Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Gracie

Update on Gracie

Well she made it through her surgery with flying colors. She is resting and will stay tonight. I have to call tomorrow morning to make she she can come home and if she can then I can pick her up in the afternoon.

Thank you all so much for keeping the both of us in your prayers. I was crying when I dropped her off this morning. I keep second guessing my decision. 90% of me says I did the right thing and the other 10% says she is going to be in pain and may have a hard time with the surgery.....I guess that's just human nature.

Thanks again to everyone. --- Gracie and Meg

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Meg,

That is GREAT news!! I had no doubt she'd come through it with flying colors, given who the doctor was!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    I knew Gracie would do just fine Meg! I have 3 here who had eyes removed and all three are doing just fine. And just look at our favorite guy Magoo who has no eyes and does fine. And Catfamily Carla's Tucker (another rescue of mine ) who also had his eye enucleated....all did fine as Miss Gracie will as well. Thanks for the update and hugs to Gracie's nervous meowmie. (And daddy too)
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Great news! Way to go Gracie!!

Meg, I know you will be worried sick until she's home, but with my recent experience with Peanut's surgery, I just know Gracie is going to be better than ever and won't even miss her eye and....will probably be more comfortable now that it's gone and not putting undue pressure on her head.

You did the right thing. {{{hugs}}}
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Meg please don't second guess yourself. I firmly believe that what you did was right. You simply can not convince me that her eye did not hurt or irritate her. This will be one of the best things you will ever do for her. I bet you notice a big difference in her after this. For all you know the little thing has been experiencing some form of pain all of her life. They hide it so well and learn to live with it. I know Gracie will thank you forever for helping her.

I'm so glad everything is going good and now I will start praying that Gracie is back in your arms no later than tomorrow afternoon!

Take a deep breath now meowmie, the worst is over. *shew*

I'm so sorry I missed her "going in" thread, but I"m so glad to see she made it through and is well.

Lots of hugs, prayers and love,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

So glad to hear she did well with her surgery. I am sure that you did the right thing and in no time at all she will have adjusted and will be just fine. She will probably be better than ever since she won't have the bad eye to deal with. It probably did cause her some pain. It is to bad that they can't tell us what is wrong and what their thoughts and feelings are, it would make things so much nicer, but all we can do is what we believe to be in their best interest. Speedy recovery to Gracie!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

I'm thrilled ot hear all went well. You know its the right thing. Prayers that she has a speedy and pain free recovery.

Upate on Gracie

That's wonderful news! You made the right decision on this. As soon as all this is over and Gracie is back in her loving furever home you'll be smothered in kitty kisses for helping her feel better! When she's ready, please give her a few tons of lovebug from me?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

KARINA ANGEL,WAS WITH US,FOR RIBS,AND SHE,IS TAKING A FEW BACK,TO GRACIE,FOR BEING SUCH A BRAVE LITTLE GIRL,THROUGH ALL THAT SURGERY.AND SHE SAYS,THAT GRACIE,WILL SOON BE BETTER,AND REDAY,TO MAKE,HER REAPPEARANCE,ON PET TALK,VERY SOON.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I am glad all went well (I knew it would). Gracie, you will be ome before you know it......as good as ...NO...BETTER than new.

I'm so glad to hear that Gracie's sugery went well. As others have said, your decision was the right one. Now she will feel a lot better.

Prayers on the way that Gracie has a full and speedy recovery.

((((((HUGS)))))) Meg

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

((((Meg)))) I am very happy to hear that Gracie's surgery went well and is all over. You are just being a Meowmie and I know you will not rest easy until you have her back home - very soon now!! Like some of the others, I suspect she may be happier than ever now that the eye is gone as it seems to me it must have been very irritated at times. more (((HUGS))))

Meg, have you got internet access on the weekend? If so, we want to know how Gracie is doing! She should be home by now....did Gabriel have to "sniff her out" when she got home? How's she coping, does she have a bandage on her eye?

Come on girl, we need details!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

I've been thinking about Gracie as well.

How is our little sweetie? (and her meowmie??)
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...