Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surgery Thread

Surgery Thread

Seeing as how a lot of us have surgery coming up, I thought it would be nice to sort of have a misery loves company thread. Maybe it will help us with our nerves and all. I wasn't going to talk about mine at all here but a few others are having some near me so I figured, "Why not?" Mine is on August 1st and I will finally be rid of my years of pain and problems. I hope nothing jinxes me and it gets put off for some reason. If you don't feel like discussing a lot here(which I understand) feel free to pm me. We can all be miserable together. I'm trying to keep a good attitude about it because I know that's been proven to help in healing.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I hope yours goes well...and you recoup quick fast and in a hurry!
    Hugs to ya

I wish everyone the best of luck, for there upcoming surgeries! {{Hugs}} to everyone!

I am having surgery on July 28, on my hand. I broke it last August 16, and the nerves got pinched when it broke. They did surgery to set my arm, and everything went well. Then I was having numbness in my hand, and they did a nerve test to see what was wrong, the test turned out to read that my nerves where dying. They did Carpal Tunnel Surgery, but that didnt change anything, and things were still going down hill. So i went to 3 different doctors, finally ending up at Mayo Clinic, in Rochester, Minnesota. Dr. Moran, my doctor at Mayo, ran a few tests, and he said he could fix it. So they are going to have to move the two bones in my arm, and get out the nerves, and put a cushin around them, so the dont get pinched again... .

Best of luck to everyone else who is haveing surgery!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Good luck and well wishes to everybody in their surgeries. I am also getting surgery done, but not until October thankfully. That way, I can be off for a couple of weeks in the cold and won't have to drive. Haha. What I am getting done is for Carpal Tunnel and I haven't researched it. Hopefully all goes well and I will also find out what this whole thing is.

That sounds pretty serious. I hope they can fix it as they said they could. Good luck! You'll have to learn how to type with one hand so you can be here

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    That sounds pretty serious. I hope they can fix it as they said they could. Good luck! You'll have to learn how to type with one hand so you can be here
    Yeah, I hope so too!! I am getting pretty good at typing with one hand (thank goodness) I have had about 4-5 months worth of casts on my right hand in the last 11 months, so I am getting the hang of it I would litterally die if I couldnt type!!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Originally posted by Maria O
    Good luck and well wishes to everybody in their surgeries. I am also getting surgery done, but not until October thankfully. That way, I can be off for a couple of weeks in the cold and won't have to drive. Haha. What I am getting done is for Carpal Tunnel and I haven't researched it. Hopefully all goes well and I will also find out what this whole thing is.
    I had Carpal Tunnel Surgery too, and so did my mom, and a few other people I know. For everyone that I know that has had it, it hasnt made a bit of difference. I hope things are different in your case, and I hope everything goes well, and you have a speedy recovery!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-

HaHaHa, DukeDog'sMom, I was just thinking "misery loves company" when you answered on my surgery thread. Mine is on July 25th, which didn't seem so close a while ago. Although it's a common procedure, millions of women have gone thru it, it's the first "major surgery" I've ever had to have. I made a "living will" and did all that legal stuff (DPA) -- and had to name two people who I'd trust to make the right decision just in case I can't... makes you think! This all seems important to take care of, after we all suffered along with Terri Shivo's family earlier this year.
    I am nervous as can be today (cause I had to go for tests), but by tomorrow, I'll probably be fine.

I have a book, "Take This Book To the Hospital With You" that I'd be happy to send if anyone wants it.

When I had my hysterectomy, I read it. It's a great book and tells you what to expect and what questions to ask.

Let me know if you guys are interested in it.

Good luck everyone with your surgeries.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Good luck to everyone! I'm not miserable right now, but, I love company. I'm not having surgery anytime soon (at least not planned!), but, Finn's recovering well from his. I hope everyone comes through with flying colors!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Awww! Great idea!

Another tip...a good attitude not only helps you heal, but it attracts NICE nurses that WANT to be around to help you.

Good luck to everyone. I'm actually excited for my surgery. I'm so SICK of feeling like this. My doctors and surgeon all feel I'll be "better than new" after I heal! YAY!!

I wish you all luck with yours. ((((((hugs))))))
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

NoahsMommy, I feel the same as you! I can't wait to be feeling better. I have a good outlook on mine. The only thing I'm kind of dreading is waking up right after and then the next few days. I'm thinking if I can get past that, then it'll be ok. Of course I'll have to stay at least one night(I hope not more!) I'm going to miss my Duke dog terribly.

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

Another tip...a good attitude not only helps you heal, but it attracts NICE nurses that WANT to be around to help you.
    Thanks for the reminder!
    I've not been having a great attitude lately, I'll work on it.

What a great thread, Val! I had no clue there were so many SirJurys going on! I certainly can relate since I'm still recovering from mine. The first few days are always the worse, but it does get better. Walking is the key, regardless of the discomfort because you have to get blood flowing. I agree with Kelly. For once I was as quiet as a church mouse and had the nurses eating out of my hand. They said they were sorry to see me leave. I guess cause I didn't bother them. They really do work hard and it's not easy. Everyone will be in my prayers for speedy recovers and painless, normal futures. I still have the utmost regard and confidence in medical science. Val..Ok if I call you?

I've been Boooo'd!

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    NoahsMommy, I feel the same as you! I can't wait to be feeling better. I have a good outlook on mine. The only thing I'm kind of dreading is waking up right after and then the next few days.
    Are you worried about this because of the pain? If so, ask your doctor for a PCA (I think that's what its called)...its the pain pump where you can give yourself pain medicine when YOU need it. That way, you determine how much pain, if any, you'll be in.

I wish you lots of luck, health and healing.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...