Page 7 of 150 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Ok, well, I posted in the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory thread, already. It was so much fun! YAY!

I also saw War of the Worlds. I was so surprised at how much I liked it. It was intense, and, I thought the ending was really good. It wouldn't have been appropriate in that film to go out with a bang, I don't think. I was pretty scared in some parts, actually, although overall my feeling was one of urgency, like, geez, hurry! Good movie, though. Dakota Fanning annoyed me in parts, but, not any moreso than an actual child her age. Sorry if that offends anyone, she did a great job acting, though. I thought the actor playing Tom Cruise's son was hot. He's probably barely legal, I should wash my mouth out with soap for even saying that.

Another movie preview I saw last night is a Disney live action movie about a golfer. It's called the greatest game ever played. and, it has that adorable boy from the disney show "even stevens", he has an odd name, I can't remember it. He was in that crap piece of a movie, Charlie's Angels 3. Ugh. But, he's so cute, here I go again. Washing my mouth out. It looks good, though!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

The Incredibles

Wow, what a great animated film! I laughed a lot, and, just really enjoyed the movie. I came home last night after a long, hideous day, and, was trying to figure out if I was going to watch Garden State or The Incredibles. I'd never seen the Incredibles, so, I finally decided on that. The only thing that would have made it better was if it had been in widescreen. I borrowed the dvd from someone and it was the fullscreen version, which bugs me. But, it was still a great movie. I highly recommend it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I watched 'Hide & Seek' the other night. Wow that was a weird one. I loved it, and did not guess the ending. I like those psychological thrillers with twists.

I watched 'Finding Neverland' and 'Arizona Dream' last week, 'What's eating Gilbert Grape' on Wednesday, 'From Hell' last night and 'Astronaut's Wife' this afternoon.

(Added to the others I've seen I think might be about a quarter way through the Johnny Depp films now )

Originally posted by ChrisH
    I watched 'Finding Neverland' and 'Arizona Dream' last week, 'What's eating Gilbert Grape' on Wednesday, 'From Hell' last night and 'Astronaut's Wife' this afternoon.

(Added to the others I've seen I think might be about a quarter way through the Johnny Depp films now )
    Awesome, what did you think of them? I've seen those except Arizona Dream and Astronaut's Wife......were those any good?

Arizona Dream was ok ... just an aside, I love it when there are extra/bonus features on a DVD, in this case a long interview with Johnny about the film, which I think I enjoyed more.

I really enjoyed Astronauts Wife. Even though the story/theme isn't a new one I found it to be well paced and intriguing enough to keep me in my seat and interested.

But maybe you shouldn't take any notice of my opinions, the ones I have liked the best, The Brave, Secret Window, Don Juan de Marco have mostly had bad to lukewarm reviews.

Originally posted by ChrisH
    Arizona Dream was ok ... just an aside, I love it when there are extra/bonus features on a DVD, in this case a long interview with Johnny about the film, which I think I enjoyed more.

I really enjoyed Astronauts Wife. Even though the story/theme isn't a new one I found it to be well paced and intriguing enough to keep me in my seat and interested.

But maybe you shouldn't take any notice of my opinions, the ones I have liked the best, The Brave, Secret Window, Don Juan de Marco have mostly had bad to lukewarm reviews.
    I love extras on DVDs, especially bloopers/outtakes and interviews. I'll have to watch those two movies....and, as for the other three you mentioned, I've actually only ever seen Secret Window. I liked it, but, thought the ending was hokey. It almost ruined the whole film for me, I was disappointed. I had made that list of Depp films, and, put that I loved Don Juan de Marco, and, I don't know why. I've never seen it, but, I think I'll like it. I must have just been just so used to typing "loved it" when I did that list.

I haven't watched any movies today, but a few days ago, we went and saw "Batman Begins"...it was really good, I really enjoyed it!!

Thanks Kay!!

~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you~ -Batman Begins

I saw The Island the other day. It was okay.. not too exciting. A bit gross at times.

I'm gonna watch Stealth, Must Love Dogs and Sky High this week. Can't wait!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

A movie I enjoyed was ANGEL EYES, with Jennifer Lopez, unlike most people I like Jennifer's acting, I had taped this on video ages ago and the tape ran out, so I missed the ending, so it was good to see it finally after like a year lol.

My all time favourite was the THORN BIRDS as I am a great Richard Chamberlain fan, I am going to hire it out this week, I have seen it like three times, and I am a person who hates to watch a movie more than once usually, but I can see this one over and over again.

I went and saw the movie ARE WE THERE YET with Melissa, it was a Home alone type movie, but with a different storyline competely, it was quite enjoyable, a little over the top, but had some good comedy lines and some sweet bits in it.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    My all time favourite was the THORN BIRDS as I am a great Richard Chamberlain fan, I am going to hire it out this week, I have seen it like three times, and I am a person who hates to watch a movie more than once usually, but I can see this one over and over again.
    I love that mini-series! Have you ever seen Somewhere in Time with Jane Seymour and Christopher Reeve? If you haven't, you should!

I watched I am Sam tonight with my parents. What a sweet movie. There were parts that brought tears to my eyes, I just think Sean Penn is awesome.

I watched Garden State with my mother today. I said this in my livejournal already, but, I would do just about anything to bottle the feeling I get when I watch that movie. It just fills me to the brim, and, I love it. It's definitely one of my favorites of all time.

12. Today I watched Cellular, it was a VERY good movie! I personally loved it. Action and kind of suspense. I recommend it to anybody!

No Kari I have not seen that movie, but will add it to the list, I am sam is when I fell in love with Sean Penn as an actor, before that I never really knew who he was much except he was once married to Madonna, after that movie I try and see every movie he is in because he is awesome, he deserved an award for that role, cannot remember if he got one or not?

I liked Mystic River as well.

I just got through watching SEX TRAFFIC a two part series on the TV, it was very good, sad though, about illegal trafficking of women in sarajevo, not sure if it was based on true story or not, if so it was terrible, these poor women were treated so bad it was disgusting.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Originally posted by carole
    No Kari I have not seen that movie, but will add it to the list, I am sam is when I fell in love with Sean Penn as an actor, before that I never really knew who he was much except he was once married to Madonna, after that movie I try and see every movie he is in because he is awesome, he deserved an award for that role, cannot remember if he got one or not?

I liked Mystic River as well.
    OH. MY. GOSH. Carole, you absolutely must see Somewhere in Time! My mother loves that movie and The Thornbirds. I think it's nearly impossible to like one and not the other.

I can't remember when I really started liking Sean Penn. It's been before I am Sam, though, I k now that much. I really liked him in Hurly Burly and Sweet and Lowdown, those are two off the top of my head. And, Mystic River was a great, disturbing movie. He was incredible.

Sean and Johnny Depp are my all time favs, I just watched Secret Window in the weekend for the second time, just to see Johnny.

I will see if my son can get the movie for me this week when he goes back to work.
    Furangels only lent.