Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does this annoy you?

Does this annoy you?

Have any of you ever noticed that there are a lot of people who join Pet Talk, but are never actually on? It annoys me and angers me! If you join something, stay with it...

furrykidsmother mom is an exception, she lurks around Pet Talk, so that is fine with me...Do any of you know anyone who lurks, but never posts? If you do, please share with us..

Steph and Jes

It doesn't bother me. Sometimes people have good intentions, but then something happens and all. I don't know. I guess I do the same thing sometimes. It's hard to keep up with a lot of forums though.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

It does not bother me either, It certainly does not anger me at all, each to their own, if people choose to stay or lurk it is entirely up to them, I have no problem with it either way.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Ehh, I guess you're going to be angry with me, then. I'm part of many boards, many of which are filled with intelligent people who've already addressed the issues that I see are important. Therefore, I rarely post on many of those boards and am considered lurker-ish See, the thing is, just like the world, the forums are so wide that I prefer to wait in the shadows until I see something that urges me to post. (Hence, my pitiful number of posts. What is it? Like looming towards 500 or something?) Instead of being angry, just think "It's their loss".

Edit to add: Hey, I'm actually doing pretty good! 600-something :-P

No. It doesn't annoy me, or bother me at all. In fact, I can't even understand how this could upset or anger someone. I'm not a lurker on this site...obviously...but I am on some others. People don't always have time to post on every site they join. Some may not want to. Its a personal choice........nothing that I feel 'should' anger or upset anyone else.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Nope, doesn't annoy me or make me angry. In fact, I've never noticed that some people do that. I'm sure they have their reasons.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I don't think people do that to be mean or rude...sometimes life gets in the way of things like forums.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Nope - doesn't bother me at all....
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

I think you'll find most forums have more lurkers than posters, some people just like to read.

Doesn't bother me...lurk away!
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

I am mostly a lurker because 1. I don't really have much time to read through all the posts, and have even less time to actually post and 2. everyone's got their little groups that they are friends with and I am not a part of anyone's circle of friends. But I understand that it's my choice to post or not and to be a loner, but I don't think that it would really bother someone if I just lurked most of the time.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

If I had to try to keep up with any more names and who belonged to whom, my head would be spinning! LOL!!!! I agree with you on one point you made, though. Why join up if you're not going to post, when you can read all day without joining? That's the only part that I always wonder about on some of the sites I visit, but I don't get angry about it at all. The way I see it, it's their loss!

To be honest I would rather people just lurk if they don't have something to contribute. I read more threads than those that I post to, and that is because I don't think I can bring anything to that thread. I think we have all read posts where we would have preferred the person who posted to have just lurked.

lurking

I admit I am a lurker, the main reason I like this group, is I love the pictures of every ones babies. Sorry if I bother anyone. Joann

Doesn't bother me...in fact I have joined forums that I lurked in for a while just to ask a question (well I only did that once). After that one question I never posted again. I never actually thought that would bother someone...here I post sometimes, but I keep pt on my computer all day while I'm at work, and just flip over when I have a few minutes to look around or post. Hope that doesn't bother anyone!