Page 144 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4494134135136137138139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,146 to 2,160 of 2246

Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Breaking Dawn! Awesome movie! Three of us went to see all four movies yesterday, Twilight starting at 4, Breaking Dawn at midnight.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I just finished Robin Hood (the BBC series from 2006) and let me tell you, I have rarely been so emotionally involved in a television show. I'm planning on making one of Maid Marian's costumes from the second series as soon as I finish the costume I'm making for the annual Doctor Who convention next week.

But I've also been watching, between today and yesterday North & South (for of Richard Armitage, of course) an eight part mini series about the Tower of London, and a really neat film called Life in a Day, where people all around the world were given cameras for the 24th of July 2010 and they just filmed their day. It was all brilliantly edited together.

Niņo & Eliza

Went to the preview screening last night of NEW YEARS EVE, gotta say loved it, nice movie, i never was a hilary swank fan, but have to say she really looked beautiful in this movie, good cast, nice humour, just a nice movie, and of course had hottie jon bon jovi, a nice piece of eye candy for me lol.

I rate it 8/10

Mary did you have any trouble following the storyline at times in "Anonymous" coz we did, however we did get it in the end, and yes the men were lovely eye candy weren 't they?

I saw CONTAGION a few weeks, back, was not too bad a movie, nothing fantastic, but not bad either, 6/10 and saw THE BEGINNERS, i liked this movie, it did not go exactly where i wanted it to go, and was a bit different but i did enjoy it, love ewan mcgregor in it and the french actress is beautiful, 7/10.

Did i mention the australian film RED DOG, you all have to see this, it is based on a true story, take your tissues though, and i will say no more, 8/10 plus for me, LOVED IT.

Going to see THE IRON LADY , and ALBERT NOBBS next week.
    Last edited by carole; 12-07-2011 at 07:15 PM.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

From 1981 - Chariots of Fire

Wonderful movie

I watched a movie on cable called "Buck" about a real life "horse whisperer" - guy, Buck Brannaman. There were terribly sad parts of it - his own childhood was brutal - and one horse is too mentally damaged and gets put to sleep (not on screen), but it is worth watching for anyone who loves horses.
    I've Been Frosted

Last movie was The Notebook. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0332280/

Really good movie. I'd watch any movie with Gena Rowlands in it.
    Terrific actress.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Wanted. Entertaining, and I loved James McAvoy's performance. My favorite part in the movie was when he got his pay back with his horrible boss and his lying best friend. It was a brilliant scene haha

Angelina Jolie is the reason it took me so long to see this movie, I really don't enjoy her at all anymore, and seeing her completely nude just made me really sad for her. She was practically skin and bones and I just don't understand how anyone finds that sexy or hot. I have friends who have eating disorders and I'm not saying they're not beautiful people, despite their disease and what it has done to their bodies. I'm also not implying that Angelina Jolie has an eating disorder, but, in my opinion, she looked nearly skeletal in the movie, and I just don't understand why she is cast in a movie that is so physically charged. I don't understand how she's even able to walk in heels, her legs are nothing but bone.

My point is that James McAvoy, despite not being the typical "leading man" type, like Hugh Jackman or Russell Crowe, Brad Pitt or George Clooney . . . I totally believed in his character and what he was doing on screen (although it was completely over the top, with bending bullets and such). It was never at any point, believable that someone in Angelina Jolie's physical condition could do half of what the character was doing.

Anyway . . . I wasn't expecting to type all that, but since I have . . . I might as well submit it. Overall, it was fun to watch, and had a fun soundtrack, but not the best movie I've seen recently.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Kari i read her unauthorised biography, she is indeed one strange,mixed up young lady,cannot remember if it said she had an eating disorder, as was a while back i read the book.

Went to see the latest MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, loved this movie, so much action, was not bored for sure, some humor and female and Male eye candy, never been much of a fan of Tom, but loved him in this,not even my type of movie generally, but really enjoyed it 8/10.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Kari i read her unauthorised biography, she is indeed one strange,mixed up young lady,cannot remember if it said she had an eating disorder, as was a while back i read the book.

Went to see the latest MISSION IMPOSSIBLE, loved this movie, so much action, was not bored for sure, some humor and female and Male eye candy, never been much of a fan of Tom, but loved him in this,not even my type of movie generally, but really enjoyed it 8/10.

I like her well enough, but she certainly has lost the physical sex appeal, at least in my opinion. I remember her as Lara Croft, that's when I thought she was sexy!

I want to see the newest Mission movie, although I'm not a fan of that style either, really. I LOVE Simon Pegg, though. Glad to hear it was fun!

I haven't been watching any movies but I've been watching QI and Stephen Fry in America. Oh and of course series two of Sherlock finally. There are only three 90 minute episodes per series and the third airs this coming Sunday.

Niņo & Eliza

I'm about to watch the last episode of Sherlock! (It's like a movie, it's 90 minutes long)

Niņo & Eliza

"Black Swan"

Don't really know what I thought about this movie. Crazy. I thought Natalie Portman did a great job, but overall I didn't really care for the movie.

Blog Entries
    Saw War Horse the other night. It is action packed & if you like feisty horses it is a movie to see.
    The frost is on the pumpkin & I've been BOO'D by two pet talk ghosts.
    Thank you Fritz & Cassiesmom

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee View Post
    "Black Swan"

Don't really know what I thought about this movie. Crazy. I thought Natalie Portman did a great job, but overall I didn't really care for the movie.
    I enjoyed it, but it definitely was weird weird weird.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom View Post
    I enjoyed it, but it definitely was weird weird weird.
    I gotta say i did not like it at all.

I have just seen TINKER ,TAILOR,SOLDIER ,SPY.I have to say i have never been so bored in all my life, there was no excitement, just boring talking and meetings in this movie, and i really lost track of what was going on, that did not help either, and NO eye candy, well apart from COLIN FIRTH and even he was not looking that great, and maybe the blond guy in the movie,The rest were just plain downright UGLY, i was curious what my hubby thought, as he will watch almost anything, lol, he summed it up well, "I would rather sit and watch paint dry.

I was totally surprised, i was so looking forward to this movie, as they are raving about it and it is British, which i prefer really,but nope all i can say it was a free movie thank goodness, but still a waste of our time to make the effort to go and see it 3/10 from me, and that was for the killings in the movie, as the only exciting thing that really happened, and for colin making an appearance.
    Furangels only lent.