from her dog and his which also worked cattle, so she was bred once and then spayed, and there is Misty lol she is a split face and as such the breeder was not sure anyone would want her, but we fell in love with her and she is a total doll, she can work sheep, not sure she would ever be able to work cattle though lol she is to skittish of scary things, although she does get over it fast.

Perky is my moms mix? from the shelter, she is a musical freestyle dog and a top notch princess lol she is around 6-7 years old likley turning 7 this year, we hold her birthday on october 1st. Perky was dumped several times after being adopted the "owners" insisted that she kepts running away, this I find hard to believe..Perky? run away? we cant get ride of her! lol we TRY to take her to parks to run and play but she wont budge from our sides

Ripley is also my moms mix adopted from the shelter, he is a small black 4 year old boy, and the ever so important flyball height dog, he is also super cute and lovey.

Blair is my moms pyr shep, he was given to us as a placemnt from Happys breeder, as he has many problems as a pup and she thought he might do well on the raw diet we feed, plus though he would be a good freetyle dog from the kids of things he was doing as a pup lol so my mom was the perfect choice, he is such a sweetheart and super cute , he is now 2 years old an impossable colour(blue merle over top of brindle but neither is dominant-they both show up) she is working on flyball and is an agility dog.

Shadow used to be my dog but now belongs to my best friends family, she is 9 years old and a wonderful gaurd dog and sweety, very loyal and loveing and an unbelivably good judge of character, when she was with us we learned that if she was not worried about a person near the house or at the door, then there is no need to worry but if she does not trust someone she will let out a low growl, we learned early on that if she does that then do NOT trust that person, that last time we ignored her we ended up with a bunch of stuff stolen by a seemingly nice looking kid

Dakota is shadows new brother, he is a very large very annoying golden retriever who does not get anywhere close to enugh exersize...actually I think he has been for about 10 walks in his 5 years and they were all either given by me or initated by me, I feel bad for him.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

I have 3

Cheyanne is a Whippet mix We got her at the Shelter I was'nt planning on getting a dog i like to visit there and give all of them some attention and toys well they where cleaning her cage and i was patting her and the lady asked if i could hold her so she could put down some pappers well sure enough i held her and she gave me kisses and then put her head on my shoulder and started to go to sleep well about 30 mins later i was on my way home with her
    I put her next to my Husband in bed and that's how he found out we had a puppy He was about to say Lori what they hell are you doing .then as she kissed him it quickly turned to awww she's kissing me Well that was 4 yrs ago and she's still the queen of the house

Next-

Aspen is a cattledog/terriermix well we got him from a shelter well acally he was in a foster home in connicutt i was looking on petfinder and there he was We just lost Denver and was looking for another Brother for Cheyanne i was looking for a Basenji but with no luck i started to look on pet finder and sure enough he popped out We went to Conn. that weekend and she loved him so that's how he became our family member.
    Next -

Phoenix he's a Basenji we had called around to breeders before we got Aspen and no luck in finding a Basenji pup well a week after we got Aspen one breeder called and said She had one that needed a home ASAP because the people did'nt have time for him he was in his crate for 12-14 hrs a day we where going to say no because we just got Aspen but something was telling me to go see him {i think it was Denver} we went to see him that weekend and came home with him.

Now that Completes our Family.