Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: got my report card!

got my report card!

and I can now breath a sigh of relief and say that I passed all my classes lol I was absolutly terrified that I would not pass CE which because its a christian school the class is required in order to pass grade 12 lol but I have never considered it a priority class so if I have stuff in other classes it will be done first and CE will only be done if I have the time, meaning I was unable to complete a major project, so I was on edge waiting for my report card lol by the way unlike many of you here I am NOT a serious study person, I am a slacker, who studys for 1-2 hours the night before the exam and prays that I passed lol

oh and now that I know that the marking sytem is a lot differnt in the US over here

below 50 - fail
    50-59-below average
    60-69-average
    70-85-above average
    86-100-way above average to genius lol

lol

I got:

Christian Ethics - 52
    English 30A - 60
    Math C30 - 63
    social studies - 85 ---> Best mark I ever got in high school! lol

so I can officially say that I have my grade 12 diploma

Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Congrats! Now go out and spoil yourself for a job well done.
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

3. Whoraw!!!

congratulations!

Well done mate.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Congratulations!!!

How could 60-69 be average? Doesn't that seem a little low?!

Wow, your grading scale is a LOT different than the one we use over here!

Over here, it goes like this..

90 - 100%: A (excellent)
    80- 89%: B (good)
    70 - 79%: C (average)
    60- 69%: D (barely passing)
    59 - below 50%: F (fail)

We also have to pass the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) if we want to get our diploma. It consists of both English and Math parts, and we have to pass it or else we can't graduate.. no exceptions. We take the parts for the first time in 10th grade, and if we don't pass one or both parts that time, we still have the opportunity to keep taking it again each year up until we graduate. I took it this year for the first time, and I got my letter in the mail a few weeks ago saying that I passed.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.. I just find it very interesting how different it is.

Congrats on your marks!

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    Wow, your grading scale is a LOT different than the one we use over here!

Over here, it goes like this..

90 - 100%: A (excellent)
    80- 89%: B (good)
    70 - 79%: C (average)
    60- 69%: D (barely passing)
    59 - below 50%: F (fail)

We also have to pass the CAHSEE (California High School Exit Exam) if we want to get our diploma. It consists of both English and Math parts, and we have to pass it or else we can't graduate.. no exceptions. We take the parts for the first time in 10th grade, and if we don't pass one or both parts that time, we still have the opportunity to keep taking it again each year up until we graduate. I took it this year for the first time, and I got my letter in the mail a few weeks ago saying that I passed.

Anyway, sorry for rambling.. I just find it very interesting how different it is.

Congrats on your marks!
    Same here in oregon - we have to pass CIM's as well as get passing grades. quite interesting.

lol my own schools grading system may differnt as well, I think 90's are not to difficult in other schools, but at mine a 90 is nearly impossable, so 60's are average, it is a univarsity prep school though, and we start doing 1st year univarsity level work in grade 11, I mean they do mark slightly easier then univarsity but WAY harder then your average high school, this is to prepare us for univarsity though, and it works, students from my school consistantly do better in univarsity then students from any other school in the city lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Yes I think it changes from school to school.

How would people in your school even get into good universities? I mean, there are kids coming from other schools with 90 averages because apparently it is easier to get 90s in other schools, and then there are kids from your school that are applying for University with marks in the 60s!

10. Good job! Now, wheres that ice cream to celebrate?

yes, but my school is also internationaly known, we have people from around the world that try to get into this school and most univarsitys know this. that the the people who intend to go to univarsity work extra hard to get the higher grades, as well as do a lot in the community, it took about an hour to present all the univarsity/collage scholarships to a class of 84 and far fewer even applying for a scholarship, I swear someone from my school wins the govener generals award for exellence every year, and I think the average was 94% of graduates from my school go on to univarsity, if I had any intention of going to univarsity I would have tried harder, I am not stupid, the grades I got, I got without putting in any effort, and the case is the same with nearly everyone who got the lower grades lol my school is not lacking in people to vouch, with 2 noble prize winners, big time movie directors, and heads of large buisnesses who thank our school for their success, we tend to have no shortage of people wanting our students. lol
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

Originally posted by cali
    yes, but my school is also internationaly known, we have people from around the world that try to get into this school and most univarsitys know this.

What school do you go to?

if I had any intention of going to univarsity I would have tried harder, I am not stupid, the grades I got, I got without putting in any effort, and the case is the same with nearly everyone who got the lower grades lol my school is not lacking in people to vouch, with 2 noble prize winners, big time movie directors, and heads of large buisnesses who thank our school for their success, we tend to have no shortage of people wanting our students. lol

I have read and re-read this thread, and wanted to post something the first time, but, didn't. This time, after reading the above, I am a little puzzled. You almost seem like you are bragging that you put in very little effort (if any at all) in school, which is your primary JOB right now. That doesn't bode well for the future, IMO. School is what you make of it. It doesn't guarantee you sucess, but, it does speak to the type of person you could be. To think that you essentially blew off the last 4 years of your life is sad, really sad. What sort of employer would want someone that shows such disrespect to themselves?

Of course, I am not familiar with the Canadian school system, but, those grades, stateside, equate to "D" and low "C" marks. In the US, you probably wouldn't make it into a community college, much less a 4 year university. When you say you have 'no shortage of people wanting our students..." I can only assume you are speaking in a very general sense, and about only your top producing students. Business is business, and whether you are a Canadian business or an American business, looking to hire in, grades are part of the equation.

If you don't intend to persue your education, what DO you intend to do?

lol yes I am speaking in only a general sence. I am done school now so obviously school is not my "job" anymore lol but as my teachers figered out around the last week of school, I am actually a completly differnt person from who they thought when I speak of something that I care anything about, I did an ethics presenation of BSL, and I brought Misty to school with me for it, and apperntly my ethics teacher in particular was in total shock(as I found out from his wife, who was my math teacher) as who he thought was an extremly shy person, had no problem speaking loud and clear in front of the class, and had no problem whatsoever answering everyones questions lol I think every one of my teachers is now quite confident that I will be working with animals, as they quickly discovered obviously interests me lol

the reason why I have an 85 is social studys is because the the teacher I had makes the stuff interesting for me, and this teacher I had is the ONLY teacher I have ever have 80's in SS with, in elementery I was 2 marks above an F, in grades 9 and 11 I had to study my butt off just to barly pass, becase the way they tought did not keep me interested, while this teacher who I had in grades 10 and 12 , I have rarly had a mark below an 80, and my section test marks were usually in the 90's.

my parents are not pushy about me getting high grades, as long as I pass its a reason to celibrate, as I am not only the first on my dads side of the family to recieve a scholarship, but both my dad AND my brother are high school dropouts, so my passing at all is reason to celabrate.
    Shayna
    Mom to:

"sister" to:

the reason why I have an 85 is social studys is because the the teacher I had makes the stuff interesting for me, and this teacher I had is the ONLY teacher I have ever have 80's in SS with, in elementery I was 2 marks above an F, in grades 9 and 11 I had to study my butt off just to barly pass, becase the way they tought did not keep me interested, while this teacher who I had in grades 10 and 12 , I have rarly had a mark below an 80, and my section test marks were usually in the 90's.

my parents are not pushy about me getting high grades, as long as I pass its a reason to celibrate, as I am not only the first on my dads side of the family to recieve a scholarship, but both my dad AND my brother are high school dropouts, so my passing at all is reason to celabrate.
    Well first of all, Whether you pass or fail shouldn't be determined on the teacher. It shouldn't matter if the teacher is making things "interesting" or not. Your school life is completely in your hands, if you feel things are boring and screw around during class then that is your problem and it should not be blamed on the teacher's skills.

Your not making any sense First you said that if you have marks in the 60s then you could still get into a good university because marks like that were considered good in your school, but then you agreed that you were only talking about the top mark students and how they get into good universities.

So which one is it?

Are you saying that even kids that get fairly crappy marks get into goods universities or not?

Oh, by the way you have spelt university wrong over and over again...I cant help but wonder
    If you went to such a top knotch school, wouldn't you know how to spell that?