Thread: Acupuncture for cat with Spinal Injury

Acupuncture for cat with Spinal Injury

Hello there,

Wondering has anyone tried acupuncture on a cat with spinal injury after a fall?

My cat Speculoos fell about 2 weeks ago and he is paralyse in his hindlegs and tail. He has been to the vet numerous times and advice was crate rest for 1 week then hope he starts walking by himself.

He is making progress everyday (feeling pain to moving his legs and tail) but is not making putting his paw down on the floor when we encourage him to walk.

I'm hoping acupuncture will help him get better soon. Appreciate if anyone can provide prior experience with a pet acupuncturist.

Thanks!
    Cindy

Sorry to hear of Speculoos' injury, I hope that a full and speedy recovery will be made. I am not familiar with acupuncture for animals, but thought I would send you good thoughts that something can be done for him. Best of luck and please let us know his progress.

Welcome to PT!!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

Acupuncture

Welcome, cindychew! So sorry to hear about your sweet little companion. While I can't offer you any comment about acupuncture, I can offer prayers for a full and speedy recovery. I can assure you that you came to the right place for answers and insight. There are very experienced and knowledgeable people here who are always ready and willing to help. Please let us know what happens?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

Cindy,
    I do not have any personal experience with acupucture however I have heard many successful stories. I wish you and yours the best. You are in our prayers here in Texas.

Hugs to you...
    Shell's Angel's