53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

36 67.92%
  • No

17 32.08%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you like to fly?

Do you like to fly?

I *hate* flying. I'm scared that the plane will crash. The last time I flew i spent two weeks worrying about it. I was so freaked I was making myself sick

Anyways, Do you like flying?

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I'm more worried about dying in a car crash. Flying doesn't scare me. I mean, I get the jitters a little bit when I'm getting ready to board, because there is that chance that something could happen, but, I kinda get them when I get in the car, too. I have flown over the Atlantic Ocean about twelve times, though, I got used to it. And, I actually can say, just like with most other things in life, as long as I'm with someone cool, I enjoy it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

No, no, NO.

I absolutely HATE flying. Always have. Ask anyone who knows me.. I dread having to go on a plane. I'll start to feel sick and if it's really bad, I'll actually start to have a panic attack and hyperventilate.

I hate it.

I LOVE IT !!!! Leave it to me to be an oddball. I love the feeling of flying. I hate take off and landing but I love everything else. I love to fly during the day most cause then I can see when we drop beneath the clouds or if there is no cloud cover and watch the amazing view. How everything looks so little. My favorite flying experience was when we were flying in over the italian alps going into Milan. My mom who is a very bad flyer ever watched out the window and was awe struck. It was sooooo beautiful.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

In my ex line of work, I travelled all the time. I hated it more than loved it. I always felt claustrophobic stuck in a seat the entire time. Lousy food, stinky air, maybe even a stinker next to you. Boring. And I always had to wear business casual so I was never comfortable. Loved going to my destination but hated the time to get there. After 9/11 which affected my job, I haven't flown at all. I was always a little skivish anyway.

I've been Boooo'd!

I've only flown twice, to and from Utah. The flight overall was fine, but incredibly boring. I hate doing the same thing for hours at a time.
    The main thing that bothered me was the fact that Kiara was flying with me. She was completely fine, but I about died of worrying.

On the flight there, I had to have a middle seat and I hated it. I couldn't rest my head to the left, couldn't rest my head to the right.
    Had to get up for the person to my left. Being by the window on the way home was much more enjoyable.

So, I guess it's sort of like a love/hate relationship.
    Last edited by Kfamr; 07-14-2005 at 11:48 PM.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

It depends...Depends on the time of the flight, the duration of the flight, airline, etc. If the flight is short (a few hours), and during the day, I *love* it. I *love* taking off and looking outside. The world looks SO beautiful from up there. Flying over the clouds, seeing snow covered peaks from the sky, different cities.....its just so lovely. I love landing too. Long flights, however, make me sick. Planes make their economy class seats so uncomfortable for long flights. I often feel sick if I'm in the plane too long, and just need to SLEEP. I don't like night flights because they're tiring and boring. So......as you can see, it depends. AND...I have to have window seat to enjoy a day-time flight.

I'm fine with the flying part.....just hate the airport part BEFORE flying.

The flying doesn't bother me, but I hate the hassle of it all, and it seems that I am always the one chosen to go through the extra security measures or my plane gets delayed. I hate lines and I hate waiting, which does not go well with flying these days. Thankfully, I don't have to do it often!!!!! But I am not afraid of flying. I figure my chances are as good or better in the air than they are in a car with all the crazies on the road.

I hate it because I can't stand being closed in with that many people for a long time. If the flight is under 2 hours I'm fine but after that I get strung out and feel like I'm going crazy.

From Decker with Love

I hate a bad, bumpy flight. To and from NYC in June was BUMPY. I was freaked nearly the whole way there. Back wasn't quite as bad.

The time before that was smooth the whole way to and from Cancun. That was a pleasant flight until the landing at DFW, which was scary as h*ll. People were screaming

Originally posted by Logan
    I figure my chances are as good or better in the air than they are in a car with all the crazies on the road.
    That's true. One of the things they told me when I went for my pilots licenses was that plans are safer then cars or even riding a bike. Less deaths are caused by planes then any other forms of transportation. It just that when a plane does goes down you hear more about it then you would a car accidents, sense car accidents are more common place.

Oh and yes........I love to fly. Been flying sense I was a baby, more or less, so it's almost natural to me. But I do hate the airports waits etc.

I enjoy flying. I have only done it a few times but each time was enjoyable. I flew first class to Puerto Rico and back from Puerto Rico, that was fun. Very comfy up there. I'll be flying again in October and I am looking forward to it. I have never had any bad experiences thus far, hope I never do.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

I've flown on two trips. Round trip both times. I never thought I would ever get on a plane but hubby is a veteran flyer and being with him helps. He explains everything. I can do it now but the bordom is what bothers me. Nothing to do but try to stay busy with reading or sleeping and I don't think I could sleep although I like to watch others sleep. That relaxes me the most.

Long drives motivated me to fly. Long days in the car can be worse than flying a few hours and you are there. It's like the dentist, you don't really want to go but your toothache is worse than not going. LOL

I get a bit claustrophobic and bored when up in the air, and I hate turbulance, but I LOVE takeoff and I like landing. Taking off down the runway is just the neatest feeling. I've only had one terrifying flight, thank goodness it was only an hour long. People were crying and praying. They shouldn't have taken off in such a terrible snow storm. I am never relaxed enough to sleep on a plane, even the red-eye flights, so I can't stand overnight flights. I don't mind flying at night when it's dark, but I can't stand flying overnight.