Thread: Help I have a question

Help I have a question

My furkid Breezy who is as cute as they come has this issue that is driving me crazy. At night he will start meowing really loud and not stop unless you pick him up and then he only wants up for like five mins and that doesn't stop him. He has been sleeping in the garage and I feel like he needs to be inside with me but the meowing is making it hard to sleep. I thought maybe having him fixed would stop it but it didn't. He has food and water and a clean box (I check everynight before bed). I put him in the extra room and he tore up the carpet. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appriciated.

Hi, and welcome to PT. I have a couple of night time talkers, and it is annoying, isn't it? Things that helped me- more than one cat (seriously, as sometimes they are lonely), lots of cat time right before bed, some talking back from me...letting them know everything is 'okay', and if all else fails, I go find the offender. I then shower him/her with affection to the point where the cat wants nothing to do with me, and runs off! I haven't ever found isolating them, be it the garage or another room, has made any difference. I think they WANT attention, so, to not give it just makes it worse.

Good luck!

Question is Breezy neutered? My Vixen was a severe night talker. Very loud and pushing and there was no shutting her up when she started until she was spayed. Now she does it occasionally but she is much softer and will stop after a few minutes if you don't respond to her and often she will come in for rubs and whine and meow a little but once she gets attention and sees you are not going to get up for her again she stops. So if Breezy is not neutered that may be the cause.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Ah, cataholic beat me to the "how about another cat" suggestion. Seriously, if he is younger, changes are he is bored bored bored. Cats are often best in pairs. Whenever the rescue I volunteer for adopts out kittens, we suggest they do two kittens, and we even offer a "two for one" special so that the cats have someone else to entertain them and keep them company.

Outside of that, a good hour of intense play before bedtime should help cut back on that. They want attention, and lots of it. So ignoring or shutting them out isn't helping, or making the issue go away -- it creating more lonliness and boredom. A bored cat is a very BAD cat. They start scratching in inappropriate places, create monsterous messes, etc.

PS: Welcome to PT! I hope you find it a wonderful place to visit and come back with pictures of your little guy!

Hi Lisamb, George is my night talker, well I should say night howler! Every night it's the same thing! He will get right beside me, or stand at the end of the bed, and then makes the most horrible sounding cry I've ever heard!
    I know he wants something...nothing physical like food or water or even attention(he's not a people kitty, and hates to be petted) he just cant stand it when someone(me) has been sleeping and quiet for a long period of time. I finally figured this out because I noticed he'll do the same thing when I'm quietly reading or in a different room for a while or he thinks he's alone. As soon as he finds me(awake) he stops, and after awhile he'll do it again until he finds me and is reasured again. He's got 4 other furmates, but needs the (mommy)security, even though he doesnt want human contact. Cats can be so funny sometimes! I havent come up with a solution for the night time howling, but my husband has...his new rule is, our bedroom door is shut(he gets up at 5am for work) and these wake up calls were making him very grumpy! It breaks my heart because my other 4 babies love to sleep with me(or I actually cant sleep without them), and cant now, but work and income is more important than my furbaby addictions,LOL! Good luck, and if you come up with something else besides closing the door, I would love to know!

"Always make the audience suffer as much as possible"

Hi!! and welcome to PT!! We only have one real talker and that is Gidget. Funny, she didn't have to much to say until she had her kitty hysterectomy, now all she does it talk. Usually she wants food or attention or both. I don't have much advice, but I agree that another kitty for companionship might help.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

he does have a furrmate they are like 1 month apart. It's funny because he acts like he wants to be in the garage but it is only somenights others he does real well he will lay on a tshirt or something on the floor till like 5 or 6 in the morning and then he will start talking. yes he is fixed. He doesn't talk much in the day it is almost like he has seperation anxiety to a point or he is scared of the dark. He doesn't seem to mind going in the garage as he stands by the door an talks until you let him out. Thank you for you advice.(here is a pic of my furbabies, breezy is the white one)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

SCRAPPY 2,CAN BE ON THE NOISY SIDE,TOO AS SHE,IS A YOUNG KITTEN,IN A HOME FULL,OF OLDER CATS,THAT ARE MOSTLY ASLEEP.AND I AM THE ONLY ONE,THAT IS MOVING,SO SHE COMES,AND MMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOWS,FOR ME,TO PAY ATTENTION,TO HER.

BREEZY,IS A LIITLE INSECURE,HE IS CRYING OUT,FOR YOU,THE WAY,THAT HE WOULD,FOR HIS MOM CAT.MAYBE,THEY WERE SEPERATED TOO SOON,AND HE WANTS YOU,TO TAKE HER PLACE.

GOOD LUCK,WITH YOUR MEEEEOWWER.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Just wanted to add that you have two BEAUTIFUL kitties!

This is going to sound strange, but it helped with my guys. I have night lights spread throughout the house. When I first got Emily it was almost like she was afraid of the dark (she did some strange things). But once I put the lights out, she was fine...(go figure)

Welcome to PT!!! Both of your cats are gorgeous. It looks like Breezy is a siamese mix and they're known to be talkers. My Sunny is an Aby mix and he's also a very loud talker. He'll do his cat calls every night because he wants his brothers to come out and play with him. Sometimes he just has to give up because they ignore him. He also meows loudly every morning for his breakfast and has become my cat alarm clock. I think that you've been given some great advice. Good luck.

Breezy is a birman which have alot of the same pesonality traits as siamese kitties. I had an albino siamese when I was growing up and the two act almost identical. Thank you again for your suggestions.

My 2 year old Sasha will meow/cry until she hears my voice. If I am in another room, and as soon as I say something like "I'm in here", she will come running. It is just like she has to know that I am there. Then she will stay in the room with me for a short while, and be off again, exploring or looking for that sunbeam to lay in!