Thread: I have had Trouble in my life

I have had Trouble in my life

My Trouble is no longer a kitten. He is about one year old now. Last summer about this time my husband and I were at a grocery store up in Philipsburg. I saw an ad for free kittens and I made the very innocent comment that I wanted a kitten. Now I didn't REALLY want a kitten I just had that momentary lapse in commen sense and suddenly had the urge to hold a sweet fuzzy kitten with little blue kitten eyes and soft sweet little paws. My husband came back with the comment that he wanted a dog. Well some of you have met Sequoia but that is for another thread...this is for Trouble.

Almost 2 months later we were driving home on a hot August evening, the 25th to be exact and as we approached our exit off of the highway on the opposite side of the road, much to my horror, was a small kitten in meatloaf position watching traffice whiz by only inches from him at 70 miles per hour. I yelled...."KITTEN!" and my husband being the perfect man that he is immediatly pulled off to the shoulder without even hesitating. I leaped out of the car and waited till traffic had cleared before I moved towards the kitten. I didn't want him getting scared and running into traffic. Just as I started to cross the road I called...."here kitty kitty kitty" in a soft voice. He turned his head towards me......let out this very loud yowl...and came flying towards me on his little pavement burned kitten feet as fast as he could.

I picked him up and held him tight while he promptly squalled at me as if I was just so late in getting there and then bit my hand as punishment. I put him in the car with the AC while we went back to the shoulder looking for any possible littermates. Alas there was only him. We got back in the car and before we could get the 1/4 of a mile down the road to our home his name came blazing into my mind. TROUBLE!

We took him to the vet the next day and found that he was not only negative on his combo test but he was completely free of any parasites. Not a worm, not a mite, not a flea. His ears were pink and healthy and except for a small burn on his one pad, probably from hot pavement, there wasn't a thing physically wrong with him. They loved him at the vets. He was outgoing, friendly and playful. But no one wanted him. So I took my Troubles home with me.

I am pretty sure that he was purposely bred. This was no stray barn cat. This was a young male with breeding. My vet is pretty sure he is an Ocicat cross. He has the attitude and the bearing. He has the spots, the facial structure and and the musculature. I think he was dumped off because of his biting. He isn't shy about making his needs and wants known. When he has had enough he lets you know. Once his needlesharp baby teeth were replaced my hands stopped bleeding so much and the scars and healing. But he still isn't above taking a chomp out of your foot in the middle of the night or nibbling on your thighs when you are on the toilet and he wants back out of the bathroom.

He has tormented and terrorized all the other cats. He had declared he is there to stay and all much obey him. He will stand in front of the dog and dare her to come after him. This is a husky with serious cat issues. He doesn't care...he is King of HIS Domain and all else must bow to him. But I love him. He has been difficult and trying. He has shredded furniture that the other cats haven't ever even thought of touching. I bought a new 40 dollar throw rug just 3 weeks ago and he is in the process of shredding that. But I still could never ever give up my Troubles. We all must have a little Trouble in our lives right? These pictures aren't the best and they are a couple of months old..he is bigger than this now...but it is all I was able to get on my Photobucket account before my computer at home crashed and burned.

So here he is....HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY TROUBLE MAN!!

Into every life a little Trouble must come! Happy birthday, Trouble!

Happy Birthday Trouble!! Sounds like you had a very scary beginning, but now you are in your furrever home and you are very much loved. Enjoy your day handsome!!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

LOL!! What a sweet, funny, and great story! Life would be so boring without Trouble! He is such a handsome boy and obviously full of it. Just the way I like em!!!

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TROUBLE

Your husband is a doll for stopping, mine would've tried distracting me, in hopes that I didn't see it. He sure is a handsome boy. Thank goodness you came along when you did.

Happy Birthday Trouble! You sure are a pretty cat. Maybe you'll calm down a little as you get older. But your mommy loves you no matter what.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Happy b-day Trouble! What a great story, and a sweet face!

Things happen for a reason!

Happy Birthday Trouble!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Happy birthday Trouble. You sound like you were a handful from day one!

HAPPY FIRST PURRTHDAY,TROUBLE,AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY,MANY MORE.
    AND YOU WILL BRING GOOD FORTUNE,A MILLION TIMES OVER,FOR THAT WONDERFUL COUPLE,THAT HELPED YOU,WHEN YOU NEEDED IT,THE MOST.

HAVE SOME WHISKAS TEMPTATIONS,THEYRE SO GOOOOD!!!!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Troubles story reminds me so much of how Animal Control found Remus a year ago. They said that they found him on the side of the road along with his twin, and no one bothered to stop and grab them
    Whats wierd is Remus is an Ocicat mix too hehe!

Happy Birthday Trouble!! Remus sends a big mmmeeeeooow of good wishes for you on your special day!!

Oh, if only all trouble came in such a handsome package! Thanks for sharing his great story with us! Ah, what's a few scars between friends, right?

Trouble

Happy birthday, little guy! You're much too cute to be such a handful.....
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE