Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What is a Pet Talker???

clean your litter box because you are busy......or because you forgot.............

Gee, and all this time I thought it was Rascal, Annie and Emma's pee biscuits I was cleaning.....
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

I couldn't even read page three yet because I'm in tears already.

PTers are amazing...by far THE BEST friends/family I've ever had in my life. I LOVE my friends here so darn much....the very thought of Tonya, Stace, Slick and Laurie leaving me has me crying like a baby.

A Pet Talker will....

Listen to me cry...for hours on end. Just listening and telling me I'm wonderful.

Call me and email me in the hospital...just because they care.

Call me, email me and PM me when they don't hear from me after 24 hours to make sure I'm OK.

Talk to me about the most "embarressing" things on earth....until 3:00 a.m.....in three seperate time zones.

Clean my bath tub and shower for me, because she knows I can't do it without pain. (((((((hugs)))))))

Send me care packages, because they care.

Listen to me...whenever I need it. Send me love...whenever I need it. Pray for me, whenever I need it.

Will understand when my cat pee's on the gift she JUST gave me!!! (PEE PEE!!!! )

Will offer to make me special food....or make me special food. (((hugs)))

Listen to me cry and complain that I LOATHE what the prednisone has done to my body. And when I say I'm fat and heddious, they say I'm gorgeous and they love me anyway!

Offer constant support...and are there for me to give my support as well.

Will start threads or prayer chains....or put prayers in signatures....when we are too sick, scared, worried, concerned to do it ourselves.

A Pet Talker is a TRUE friend, that really cares.

OK...time to STOP crying.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Mine will be short - tho sincere- b/c my plane leaves in a few hours to head back to the real world......

A Pet Talker will do what they all have stated before me.
    A Pet Talker will pick you up at the airport - sight unseen and allow another Pet Talker to stay with them.

Get up at the a$$crack of dawn to take another Pet Talker to the airport.

Give you a signed autographed picture of their cat for YOUR cat's pin up and make special requested salsa...

So much more to say..

A PET TALKER will sob their heart out no matter what their makeup ends up looking like just because you are saying good bye and going back to what brought you together in the first place.........
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by shais_mom

A Pet Talker will pick you up at the airport - sight unseen and allow another Pet Talker to stay with them.

.... and it will be as if you were friends since you were 5 years old .

A Pet Talker will understand that your cat has a girlfriend on a different continent

Originally posted by slick

Gee, and all this time I thought it was Rascal, Annie and Emma's pee biscuits I was cleaning.....

Oh my Slick, now I have icetea all over my new screen

I just LOVE this thread!! It is ALL SOO TRUE!!!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Originally posted by Barbara
    .... and it will be as if you were friends since you were 5 years old .
    Yep! And even their family feels like your family.

Only a PT'er would understand the significance of putting a bundle of fur from each pet into cards or letters, or having them "sign their name" or make a paw print.

Only a PT'er would understand why there's so much fur on the couch, floor, everywhere.

Only a PT'er would give up their seat at another PT'ers home if their dog/cat/what have you chooses it.

Only a PT'er would understand the "value" of keeping their dogs "first collar", "first bandana", etc..

Only a PT'er would take a picture of all of my dog's (tennis) balls and get a chuckle out of it.

There's so much more. I'm so happy I've gotten to meet some of the people I have but wish I lived closer to them. Even if you haven't met the PT'er in person before, the first time you do it seems like you've known them for quite a while. I'm able to tell some of my best friends, and yes, my best friends are PT'ers, stuff i'd never be able to tell my parents, or feel comfortable telling anyone else.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

A PTer will make you feel like part of a huge and loving family from the first day you meet
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Oh dear.

Even I have leaky eye syndrome!

A Pet Talker understands.

A Pet Talker can stare at their sleeping animals for hours.

A Pet Talker knows no barriers, such as time or distance...

A Pet Talker will forgive a pet if they leave a mess, throw up, wreck the house...

A Pet Talker has more patience with their pets than they do with real family members!!

A Pet Talker takes the time to make a certain other Pet Talker feel she is part of the BBQ fun even though her traveling days are over.

OK! I'm going to rat you all out now!

Last week I got two packages: one from Gini and one from certain other members. Both were marked: DO NOT OPEN UNTIL JULY 16.

Gini sent me one of the wonderful BBQ aprons she and Lut made. That started me grinning! Then I opened the other box: it had pink flip flops, and assorted other California items. It also had Mario's cousin Mario!!!! (seems the entire mario family is named mario except for the mama. She is named mama mia!!! )
    Thanks tonya, slick, kelly, gini and richard!!! And Lut too!

They even let me talk to them at the BBQ, while the firemen were there no less!!!!!

You all made me so very happy!!!

Yep, Pet Talkers care about each other and are a family.

No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Pet Talker cries more than most people, but also smiles more often than most.

A Pet Talker knows that love knows no boundaries - not distance, age, nationality, species or breed.

A Pet Talker is known to begin sentances with phrases like, "My friend (insert name here) from (insert distant place name here) was just saying ..." and get interrupted by someone asking, "How do you know someone from there?"

A Pet Talker doesn't find it at all strange to be asked to pray for an animal or human they've never seen.

Stac....that last one hit home...I think we all look less-beautiful today.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Only a PTer would understand having your pet on your nails. I showed them to a guy the other day and he said: "That's just too much."
    A woman looked at me like I was crazy because I said I could remember animal names easier than people names.
    Only a PTer would understand the deep bond we have with our animals. They're not JUST a dog, etc.
    Only a PTer would send money to a complete stranger to help with the rescue of an animal.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

A pet-talker will always be your friend, threw thick and thin, and be a shoulder to lean on when needed
    ~*~green_chameleon_girl~*~
    R.I.P Rex
    - _HeAtHer_-

Thanks MANDAMOO!!!!

aww this is a great thread !!!

only a Pet Talker would be there for you and listen to you when you need them most!

only a Pet Talker would let you ramble on and on about how worried you are about your pets and still smile give you a hug and tell you it was goint to be alright!

KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill

A Pet Talker loves & cares, unconditionally. A Pet Talker lives our dreams and supports us in our failures.

Yep, I have best mates all around the world, thanks to the most wonderful community of Pet Talk.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole