Thread: Fish Tank in the making

Fish Tank in the making

Tonight me and my brother went over to his friend's house whgich his parents were getting rid of a fish tank (its like 15-20 gallons) And well we got it from them. The couldin't find the pump but when they do their going to call me. Al wee need to do is get a light bulb for it and of course the fishies! We cleaned it (it was FULL of algea) and we cleaned to rocks and put them in it, now we need to wait to get the pump then were going to put the water in and let it filter for a while.... we also have this water conditioner which kills chlorine and some stuff in the tap water that harm the fishies! i cant wait to get my fishies! Can anyone guess what im going to name one of them? hehehe

KayAnn,

Hey, that's really great news !! Hope you guys get
    the pump & everything soon. Sounds like such fun.
    Do you know what kind of fish you would like in the
    tank? As for the name, ahhh, it wouldn't start with
    an S would it ? LOL.

Well I *Really* want a black goldfish like i used to have, the ones with the puffy things by their eyes i forgot what their called.... were gunna be loking around i cant wwaaait!

Im not sure what im going to name all of them but im going to name one Nelly. I know that for sure. I want to name one Usher also, after my favorite R&B artist. Or either ill name them after the charactors in the lion king, like Sarabi Scar Mufasa Nala Kiara and so on i soooo cant wait! we will probably get the pump tommorow... its in their shed somewhere and they didnt have enough light because it was dark outisde so they have to wait until day time to find it! look out for pics!!

KayAnn,

It really sounds like you & your brother have a
    really great project going here. Also sounds like
    you guys have experience with fish and know
    everything that's needed... Would love to see pictures
    of the ones you get. Never heard of a Black goldfish,
    but then I don't know much about fish, just like to look
    at them. They are Beautiful creatures !!!

Yeah when i was little i had a little 2 gallon tank, i would sit there and stare at them for hours.. then we got a bigger one about 10 gallons i had "Puff Daddy" "Elmo" and "Pinky" for like 3 years!!! They were the longest lasting fish i had ever known. And the fishies were my first pet, and the only pet my parents would let me get. I had to work on them for YEARS to get a dog... almost my whole life!! And i showed them i was responsible by taking care of the neighbors doggies while they wre on vacation and stuff! i stil CANT wait!

Sim is interested in the fish tank.... first he was loking at it from the floor then he jumped on my bed to get a better look

i cant wwwaait

i say-- go for it! i used to have goldfish, and the last one i had(obviously) my mom was mopping or something and bumped into the fish bowl, and knocked it over. poor fishy is all cut up in the glass and cant breath--i gave her(i presume) a decent burial in her own compilmentary ziploc baggy. she was the only fishy we didnt send spiraling down the flusher...i never have been big on fish, though...it seems like all animals smaller than my toes cant survive in my house-- *sniff* i had mice too..but i better stop i might spoil your happy mood!and i have to show you this smiley--reminds me of mom when she's not sick(the java queen, the glint in those eyes in a predessor of her behavior 5 hours later after drinking 20oz. of Almond Amaretto...)

In memory of Rey's Rosebud (Rozye)
    April 26, 1990-April 26,2002
    Passed away in pain under the mercy of the needle because of severe colic.

Oh I wish you lived closer to me, I have everything you can possibly imagine to go in a fish tank. Pumps, lights, rocks, heaters, cleaners, plants, jewls, backdrops, homemade stuff to like rock caves and drift wood .............. Im giving it all away.

During the ice storm we had here in 98 we lost our power and so I had to collect all my fish in bowls and take them to my uncles house (he didn't have power either but he had a wood stove so it was warm at his house) but they all died. I just packed everything up and put it in the closet. I cleaned the other day and found it all. I still have a fish but its a betta and I got him a little plastic tank. I would have gladly givin everything to you.

Fish are so cool, your going to love them. They are so relaxing, after a hard day at school you'll enjoy watching them swim around so peacefully.
    ~~ My House Is Not A Home Without A Hound ~~

OH OH OH OHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! YES THE FISHIES WITH THE LITTLE THINGIES BY THEIR EYES...........................BUBBLE EYE GOLDFISH!! THAT'S IT! LOL, I did a report on them for school cuz we HAD to do an animal and I wanted a unique one. Hehehehe. Go to www.google.com (it's the best search engine!) and type in bubble eye goldfish for some pictures....so awesome! BUT, there can't be any sharp stuff in the tank to punture their bubbles. The other day I was in Petsmart and they had some Bubble eyes....soooooooooo cool! I also have had a goldfish (Bubbles) for 4 years now. She DID have a friend (Oscar) but he died then she got hungry and ate him. When I found him it was just a skeleton....pretty gross. I had my step-dad tank him out of the tank. LOL

i searched.. and this picture looks exaclty like Puff Daddy did! i miss him