Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter Discussion Thread. Spoiler Alert.

Harry Potter Discussion Thread. Spoiler Alert.

I will make this as nobody else has. I'm really gahhing right now but anyway, I'll just start this up so I can see other people's opinions too.

Please don't read this and then get mad that you have read something you regret. This is your warning.

Let the discussion begin.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Okkkkkkkk. Room of Requirement. "I need a place to hide this book". A BIG room opens up with hidden objects. Am I not the only one who thought it was TOTALLY obvious that a Horcrux would be hidden in there? I mean...doesn't it just scream right out at you.......OBVIOUS.

And R.A.B. Regulas Black? That ponders me.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Also, I think the way Dumbledore went was bad. It's like this.

I LOVE certain parts of this book. Overall, I guess I liked it. But there were a lot of parts I WAS NOT PLEASED ABOUT.

Ok, so I get the whole "Malfoy is 16, and can't kill" but why have Snape just walk on in and finish him off? Couldn't there have been a DUEL of some sort? I would have much rather had Dumbledore duelling one of the strongest death eaters, and Snape coming in yelling "NO! ITS NOT YOUR JOB!" or something, and then Dumbledore get distracted and Snape kill him, or for a few minutes, duel, but Dumbledore was already weakened. Would that not mad more sense? I think so.

Aslo, is Snape REALLY bad? I think so. But I am very DISSATISFIED with the reason Dumbledore trusted him so much. I mean, come on. Wow. He felt remorse. There HAS to be more than that. "I trust Severus very much" . "I trust Professor Snape completely, as I've told you before" Blah blah blah and WHY? BECAUSE OF SOME STUPID REMORESEFUL LIE.

But honestly. Is Snape REALLY bad? Or did he only kill Dumbledore..because he HAD to? Maybe he knew Dumbledore would die eventually, or maybe JKR has some twisted plot that will show Snape actually being on the good side.

Why couldn't they have used the Time Turner to save Dumbledore?

I actually thought Dumbledore would go in the last book of the series, so having him get killed of now in this one came as a bit of a surprise. His faith in Snape was somewhat disconcerting, it does seem a little inconceivable.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Well, I heard someone would die in this book and my guess was Dumbledore. Well, I had a few guesses and he was the main one.

When they were talking about what Draco had to do, at the beginning of the book, at first I thought kill Harry, then I thought, no, that would be dumb. I then thought "Kill Dumbledore" and I thought that would go along with my theory on Dumbledore dyeing, especially since Snape gave the unbreakable vow.

I don't have too much to say as I just finished and haven't really let everything sink in yet.

As for the quick Snape/Dumbledore death scene, I can't help but wonder if maybe Dumbledore was actually pleading Snape to kill him. Now I'm not sure that I beleive it, but it would be a possibility for the next book. Since there was so much faith in Snape, maybe this was something Dumbledore had agreed to in order for things to happen in the future.

I also thought that R.A.B. could be Regulas Black, but I think that might be too obvious.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by MariaM
    Okkkkkkkk. Room of Requirement. "I need a place to hide this book". A BIG room opens up with hidden objects. Am I not the only one who thought it was TOTALLY obvious that a Horcrux would be hidden in there? I mean...doesn't it just scream right out at you.......OBVIOUS.

It's now 6am and I just finished the book

I was so surprised by it..OMG i don't even know what to say!!

I actually never thought that it would be in the room of requirment. It honestly never even crossed my mind that it would be in the castle

I'm not sure what R.A.B stands for. Regulas Black doesn't really seem to fit exactly...It just doesn't make much sense! But who knows!

I was surpirsed that Dumbeldore died, I too, thought he would die in the seventh book. The whole time I thought it would be Ron or Hermione who died!

I thought that Ron and Hermione weren't involved as much in this story. I wished the book didn't include so much about Ron and Hermione's fighting. I felt they worked as a team much more in the other books, in this one they were all seperated. I was really surprised that they didn't help out Harry at all.

Don't you remember when Harry, Ron, and Hermonie where talking to Hagrid about not taking his class,
    Hagrid said something about using the Time Turner so they could take his class, but Hermonie (I think)
    said that they had all been smashed when the fight at the Ministery (sp?) was going on, back in the 5th book.

I also couldn't beleive it when Snape killed Dumbledore, but I don't think it detraced from the book.
    My mom thought it ruined the book when Snape killed Dumbledore so quickly.
    Dogs!!!

Using multiple exclamation points is a sure sign of insanity!!!

Ok, I must have missed something. Which horcrux was hidden in the Room of Requirement? The only two destroyed were the ring and the diary.

The locket and cup are missing. Then one is something from Gryffindor or Ravenclaw and the snake (possibly),

A lot of people seem to think Harry or his scar is one of the horcruxes which is an interesting theory but I'm not sure about that. I mean, wouldn't Harry be more evil? Or at least more troubled?

Haha, maybe it's Neville.

Also, it seems very probable that RAB was Black because there was a bit about him having that locket that no one could open.

Well, even if they hadn't been destroyed, if they had used the Time Turner to save him it would have already happened and Dumbledore would never have died. Time's tricky like that.

What I find most unsatisfying about the books is how suddenly people die. In the last book I completely missed where Black died and had to reread that part. Even though Dumbledore's death was given much more focus, I still thought it felt very quick... not enough desciption or something.

I'm still very disappointed if Snape is actually evil. He's so much more interesting when he's good... But who knows? Maybe there'll be another twist!

Just finished the book. Jo has yet again surprised the world and left us talking. I thought some of the events though were like fanfiction!

Niņo & Eliza

I think Dumbledore had to die because he was the only one Voldemort feared, and now Harry will really have to face Voldemort on his own.

Maybe R.A.B. is Regulas Black. But I'm really not sure...

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

I sort of expected Dumbledore to die in this book, when I heard she was killing off another "main character". But I thought it was kind of... sudden? But anyway... Harry said, at the end of the book, "I'm not coming back even if it does reopen". does that mean that Hogwarts is closing? I think JK Rowling said the 7th book was going to be about him finding the rest of the horcruxes or something...I dunno.

Laura - I think that's a VERY good theory and I bet it's right. I mean, I suppose there's a 50/50 chance, but think about it. All this time, Dumbledore DID trust him. I'm sure that JKR has some twisted plot that makes him actually good. I wish they had more chapters in the book like the second chapter, I thought that was very good.

And about Regulas, JKR has said that she has left a couple mysteries at the end...but one should be pretty easy to figure out? Something like that. Anyway, I bet it is Black because of the locket that grybai mentioned.

Cagney Dog - I know what you mean about Hermione and Ron. It got on my nerves that they were fighting, what seemed, to be almost the whole book. Also, because they didn't help Harry much, or believe much of what he said, it made the book seemed as if Harry was focused on Draco the whole book, which resulted in not much...I mean, there was no twists. It was obvious that Draco was a death eater. The vanishing cabinet thing...I didn't really think it was that great of an idea.

And what WAS Draco doing in the Room of Requirement? I think I missed that part. I mean, he was always in there...doing what, fixing his cabinet? "I need a room to fix my cabinet". Well....would he even know how to do that?? I got confused as to what he was doing in there.

Grybai - I'm sorry, I didn't make me words clear enough. What I meant is, when Harry goes looking for more Horcrux's, don't you think one is obviously in that room? I'm thinking about it more..and maybe I don't think it's as true as when I first thought, but then again...it WOULD be a place to hide it.

As for Harry being a Horcrux. I mean...it COULD be possible. It would make sense, as I think Harry has to die in the end. But...then again, he has to kill Voldemort, and for him to kill Voldemort, Voldemort has to be mortal and then...it'd be weird because Harry would have to die if he was one of the Horcruxes.

I also forgot about the Time Turner's being destroyed. But...gah. It's weird. I wish that Dumbledore didn't die! And since he did...I mean, I hope he comes back or SOMEHOW is there at the end of the book, telling Harry he did a good job. I mean, Dumbledore needs to know that Harry finally accomplished it. I wish he could be alive though. I guess it's a neccessity that he is dead though. Maybe HE was a Horcrux? Haha. Not likely since Voldemort wanted him dead.

Devon - I don't think he will be at Hogwarts much. JKR has said that she doesn't leave too much to guess at the end of 6 and leaves a 'pretty clear view of what will happen next book' or something.

I'm disappointed though. There are so many things they didn't mention that I wish they had!

I mean, they didn't mention Hagrid much at ALL. I wish they visited him more or something...or just TALKED to him more. Something! He was missed.

Also, Hedwig was barely mentioned! We need to keep this being Harry Potter, and these are important things!

They barely mentioned their classes, especailly DADA. Wouldn't you think they would, especially as Snape being the teacher? I mean, it didn't even say why Dumbledore finally let him have the job, unless he was the only one that would do it. I don't know, but I didn't like it.

They didn't mention Quidditch much either. I'm pretty sure the last game of the whole series was the one where Luna commentated. And Harry had to go to the hospital wing, and never caught the snitch! Isn't that how it went? Well anyway, I completely disagree with that. After NO quidditch for year 4 and 5, we get, what was it, 2 games in the 6th? Not enough, especially since he was captain.

I think I'm missing the older books. I don't know.

YAY! Harry Potter!!!!

I finished it on the 17th (I read for about 10 hours straight on the 16th) My reaction when I finished it was just... wow. I kind of expected Dumbledore to die eventually, but the fact that Snape killed him was totally unexpected! I mean, I knew Snape wasn't a nice guy, but I didn't expect him to be like, well... murdering Dumbledore.

And I read an interview with JK, and she pretty much says that RAB is Regulus Black. (it's on mugglenet.com)

I think that Draco was fixing the cabinet the whole time in the Room of Requirement. Or maybe he fixed it sooner, and he had transported through it to Knockturn Alley and was doing stuff there?

Ooh, I like the idea that Harry is a Horcrux. I think that Harry is going to die at the end. I mean, if he doesn't, how can he possibly live a normal life after? It's like Frodo...

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!