Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Grrrr...maintenance entered my apartment again!

Grrrr...maintenance entered my apartment again!

I am so upset! After the whole thing with Graham's leg, and me SPECIFICALLY telling management to prohibit ANYONE from entering my apartment unless there was a serious emergency, someone entered again today and installed a carbon monoxide detector and did some other maintenance checkups while I was at work!!!!

First of all, I walked in and was hit with the EXTREME HEAT!!! They, in testing whatever they needed to test, turned my heat up full blast and forgot to turn it back down after they left! It was just over 90 degrees and the heat was going full blast, non stop! Then, a panting Graham came up to me in a not-so normal way, he was really freaked out and he was SO hot! He was so hot that he had drank everything out his water bowl...it was bone dry and it was filled up pleanty this morning! He was also just plain freaked out! I called management again after I took Graham for his after-work potty walk and I YELLED at them!

I am just so upset! If they had given me any warning that they needed to enter my building I would have taken Graham to doggie daycare on the day they requested to enter. They didn't give me any notice whatsoever and that makes me SO mad!

I am sorry to vent...I am just so upset! I can NOT wait to get out of here and into a house where I won't have to worry about my dog (s)! This is just aweful!

That is just terrible. I am angry also. I would have yelled at them so loud that they wouldn't be able to hear for a week!! HOW DARE THEY??????? Oh, I am just so mad for you!!!!!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

Oh Leslie!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you get something in writing from management!!! Can you put one of those slide chain locks on your door; the kind that YOU can open with a key from the outside???? Considering what happened to Graham before, you would think they wouldn't WANT to come in without notice! That was the best thing about moving into a house....No unwanted intrusions! Poor Graham!! How frightened he must have been. AND uncomfortable; so hot!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Oh Leslie this really makes my blood boil!!! How dare they come in unannounced, especially after what happened last time!! How I wish you had a surveillance camera in your apartment! Poor Graham, having to be there in that heat with no water! Don't worry about venting to us! Now we are venting right along with you! This is just unbelievable!

On top of yelling at them on behalf of Graham's sake, I sure would ask if they intended to pay a portion of my next electric/gas bill!!!! Then I'd ask if they are willing to pay vet bills if something like this happens again!

I dont' know if it would be any help to you, but there should be a number you can call...it's sort of like free legal advice but pertains specifically to rental properties, tenants, etc. Tell them your problem(s) and then they give you a list of options to consider.
    I have the number for NM (somewhere)--if you don't have the # for your state and wish to find out more info, let me know...I'll dig the (NM) number up and surely they can give you one for your state.

So glad you came home when you did--be sure to give sweet Graham a kiss for me!

Leslie,

I can imagine how angry you must be. I'd probably
    have just stormed into the Office & made a big scene.
    How DARE they do that, after what happened to Graham?
    What does Dan say about this? Have you had a chance
    to tell him yet? I just cannot believe the Stupidity of
    Management & Mantainence of your apartment complex.
    Please hug Graham for me and let everyone know if you
    any response from Management about this. Liz.

Poor Graham!

That is so frusterating, Leslie. I'm glad you yelled at them. If another accident had happened, they would REALLY REALLY REALLY be in trouble. If nothing else, they'd have a ton of angry Pet Talkers beating down their door! I agree you need to get something in writing from them. That way if they do anything again, you'll have legal grounds to stand on.

I hope Graham has cooled down. Poor boy. The men probably scared him to death. I wonder if he remembered the last time they were there
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Blood pressure is up all around the PetTalk community over this! How could they?????? How plain old stupid of those people! Sometimes it seems like they hire only the people that flunk out of Common Sense 101.

In some states, there is a 24 hour notice rule about landlord access to a tenant property. Be sure and check that aspect. Others have given good advice about what other course of action might work.

Graham, on behalf of pets in rentals everywhere, you have taken enough abuse from these people! Don't they get it that they could actually, literally kill you with their actions?!?!?!?!?!? I don't mean to sound melodramatic, but it is true! Poor Graham! Poor Leslie! They are a law suit in the making - I'm just sorry that it is our dear friends that suffer because of it!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

How horrible! Poor Graham, he must have been so uncomfortable! I would dfinitely write them a letter!

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

I need to add my angry faces . That is just so wrong!!! So glad nothing as awful as the last time happened!!!

OMG!!!

I'm angry on your behalf. So glad you had this place to vent to. So sorry you and Graham had this shock today. How terribly irresponsible! You might try checking you yellow pages under county government for tenant's rights group(s). [Well, mine was NO help when I needed them, but sometimes they can be... Also, do you local news agencies have "Action Line" or similar departments???]
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Aly, you said "that way if they've done anything "
    They've already done something very wrong, TWICE..

I'm sorry to get so upset about this but every "standard
    lease/rent agreement" should have a clause about
    proper notification upon entering your apartment when
    the tenant is not present..

Leslie,
    Does your complex have a website ? Seems everyone does
    now-a-days. Would need to see your lease/rent contract
    to put a stop to this sort of thing. This is sooo wrong !

OMG, Leslie!!! That's just HORRIBLE!!! Poor Graham! He must have been sooo hot! They deffineatley should at least leave a notice, before coming! I hope things get better for you!

Sarah & Sadie

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Thanks everyone for letting me vent. I just don't get it. I give them specific instructions, for the sake of Graham, not to enter. It's not like I asked anything difficult or confusing. I am really worried about Graham now. He's not an overly protective dog (although sometimes, in a case like this, I wouldn't mind if he were). He barks for a couple of minutes then just stands at a distance watching these people invade his house. This is what one of the maintanance guys tells me, before Graham's accident. Graham is so uncomfortable with people in his house while I am gone, but he never shows a huge amount of stress...on the outside! He lets his stress show when I get home and I don't like that.

He ALWAYS poops 3 times a day...it's very ritual, once in the moring when the alarm goes off, I get dressed and take him for his first outtie, and he poops. Next is after his morning breakfast when he goes out for the second time. And his last poop is always after work when I take him out for the 3rd time. He didn't poop after work today I have taken him out 4 times after work and he only pees. Stress often causes him constapation. He's so sensitive. He should not be put in situations like that. I don't know what else to do. We are officially completely broke after Graham's leg injury and his treatment. We have nothing else in savings, and we only make enough money to pay our bills and buy Graham's food. We can't even go out to dinner or movies for awhile due to lack of money. We could never afford to hire a lawyer and I know how expensive they are. I don't even know if it's legal what they are doing. I would think it has to be, since they do it, but I don't know.

I am just really upset. Tomorrow is another day. Hopefully Graham will be back to his old self and he will be 'regular' again.

This August our lease is up. Hopefully my mother-in-laws house (she passed away recentlly) will sell soon and that will be the down payment on our house. If so, then we are going to try to buy a house before the lease is up so we can move into the house and out of this place. Funny, when I moved in I thought it was great because we live on a little lake and it's so woodsy and pretty. I don't feel that way anymore! I just want out!

Thanks again for letting me vent. You are all so supportive.

There are places that offer free legal advice from actual lawyers (kind of a community service thing) - I would call your state's bar association and ask if they know of such a service. It would seem, if there is ANY clause in your lease about them being required to give some notice - which most leases have - that you should be able to recoup some of poor Graham's vet money, or at least a settlement of some kind, after they have again violated your apartment and your good will.

I bet everyone will be glad when you are in yourown place - you, Graham - and everyone at Pet Talk, too! Poor sweet boy, give him a nice tummy-skritch from us.