Thread: Max's "Fun" Game = Mommy human's headache . . .

Max's "Fun" Game = Mommy human's headache . . .

Our day today began so peacefully. . .all 3 of us waking up from a restful slumber (Max only got us up for treats 2x during the night -- a record!). We were having a perfectly lovely and peaceful morning when all of the sudden Max decided that Mommy Human's bottle of lotion (plastic, but full) needed to be pushed off of the table. Before either of the Human's could react, we heard the sickening crunch and crackle of Mommy's FAVORITE pedestal vase as the bottle of lotion made contact and. . . as the say . . .the rest is history.

So here is my question: Does anyone else's fur babies LOVE to push things off of high places? Max LOVES this 'game' . . .he even pushes things onto my head as I'm sleeping! (I fixed him -- museum putty = smart Mh!).

I was so angry at the loss of this vase I almost put a "Free Kitty" sign outside (just joking!). Daddy human decided Max needed to get out of the house so they went to Grandma human's to visit for a few hours. I missed them terribly until they came home and I found Max licking my fresh from the store container of olives - but that's another thread!

Uh oh....I think its a "Max thing"!! Our neighbor's kitty, named Max too, does that all the time!! To me, its so funny to see him swat something onto the floor because my kitty's don't do that. (well, not yet!)
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Former User Guest
    Luckily Casper and Kitty aren't doing this. Not that we have anything that important that they could punch down anyway, but still, I'm glad they don't do it. And I'm not letting them read this thread, they might start copying Max

I had a cat (RB) that loved to push anything off shelves, especially at night. Books were his favourits, he even pushed a plant off which landed on my sister almost scaring her to death.

Maya had the telephone and answering machine crashing to the floor a couple of times, they are on one of her favourite resting spots and if she can't get comfortable she tries to push them off.

Smaller items are only safe on high shelves since Maya and Foxy like to push sthese off lower shelves and table tops. Prema does not bother with things like this.

In the daytime Fister usually sleeps a lot, but at night he explores - and when he has finished walking all over us, opening all the cupboards and sat in the window sill, he has to find something else to do of course.

So one night, we heard a loud CRASH from the room with the computers, he had pushed down a keyboard - Control key now missing! If we put anything in a new place, he has to examine it very carefully as well - silly boy!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Former User Guest
    Originally posted by Randi
    he had pushed down a keyboard - Control key now missing!
    Beware, it's Fister on control now

Casper & Kitty!

Yes, he is definately in control here! But not always, just look at this - his very first time on the washbasin in the bathoom! Not looking very brave, huh?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Former User Guest
    Maybe not brave, but immensely handsome! WOW!!!!

WOW is right! My husband always talks about wanting a Tiger Kitty for Edwina. Your beauty is definitely tiger (okay, maybe timid tiger!)

What a handsome cat!!!!! Wow!!! I want my tabby kitten to grow up looking just like that!!!!!

Fister is so handsome!! Looks a lot like Max . . .could be why they think knocking things over is so much fun!

Good advice not to let the fur babies read this thread!

You know Randi, I just re-read your post and want to comment on the fact that if you put something in a different place Fister has to examine it. Max is the same way! He knows our home so well if anything is out of place or new, he knows it. One night, the 3 of us were playing and Dh had left something on the floor that he intended to "put away later". Max was running around the corner at full speed and spotted it out of the corner of his eye. He stopped short and skidded around to "investigate" what it was and why it was there. The Human's were laughing hysterically because it was as if he said "wait a minute . . .hold the play . . .WHAT is this? . . .how did this get here?"
    Last edited by Max's Humans; 02-23-2002 at 09:55 AM.

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    Uh oh....I think its a "Max thing"!! Our neighbor's kitty, named Max too, does that all the time!! To me, its so funny to see him swat something onto the floor because my kitty's don't do that. (well, not yet!)
    We used to think it was funny too . . . and it is . . . with items less precious!

Wylie (orange & white M. Coon, male) loves to do this. His favorite place is to sit on the computer desk and push pens, paper on the floor...........in between chewing on stuff and walking on the keyboard.
    Oh-well, he is only a 1 year old, so maybe he will outgrow it?

Lamoni HATES knocking anything over. I have seen him weave around things on the table, looking over his sholder if he brushed anything. He would twist and back up as needed. Why do you think they call them Cat Burglars?

We don't even have to scold Fifi if she knocks something over. Lamoni will do that for us.
    ATB

Charles Kincaid