Thread: Do Female Cats Spay or NOT???

Do Female Cats Spray or NOT???

Hey all,
    Jazzi is in heat. She is an INDOOR cat that when she is in heat ( to the white coat's tomarrow we go) she urinates on stuff like my rugs, luggage, dirty clothes, in the sinks and the tub. Is this normal? I change the litter boxes everyday............

Help!!!!!

Shells' Angel's
    Last edited by skneisel74; 07-16-2005 at 12:09 PM.

She needs to be spayed. Every heat increases your Jazzi's chance of getting certain cancers. I didn't know this myself until my RB Mytsi was diagnosed with mammory cancer. It cost me lots of money for surgery and I lost her anyway 5 months later as the cancer came back more aggressive than ever. Please if you want to help prevent your Jazzi's chances of getting a horrible disease like cancer and suffering needless you will make an appointment and get Jazzi spayed ASAP.

Please for you and for Jazzi have her spayed.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Yes, it is normal for unspayed or unneutered cats to spray - they feel compelled to mark territory, and in the female's case, to "advertise" her availablity to males everywhere.

Please get her spayed, it will save both of you this grief!

WHAT THE OTHER PET TALKERS,SAID IS TRUE,AND THAT,IS THE RESON,THAT MY MOTHER,MANY YEARS AGO,HAD SUZIE TAKEN AWAY,AS SHE WAS AN UNSPAYED FEMALE,AND WAS ADVERTISING THE FACT.
    AND MY PARENTS,WOULD HAVE NEVER PAID,THE VET BILL,TO HAVE HER SPAYED,SO THEY GAVE HER AWAY.
    THE MALE CATS,WERE NOT FIXED,BUT THEY WERE INDOOR/OUTDOOR CATS,AND GONE,A LOT,OF THE TIME.

I WAS FOND,OF SUSIE,SHE WAS SUCH A GORGEOUS GRAY,AND WHITE TABBY,AND I WISH,THAT I HAD A PHOTO,OF THAT DEAR CAT.I HAVE ONE,OF MISSY,WHO MY MOTHER KEPT,AND SPAYED,WITH HER OWN MONEY,IN SUSIES MEMORY.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Do Female Cats Spay or NOT???

If you mean spray (not spay) then YES! Cats that are intact (male and female) are only doing what is perfectly natural for them to do in order to attract a mate.

I can't even begin to tell you how many kittens, that we (our rescue group) get returned because the new owners do not follow through with the contract that states neuter your pet as soon as it is of age, because they start to urinate in undesirable spots!

So do everyone a favor (especially your KITTY) and have her spayed.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I agree she needs to be spayed ASAP, and also checked over for a urinary tract infection as well. Before she comes back to your home, use a odor neutralizer and clean down every pee spot you can locate so she doesn't continue after she's spayed. Some bad habits are hard to break.
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

OK pet talkers, I know that she needs to be spayed. She went to the white coats this am. However before the vet will do the surgery all of her shot's have to be given for the year. I can only do this as fast as the white coats will let me. We are working on this as fast as we can. She has one more shot, then she and lillte Stormi are off to be fixed. I just was not aware that females "ADVERTISED" thier availablitiy. Thank you all for your response.

You're welcome, glad everything's in the works to get her "fixed!" Life will be much calmer, dryer and safer then!

Good Job Shelly. Of course you can only do it as fast as the doc allows. My Vixen had to have her annual too before they would spay her. All is well that ends well. Keep us updated and let us know if Miss Jazzi decides to advertise after she is fixed as there is advice to be handed out that can help with that.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica