Thread: Any duck lovers out there?

Any duck lovers out there?

Anyone for a duck discussion?lol
    Hey,
    I haven't seen many posts about people owning ducks on here, I know that you can have them as pets, so I was wondering, does anyone on here have any ducks as pets? Are they hard to care for? What kind of pets are they?
    Just curious, I *love* them!!
    Sara

I have 3.

Quackers

Quackers with her boyfriend Waddles Those 2 are always together.

And last Wibbles

If I had to be honest they are the easies pet we have to care for. Of course that's because we do have such a big big yard, with there own pond and free run of the place.

I could never imagine what it would be like to have a small area where you ducks might have to be pined up most of the time. There's nothing better then getting up in the morning, go out side to be greeted by your ducks, coming up behind you, with a loud QUACK, saying HI mom.........now feed us. LOL What a way to be woken up, when your still half a sleep............a Quack from behind.

Just the other day I was saying we need to get some more Ducks, it's so cool to come home, with ducks greeting you, along with your cats and dogs. How many people can say they get greeted at their gate by ducks.

I have always loved ducks, but I don't have any Fox-Gal your duckies are so cute!

Niņo & Eliza

Aww! Your so lucky! Your ducks are awesome lol. I just saw the pacifier, the duck in that movie is adorable, he was on the red carpet too!!
    Sara

i love ducks! they are sooo cute! my cousin had 2 for a couple years, but they died. i would love to have a pond with some pekin ducks.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I have had ducks for about a year. We had 2 eight year old Malards named Caesar and Romeo, And we had two ducks that would have been a year old in a few days, named Gizmo and Willow

Unfortunantly a hawk took the malards and willow this winter, while they were outside . Gizmo went missing about a week ago, and I really hope he comes home soon, he is greatly missed...

They are very easy to take care of, and just like Fox-Gal said, our ducks had, 2 ponds that are HUGE, a big yard with free range of the the whole farm. This past summer, since Gizmo didnt have his sister, or his buddies to hang out with, he spent most of his time walking around the yard, and quaking. He told the dogs what to do, and they never bothered him. He greeted you when you came home, and he followed me all around the yard, and he was in love with our horses

Here are some pictures...

This is Gizmo and Willow when we first got them..

Here is the whole crew... From left to right Gizmo, Romeo, Caesar, and willow in the back

Romeo and Caesar in thier pond

Gizmo
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

ducks are the greatest
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

I have a question about ducks. When they are out in the pond and you come up do they run to you?

Do they let you pet them? I always wondered about that.

What breed of duck is Gizmo?

Niņo & Eliza

Originally posted by Suki Wingy
    What breed of duck is Gizmo?
    I believe he is a Reuen. He is a pet breed of duck, and meant for eatting ( i promise you, i would NEVER eat my babies) therefore he can not fly.
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]