Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is there such a thing as TRUE HAPPY marriage?

I believe I met my soulmate back in 1980. Unfortunately, it wasn't mean to be. I loved him with all my heart and soul. He cheated on me with a co-worker and ended up marrying her!! I still think about him all the time and even dream about him. I haven't met anyone like him since.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by moosmom
    I believe I met my soulmate back in 1980. Unfortunately, it wasn't mean to be. I loved him with all my heart and soul. He cheated on me with a co-worker and ended up marrying her!! I still think about him all the time and even dream about him. I haven't met anyone like him since.
    I sometimes fear that I may have already met mine, too. I've loved since, and, am in love, now. But, I do worry about that, as I've never really met anyone like him, either. But, honestly, I don't think the person I felt so strongly for ever actually existed. If that makes sense. I believe that there are true and happy marriages, but, I don't know if it's in the cards for me. We'll see!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Seeing as I'm engaged, I really can't give my point of view. I will say that even now, Andy and I will disagree on things, but it all comes down to communication.

I consider Andy one of my best friends and I look forward to building a life with him. It won't be easy, but I'm up for the challenge.

My parents have been married for 33 years (I think they married in '72). I can remember at times when they had arguments. A few times dad walked out the door and I was afraid he wouldn't come back. But he did. It was just his way of cooling down. My mom can be unreasonable at times. I know because I inherited it. Oiy. But I can tell how much they love each other and they have that bond and communication and they know how to have fun.

I only hope I can bring the same things into my marriage and when I have kids, pass that knowledge on to them.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

My parents have been married for 25 years and I'll admit there were times that I thought they would get a divorce but they always worked things out and stuck with it. They don't hide anything from each other and I think that open communication is what has kept them together for so long. Lies lead to mistrust, and I don't think you can stick with anyone you don't trust.

I've been married for only a year and a half but have been together with John for close to three years. Our marrage was spur of the moment (we got married at one of those Nevada quick marrage places, the same one as my parents lol!). I don't think that the lack of a big huge wedding made all that much of a difference, although I'm kind of glad the whole thing wasn't a big deal (I don't like huge crowds, and I know that if me and Johns relatives got into the same room there would be a major fight. Why ruin something special?) John is my best friend. I'll admit we do fight and argue on occasion, but we both end up puddling up and crying afterwards, afraid that we hurt eachother saying something in anger that we didn't mean. I couldn't immagine life without him, and he feels the same about me. I got married at 21, and I don't regret it at all. When I met John, I somehow knew that he was the man for me and will always be with me.
    We've been through so much already. The bad times make us stronger and the good times make us realize why we put up with things.
    My marrage is happy, truely happy and I wouldn't change anything about it for the world!
    Just because...here is one of my wedding pix. Remembering how happy we were that day puts a smile on my face. *btw the date on the photo is wrong lol. We got married on the 28th of feb, 2003*

LOL and I just thought of an example of how sweet John really is to me. He woke up early this morning and made a CD with songs on it to tell me how much he loved me, and he made my lunch to boot . It was so great to listen to on the way to work this morning.

I have been married for 15 years. It has had it's ups and downs but all in all... we are in love and happy together. I have learned that there is no human who can meet all my needs and expectations, just as I can't fit anyone elses expections totally. I have family, friends and of course my loves (Dixie and Dusty) that all supply what I need in order to be happy. I don't put that burden on my husband. He in turn does the same. But at the end of the day, he is the one I tell about my day and the one I share my dreams with. He is the one who is there to share my joys and disappointments with. It means the world to me that I know we have each other... no matter what else comes along.

Personally, I think too many people that get engaged spend too much time planning a one day wedding ceremony and not enough time planning a life long wedding!

Originally posted by Dixieland Dancer

Personally, I think too many people that get engaged spend too much time planning a one day wedding ceremony and not enough time planning a life long wedding!
    My thoughts exactly

I believe that Brian and I have a true happy marriage. As many others are saying, marriage is hard work, just like any other relationship you have in life. Communications is important! Putting time into it is important! Brian and I met in high school and were high school sweethearts. We have been together for 8 1/2 years and married 4 1/2 of those. We've been through a lot together. One of they many examples of that is that Brian has had to spend a year of our marriage in Korea and a year in Iraq due to him being in the Army. We've had lots of ups and down. However, the ups definately out weigh our downs and I couldn't imagine life without him. He is such a special man who has true helped me become the woman that I've become.

I know I can't really give my opinion since I am not even married yet, but I do believe there are many truly happy marriages. I believe there is someone out there for everyone and that fate draws people together. I am a hopeless romantic, and maybe a tad naive, but I believe with all my heart that two people can be in a wonderful marriage together forever.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I am envious of all of you who have wonderful marriages. The thing I miss the most is going to sleep with someone at night, waking up next to them in the morning
    Donna, I truly wish everyone could be as happy together as Mark and I are.
    And talking about the going to sleep with someone, right now Mark is working the night shift (5pm-6am ) so I don't get to go to bed with him or wake up with him anymore. I really miss that.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by Lexi_Lover
    Oh Anna, thats so beautiful! Mark is a very special Man, and I'm sure he knows it too!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree completely, Paula. Having stayed with them, I can tell the love they share and it really is quite beautiful. They're both very lucky to have eachother.
    Thank you both very much!
    I'm very happy to say that alot of people can tell how much we love each other when they see us together

All of you who think you are meant to be alone, I just can't belive that! I think you just need to find your soulmate

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Sorry, I just seen this Donna. I think if he were your soulmate, he would have never cheated on you.

Donna, I had something very similar happen to me. Mine was an officer. He cheated on me with a convenience store employee and then ended up marrying a coworker. He was the one true love of my life. There's not someone for everyone. I think girls growing up shouldn't be taught that. I've come to accept that I may never have anyone again, too. Also, some of us left our marriages because of super bad situations, so it wasn't because we didn't work on it. I've got enough baggage to take a big trip.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I'm not married but Will and I have been together for 16 years this Sept. We are very happy and yes we are best friends too. I never had any desire to be married (the big wedding, etc). We are just as commited to each other as anyone who is married, except we don't have the legal papers. No big deal at all to us, we couldn't be happier together.

Been married for almost 10 years and yes, there are a LOT of ups and downs. I'm in a down right now, but in no time things will be good again. (Not that they're bad, but ya just get FED UP with the same old stuff sometimes)

Yes, I believe in a happy marriage. My hubby and I are both divorces. He has custody of his two children, says alot for his ex huh? I chose not to have any kids at all. We are very close, together 24/7, doesn't help the fact that we work together. Anyway, we like being with each other. We have fought, badly, all of 3 times in the last 6 years and it's usually because of his son. Defensive dad he is. But all and all, our relationship is healthy.

Ok, I was talking to hubby this evening about this thread.
    I've heard alot of you say it takes "work" or you have to "work hard", we don't feel like our marriage has ever been "work". Of course as normal couples we've had our ups and downs but we never had to "work" to keep it together. Not that we are perfect, we are a long way from that, but neither of us really understand how being with someone you love could be work