Page 6 of 150 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by ParNone
    If you're looking for hard core Sci Fi or heart pounding, hands over your eyes Horror, you might be disappointed. But if you're just after a suspenseful roller coaster ride, with the main plot purpose being to survive, then you'll enjoy this.

Par...
    This gives me a little bit of hope. Very nice review!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Originally posted by ParNone
    I was not planning on seeing War of the Worlds, because everything I've read said it was a lousy movie. But the other night, I stumbled on a documentary on AMC, focused on old Sci Fi and Horror movies with commentary from George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and James Cameron. They happened to show a clip from War of the Worlds, by Spielberg, and it looked really compelling, so off we went last night to see it.

I gotta say I really liked it. I've never read the book or viewed the original movie, so that might have helped. I was able to go into it with an open mind. Plus, my expectations were somewhat low.

I viewed it more as a survival movie and I love that kind of story line. I found it very suspenseful and spent most of the movie screaming out in my head "RUUUUNNNNNNN". After that yawner of Star Wars III, it was quite refreshing. There was no time for the characters to just stand around talking about the plot, cuz they were too busy running for their lives.

If you're looking for hard core Sci Fi or heart pounding, hands over your eyes Horror, you might be disappointed. But if you're just after a suspenseful roller coaster ride, with the main plot purpose being to survive, then you'll enjoy this.

Par...
    EXACTLY!! I wish you could have helped me explain that to my husband, Par...lol. He didn't care for the movie and all he kept saying was "there wasn't any plot to the movie and it was just that little girl screaming all the time". HELLO! It was about one family's attempt to SURVIVE and we were witnessing that.

I'm watching The Terminal, I like it so far.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

The Terminal

Yeah, so, I watched that tonight. I liked it. It's not the best movie ever. Definitely not the best of Tom Hanks' movies. It was sweet, though, I laughed and it felt good. Not one I'd watch multiple times, but, it was nice.

I saw Fantastic Four today. Some parts were funny but I found most of the movie really cheesy. Overall, I didn't enjoy it.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Originally posted by binka_nugget
    I saw Fantastic Four today. Some parts were funny but I found most of the movie really cheesy. Overall, I didn't enjoy it.
    I've been wanting to hear a review...it kinda looked lame in the trailer. Those comic book films are so hit and miss, it's hard to tell.

I watched Batman (the first one) tonight. Man, I love that movie!

Just saw the The Machinist... and both me and my partner enjoyed the movie, but in the end felt it a bit TOO weird! And that's from 2 people that loved weird movies!

Can I just ask... has anyone seen Dead Birds? Loved it - loved it - loved it!!! Haven't been that scared from a film since I was 14, and saw Pet Cemetary!

Sylvie, KS' mom
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

We watched Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy with Will Ferrell and I have to say it really wasn't all that good. I expected it to be a little funnier than it was.
    There were some good parts but mostly it was just stupid (and I even like stupid movies!).

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by King Spartacus
    Just saw the The Machinist...

has anyone seen Dead Birds?
    My brother saw the Machinist, and, I want to. I've heard mixed reviews, but, I still plan to see it.

I haven't seen Dead Birds, I need to tell my brother about it, he loves scary movies!

I watched Lilo & Stitch today, very cute movie.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Originally posted by finn's mom
    I haven't seen Dead Birds, I need to tell my brother about it, he loves scary movies!
    Dead Bird is one of the strangest film I've ever seen (and VERY scary!!!)... It's a western, well, that's what you kind of believe in the begining anyway, which then turns into a suspence film, and from there turns into horror!

It's VERY low budget, but it's all in the way they use the music, and it's really, really scary! If anyone has any plans on seeing it: Do NOT see it alone, but DO see it in the dark!!!

Best wishes, Sylvie, KS' mom
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

Originally posted by finn's mom
    I've been wanting to hear a review...it kinda looked lame in the trailer.
    Here are some press reviews of Fantastic Four
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...lm/4665469.stm

Last night I watched "The Big Chill".

One of my all time favorites. Great movie and great soundtrack!

I saw Wedding Crashers last night. Oh gosh.. it was HILLARIOUS! I'm definitely seeing it again.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after summer school yesterday, it was funny. See my sig for my all time favorite quote that I agree with 100%!

Niņo & Eliza