Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What is a Pet Talker???

Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl

Pet Talkers mean the world to me. Like Logan said, these people are your BEST FRIENDS... distance doesn't matter, all that matters is the love we have for each other and how much we care about each other.
    This is the first thing I would write down, then every other thing that has been said in this thread.

But I have to add that a Pet Talker knows how to interpret and type as their pet communicates what they want to relate on line.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Only a Pet Talker would drive for hours or buy a plane ticket to hang out at a dog park, even if there's one five minutes down the street. Now, that's committment.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Only a PT'er would get a phone call from a zillion miles away from 3 crazy PT girls from different parts of the country asking for Map quest directions and when he says "are you serious?" -gets squeals of laughter in return!

A PT'er would drive to parts unknown to rescue an old dog with a sweet face just b/c they are helping out a friend they have never 'met' face to face.

A PT'er will hear "you are doing WHAT for your vacation?" and answer traveling across the US to meet people I have never met -well they are Pet People- and hear 'oh then that's ok!'

A PT'er gets a call from another PT'er in hysterics and crying - will call yet another PT'er to make sure they are ok.
    Last edited by shais_mom; 01-14-2006 at 11:06 PM.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by finn's mom
    Only a Pet Talker would drive for hours or buy a plane ticket to hang out at a dog park, even if there's one five minutes down the street. Now, that's committment.
    Or hang out in someone's back yard with 30 other people who did the same thing!

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Only a PT'er would understand why there's so much fur on the couch, floor, everywhere.
    Not only that, a PTer will not even blink an eye when they're visiting another PTer and discover a hairball on the carpet, or when one of the kitties they're visiting accidentally goes pee pee in her favorite box. A PTer doesn't blink an eye at these types of things because they understand. They understand what it's like to have hairballs and how the carpeting doesn't really matter as long as the hairball hacker and the pee pee'er are ok, because that's really all that matters anyway.

Everything you've all said is all so true!

Somebody asked me at the BBQ how I felt about flying half way across the country to meet people I've never met before. First of all I told them it's no big deal because this isn't the first time we've done something like that, and then I told them that it's not true that we've never met. We have met and we meet almost everyday here on PT. It's quite often that we know more about each other than our family, nearby friends and neighbors. The reason we instantly feel like family when we meet face to face is because we are family. Cyber or not, we are a big family that love and care for each other and that's what makes PT so wonderful!

Come on everybody, group hug!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom

Come on everybody, group hug!

Only a PTer would ask for a group hug, even if I didn't put on any deodorant this morning.

Only a PTer would have an adventure, as a bag lady, allow us to share in the horror of that adventure, then let us to make her smile, even tho we aren't so sure about what WE would do in that same situation!!

Reading all these brings a big smile to my face. Too bad we can't all live together in one big community somewhere. We'd always have people we could count on.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
    Reading all these brings a big smile to my face. Too bad we can't all live together in one big community somewhere. We'd always have people we could count on.
    we DO have people we can count on.

...a pet talker rushes home to check to see if a baby has arrived half a world away...
    ...a pet talker can ask for advice on where to visit on vacation and 3 people PM with good things to see and do...
    ...a pet talker gets birthday wishes from around the globe...
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Ohhh my... I was warned not to read this thread without a box of tissues handy... now I see why.

Only a Pet Talker would

.... allow another pet talker to stick a dragon on their car window.

.... ask a waiter and/or the manager of the hotel to pose with an outrageous sign, because another pet talker asked you too.

.... understand the importance of cone rescue.

.... use their head and give practical gifts (like night shirts, soap, and ice cubes) for presents.

.... give another pet talker the finger ---- in a bowl of chilli.

.... make a wonderful dinner of crabcakes and asperigussssses and discuss horses, dogs, cats and snakes - oh and of course the occasional human.

.... understand if it's not a "make the bed" kind of day.

.... ask the Albertson's clerk for a pen and end up running amuck in the freezer section.

.... understand that some secrets are funny, some heart-wrenching, some political, some neccessary - and know when it's ok (and/or not ok) to spill, be it for laughs, for help, for security, for privacy.

.... make sure the bouquet (or any other gift) is bunny-safe before sending.

Originally posted by shais_mom
    A PT'er would drive to parts unknown to rescue an old dog with a sweet face just b/c they is helping out a friend they have never 'met' face to face.
    Stace... *tears* I'm speechless... I've been thinking it the whole time, but you've voiced it beautifully.

**Edited to add one that, to this day, still makes me cry.**

Only a pet talker will walk her dogs (first one, then the other), and talk to one small angel bunny...
    Last edited by zippy-kat; 07-20-2005 at 09:43 PM.

You have all written what I was thinking of, I think! It is hard to read all of them, so here are a couple from me..

A true PT'er will stay up until 3:00 am in the morning waiting for that one PT'er to post!

Understanid embareesing moments and not be critical about it.

Be looking at posts and seeing that one only has 1 post and replying to it.

Taking the mask off your face and letting everyone on PT the REAL you!

There are many more, but that is all I can type right now...If someone has time, they should go through, and make a list of what a PT'er is, so everyone can print it off and keep it forever! (I'm sorry, but I'm too busy to do so)

Steph and Jes

A Pet Talker remembers that you collect stamps, will send you some and not ask for anything in return.

A Pet Talker remembers little things about people they have never met....Like how many ice cubes they take in their Coke.

A Pet Talker will travel the world to get 60 cents-two quarters and two nickels.

A Pet Talker will drag their signifigant others to a PT gathering, then find out that the Non Members had MORE fun than THEY did.

Pet talkers will lift you up when you are clinically depressed by telling you how wonderful you are, even though you can't believe a word of it.

Pet talkers will give other pet talkers their REAL name, address and phone number even though they have never met in person. (no need to hide behind a screen name when you are among friends)

Since arriving home from CA, I've had a hard time getting back into Pet Talk. Just now, I was thinking about the past week and have come up with these conclusions. I have not read the other responses so forgive me if some of these have been said before.

A PT'er will laugh with you and not at you.
    A PT'er will hear all your innermost secrets, and not judge you.
    A PT'er will accept you and love you in spite of your anal ways.
    A PT'er will trust you by sharing parts of their lives that could be embarrassing.
    A PT'er will not laugh at how you look when you first get up in the morning.
    A PT'er will let you clean up their cat's puke.
    A PT'er will let you clean out their cat's litter boxes.
    A PT'er will rescue another PT'er from the streets of LA at 2:30am.
    A PT'er will be glad to clean out the tub at 3am when a rescued PT'er wants a shower.
    A PT'er will be willing to make multiple trips to the store for other PT'ers.
    A PT'er will give you a book as a present, take it back to read, then give it back to you.
    A PT'er will say "Sure" when you say "That's neat. Can I keep it?"
    A non-smoking PT'er will be happy to buy ciggies for another PT'er.
    A PT'er makes the bestest friend.
    PT'ers give the best hugs.

Above all....
    A PT'er will invite you back to their house more than once a year!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

A PT'er will drive 3 hours to help another PT family during a tragedy and time of heartache, just to let their dogs out to potty and play so they won't have to worry about them...