Page 52 of 150 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I watched Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby last night. That movie was super funny! I laughed out loud many times throughout it! If you like comedy, then I recommend this movie for you.

Couple days ago I saw the movie Benchwamers. That movie was also funny, but it was more like a dumb funny. I still liked the movie a lot!
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

I went and saw Descent yesterday ..it was good, i mean it wasnt terrifing, it had its moments though.. i think the small places the people were crawling through creeped me out the most honestly, im so claustrophoic, i seriously had a hard time breathing during a few of the scenes

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisH
    Thanks, I'm glad you thought my Dead Mans Chest review fitted what you thought too Aylssa. What didn't you understand about the ending though? I may - and I mean may because it is a bit puzzling - be able to explain.
    I don't want to give anything about the movie away to anyone who didn't see it so I'll try not to use names. How did Captain B. Come back at the end when he was killed in the first one? That's what I don't get, it's way to confusing. POTC 2 was a great movie and all but it was rather confusing at the end.

I guess I didn't like "Charlie and the chocolate factory" because JD looked really bad in it, IMO. I didn't even know it was him when they first made the previews and all for it. I only like him as a Pirate and as himself. Also, I don't like how they changed the whole plot and all, with Willy Wonka's father and all. I liked the first one alot more.

EDITED: I also watched Scary Movie 3 2 days ago. It was very funny.

nothing today, but yesterday I watched Oliver Twist, because I saw the Movie Twist and its like this twisted version of Oliver twist so I wanted to see the real Oliver twist to compare it too, they kept the names and overall storyline, but Twist is more about Dodger then Oliver, and Oliver is a 17 year old orphan who ran away from his foster home and met Dodger who helped Oliver into his world of being a hustler, and both Dodger and Oliver are gay and Oliver likes Doger but Dodger hates Oliver, nancy gets killed by bill, Fagen kills himself for ratting on nancy, Dodgers brother visits, Dodger get uset and broken down, oliver was shut out the the person offering him a better life, Oliver makes a move on Dodger, Dodger beats Oliver up then kills Bill and there it ends lol but if you change the real Oliver twist to these details its actually follows the exact same storyline minus the happy ending and the workhouse boy beginning.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

guess I didn't like "Charlie and the chocolate factory" because JD looked really bad in it, IMO. I didn't even know it was him when they first made the previews and all for it. I only like him as a Pirate and as himself. Also, I don't like how they changed the whole plot and all, with Willy Wonka's father and all. I liked the first one alot more.
    really? I actually liked this new one way better then the first one, Charlie and the chocolate factory actually explains WHY Willy Wonka is the way he is, and WHY he was locked away for 20 years, and he actually behaves like he has been in isolation, sure I miss the old oompaloompas but in the first one the loompas pretty much were the entire movie, and Wonka was just some random etcentric like any other, with no real reason for being like he was, and not really acting like he has been isolated, he was just, there. I found the end a bit cheesy, but overall I thought it was waaaaayy better made.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese_Love
    I don't want to give anything about the movie away to anyone who didn't see it so I'll try not to use names. How did Captain B. Come back at the end when he was killed in the first one? That's what I don't get, it's way to confusing. POTC 2 was a great movie and all but it was rather confusing at the end.
    I think I've tried to answer this before, but I'll try again, even if it was directed towars Chris, I can't pass up anything that has to do with PotC!

*SPOILERS*

I think Captain B. came back because of something Tia Dalma did. Nobody knows for sure, but that is the most logical reason. The whole cliffhanger ending will probably be solved during the third movie. Earlier in the movie, when they first go visit Tia Dalma, you can see Barbossa's hat, and Jack is even 'playing' with it (examining it, obviously recognizing something). Then when Tia lets monkey Jack out of the cage, he runs and jumps on a pair of boots, and starts going all crazy, possibly noticing his 'master'. I hope that cleared it up a little. Maybe Chris can explain it better.
    Sparrabeth- Never say we Die!

No matter what Ted and Terry wrote, Jack and Liz love each other.

I watched V for Vendetta yesterday and I Looooooooooooooved it!!

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

Quote Originally Posted by dogzr#1
    I think I've tried to answer this before, but I'll try again, even if it was directed towars Chris, I can't pass up anything that has to do with PotC!

*SPOILERS*

I think Captain B. came back because of something Tia Dalma did. Nobody knows for sure, but that is the most logical reason. The whole cliffhanger ending will probably be solved during the third movie. Earlier in the movie, when they first go visit Tia Dalma, you can see Barbossa's hat, and Jack is even 'playing' with it (examining it, obviously recognizing something). Then when Tia lets monkey Jack out of the cage, he runs and jumps on a pair of boots, and starts going all crazy, possibly noticing his 'master'. I hope that cleared it up a little. Maybe Chris can explain it better.
    Now I get it,Thank you, I never even noticed the hat and boots though, seriously, I guess I really paying attention then.

The Burning Bed with Farrah Fawcett.
    It's based on a true story about
    domestic physical abuse.
    It really made me cringe the way this guy beat this girl over and over and the police never did anything.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

I watched In Country last night, with Bruce Willis and Emily Lloyd. I had read the book a few times over the last couple of years, and was interested in what they did with the movie. It was ok i guess.... and i only paid $6 for it hehe.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    I saw Taladega (I know I spelled that incorrectly) Nights, that was really funny. The children got on my nerves, but, I did laugh a lot, so, that's something.

I saw that someone didn't like the movie Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I think any time you compare a remake to the "original", you will probably be disappointed, just because that's the one you saw first and if you loved it (which a lot of people did and a lot of people didn't...including the author, Roald Dahl - he hated it!), it's hard to accept a different version. But, just from reading the book first, the newer version is far truer to the author's vision. I didn't really care one way or the other for the added insight to Wonka's past, that's mostly filler from what I have heard, as the book is short. But, I think I actually enjoyed this version better. Johnny Depp is more like Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka, and, I also liked that the newer version is more about Charlie than anyone else. And, he is, after all, the hero of the story.

Just as a disclaimer, though, I absolutely love both film versions.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Anybody remember Born Free? You young whipper snappers may not know of this movie. It's from the 60's. Well after many many years, I watched it again and it was AWESOME! It's one of the best movies ever. I just love Elsa.
    I love Fenway, JoJo, Olivia and Nonnie!

I watched the "Princess Diaries 2" this morning. I never have seen it but in theaters, so I didn't really remember it. Cute movie but just a little to predictable. I LOVE Fat Louie.

I watched Bring It On -All Or Nothing, last night it was good. Tonight I'm seeing Bring It On (I never saw that one )

Sylvia
    With Gwyneth Paltro as Sylvia Plath. About the marriage of poets Sylvia Plath and Edward Hughes.
    Good movie. Haunting. It left me worrying for her children though.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.