View Poll Results: How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • In high school/college

15 22.39%
  • On the job

11 16.42%
  • Fixed up by a friend/blind date

2 2.99%
  • Online dating

6 8.96%
  • Other

33 49.25%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your spouse/significant other?

Justin and I met our sophomore year in high school. We went out and did thing together but we didn't start dating exclusively until our junior year. We got married two months after we graduated. We just celebrated our fifth anniversary this past sunday.

Originally posted by ramanth
    We're geeks.
    Yep, you're geeks, but so is my husband. I tease him all the time, telling him he's a geek. He reads/collects comic books and goes to comic book conventions. Heehee, I love my geek!
    (Oh, and he plays VS. too )
    - Kari
    skin kids- Nathan, Topher, & Lilla

I met Dereck at a pub. /he asked me to dance and i said no the firts time, then he asked me again i told him i had a boyfriend, so he walked away pretty disappointed. But then he came back and asked again...So i said sure.
    And then we started to notice eachother at events(k-days and the street performers) and he gave me his number and i called him.

It'll be three years this saturday!

At a former friend's birthday party. It was back in my partying days and I was extremely intoxicated and someone told me to stay away from him. I just had to find out why! Never did. We saw each other for a couple weeks and then just kinda stopped talking for no apparent reason. A year later, I walked into another party and there he was. We've been together ever since. We had our 6th wedding anniversary in May 2005.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

I first met my boyfriend, Josh, in elementary school.. he moved away and I never saw him again...

Last summer I was meeting my friend's boyfriend, robbie, at a park in a near by town, and I was talking with one of his friends who kept smiling, laughing and seemed a little flirty, he said that he has moved many times in his life, and I said I have never moved..
    He told me he went to 13 different schools, and I said I had only been to two... one of them had 100 kids Kindergarden through 8th Grade.. and he asked if it was Lynd Public School.. and I said yes. We sat and recalled the days when we both attended. Then a year and a half later after being very close friends, he asked me out.

Originally posted by Glacier
    At a former friend's birthday party. It was back in my partying days and I was extremely intoxicated and someone told me to stay away from him. I just had to find out why! Never did. We saw each other for a couple weeks and then just kinda stopped talking for no apparent reason. A year later, I walked into another party and there he was. We've been together ever since. We had our 6th wedding anniversary in May 2005.
    I got the same advice about John lol. Three of my friends told me that he was a real creep...then I found out they were all his Exs friends too

Of course them telling me to stay away only encuraged me to do the opposite

I met my Chris while working on the cruise ships.

I shook his hand at breakfast in the crew mess. I'll always remember, he had a suit coat on. (the crew side of the ship is ultra casual, people walking around in slippers)

Well, it took a while to start dating. He's 10 yrs younger than me. But, we got along SO well.

We've been married 7 1/2 yrs now.

Interesting, we can never go back to the place we met, I'm sure it's a cut up barge in Bangledesh by now.

*Living with the Hillbillies* Southern West Virginia
    Rob and I met through my parents actually. My parents had a house up for sale, and one of Rob's friends told Rob about the place. I first saw him March of 98' I hardly even spoke to him and was already in love with him.

Well in July of 98' I finally got up the nerve to write him a letter and leave it for him. I told him how much I liked him and all. After that I went and met with him and he told me he liked me also.

We didn't have our first date until around October, we went to a Halloween party that a friend of mine was having. That was the night he first told me he loved me.

We will be married for 6 years in September.
    ~Tina~

Originally posted by crsvstang
    Rob and I met through my parents actually. My parents had a house up for sale, and one of Rob's friends told Rob about the place. I first saw him March of 98' I hardly even spoke to him and was already in love with him.

Well in July of 98' I finally got up the nerve to write him a letter and leave it for him. I told him how much I liked him and all. After that I went and met with him and he told me he liked me also.

We didn't have our first date until around October, we went to a Halloween party that a friend of mine was having. That was the night he first told me he loved me.

We will be married for 6 years in September.
    That is so sweet!

Laura (Uabassoon) and I met through a University of Arizona community on livejournal. We're both geeks so meeting online seems appropriate. Although I had seen pictures of her, I was still surprised when I met her because she was much shorter than I thought she would be! I must've looked like a giant- I'm 5'9" and she's barely 5'1"!

10. When Don and I meet we were working together. We were both in other relationships and even went on a company trip with our others.

A year later, another company trip, both of us alone.....and good friends by then...

that was 10 years ago this past February.

AJ and i met at work 2 or so years ago. we were shy at first, but then we became friends. we had that mystery period where we were friends/dating.

JUST AN ANNOUNCEMENT: our 1 1/2 year anniversary is in 3 weeks. (i know it sounds insignificant, but its important to me!)

Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

Well I met my best friend whom I guess would count as a "significant other" Roland when I was 2 years old (lol) at a birthday party, so we've known each other for 16 years. We've been very close all our lives and I've always had very strong feelings for him... not sure if the feeling is mutual, but he just invited me to go camping with him next week... so who knows, maybe sparks will fly someday? *Sigh*

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

I met my husband when I went to a friend's house for an aura-reading party (weird, eh?) I evesdropped on his reading & thought he sounded interesting. Then we just kept bumping into each other at different places around town. We were just friends. Eventually people started asking us how long we'd been married......then it kind of dawned on us that maybe we should go out together-- a couple years later we got married, and now we've been married 9 years.

I ticked other, I met my husband through my son, he used to play with the boy two doors down, I was picking up my son from playing when I was introduced to Steve, I was not really that interested, being a social phobic and really a bit of a hermit, I never went out much, and I was always getting told you will never meet anyone doing that, I proved them all wrong, however I was asked to come out with the wife and hubby next door, as he played in a band, un-beknown to me they were trying to hitch me up with the Drummer Rob who was a cutie, but I was not interested in him, I only went out because I thought Steve was going to be there, only to find out he was babysitting his brother's kids instead, however to cut a long story short , Steve paid me some rather nice compliments, walked me back to my house and the rest is history, shy as I am I plucked up the courage to invite him around for a coffee, three months later we were married.and have been together 14 years this August the 4TH.
    Last edited by carole; 07-20-2005 at 08:58 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I was on my way home from Sioux Falls, SD with a coworker & we stopped in the small town she had grown up in, so get something to drink at a convenience store. He was there, filthy head to toe because he had been helping someone bale hay. He called her a few days later to ask about "the girl in the blue camero" lol...The rest is pretty much history, altho when he called me, I had no idea what this guy looked like that I was accepting a date with! rotfl

Thanks vinjashira for the siggy