Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have just won a prize.....

I have just won a prize.....

I am sitting watching the TV with hubby and Melissa, when the phone rings for me, this guy ask if I am Carole......... I say yes, then he asks how I am, I tell him truthfully rotten (I have my usual dose of winter Bronchitis) and then I ask who is this,not knowing the youngish man's voice, to find out it is the Radio Station , the one I have won many prizes with, just two days ago I entered a competition on the internet,(this is my first ever internet prize) which was running a competition in conjuction with the Radio station,, which just happens to be the one I listen to.

I was very taken aback and suprised, I am so darn lucky, I have won an airfare to the Gold Coast Australia.

I have a year to take the prize, which is just as well, as my British Passport has not been updated, since my last travel way back in my twenties, I have had no need for it until now.

I am not sure what to do, whether I can transfer the prize or not to a member of my family or I have take the prize myself, it is only for one airfare, so I really am not sure what I will do yet, I would have to find the means to save money for acommodation and spending money, and I am really scared about traveling, its like a dream come true, but on the other hand I am nervous just thinking about it, my sister travels there every year so I could go next year with her maybe,a part of me would love to send Melissa, as she would love to go to the fun parks, something that I would not beable to do, oh well I have a while to think about it, just wanted to share my good fortune, funnily enough I told hubby recently I am going to win us a holiday, as we have not been away for over 2 years, so I kinda won part of it didn't I?
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

That's brilliant! Well done!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Oh well done you!!! That's super! Hope you figure out what to do with the ticket... I would have saved up to buy another, and take someone with me, as my grandfather said "Never give away anything you win, as you'll loose your luck" (he told me that when I was 8, and I've always held on tight to anything I've ever won). I often win stuff, but my luck in other divisions is pretty bad though, even though it's starting to perk up a bit!
    Best wishes, Sylvie, KS' mom
    Last edited by King Spartacus; 07-11-2005 at 06:10 AM.
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

Ideally I would love to take someone with me, but our finances are not going to allow me to do that, it is a bit of a dilemma really , but I am still happy to have won it and grateful, just have to do some figuring out.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Enjoy your winning moment - worry about what to do with it later!
    Give £1 for a poundie www.songfordogs.co.uk

Wow, how utterly fantastic... maybe the fates are telling you something? I always thought that contests gave tickets for two. So maybe someone else is trying to tell you that you deserve some time alone to pamper yourself!

I am sure it is only one ticket, the thing is I just realised the guy who rang me was Dominic Bowden, I thought it was someone called Ron, Dom is a really cute guy, he hosts our NZ IDOL show, If only I had known that, my heart would have been missing a beat, both Melissa and I adore him, silly ole me,he is a bit of a celebrity in NZ.
    Furangels only lent.

Well needless to say I did not sleep much last night, too excited, and I have come up with a plan, my hubby and I were planning a south Island NZ trip 2007, so now we will go to the Gold Coast instead, I already had the money for our airfares saved, so it will pay for another fare, my mother has promised the kids some money in the future, so that will pay for their airfares, now we have to save hard and make some sacrifices if we want to go for the accomodation, spending money, passports,car rental, etc etc, but it is great I feel I have been given such a great opportunity , too good to miss, and that it has given me the incentive and some goals to look forward to in the future, something I really need right now, it might even keep my on the weight loss path as well.
    Furangels only lent.

Sounds like a great plan, with the perfect impetus!

It sure sounds like a super trip that you planned, Sis! I think you need a break from everything and this seems like the perfect break!

Yep Bro I really do need a break from it all, but it will have to wait for a year as we will need that time to save up.but when there is light at the end of the tunnel, one can hang on in there , and besides June is a nice time of year to go to OZ, not too hot, but nice and warm all the same, still not sure if we can do it, but heck we will give it a good try lol.
    Furangels only lent.

Fantastic!!! That a wonderful solution, and all of you get to enjoy your win!!!
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

That is a great prize!! Congrats to you, Carole!!

ps. no matter how hard I try, I never win anything....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Well yes it is fun planning ahead, still don't really know if we can financially do it, there is a lot of extra expenses, because both our passports have expired and mine is British and cost twice the price, and Melissa will need a British one too, Scott is ok, but then he maybe not be coming and going off to UK again anyhow,so I guess we can only but try and think on the positive side and hope we can get it together before then.

I still consider myself extremely fortunate, there would be thousands of people who enter, and I only did this a couple of days ago and put it out of my mind,it is always nice to have a goal for the future isn't it?
    Furangels only lent.

i say go. travel is fun, educational and a break from the daily-daily is good,, enjoy it!
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.