Page 5 of 150 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

We rented "In Good Company" the other day...it was ok, nothing great

Can anyone give me their opinions on these movies which are screening over the school holidays here in the next two weeks.

FIVE CHILDREN AND IT.

THE SISTERHOOD OF THE TRAVELLING PANTS.

FANTASTIC FOUR.

THE LONGEST YARD.

HERBIE RELOADED.

Thank you.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by carole
    Can anyone give me their opinions on these movies which are screening over the school holidays here in the next two weeks.

FIVE CHILDREN AND IT.

FANTASTIC FOUR.

THE LONGEST YARD.

HERBIE RELOADED.

Thank you.
    I haven't seen any of them! I'm not sure about any of them.....I know my sister-in-law has the sisterhood book, but, I have no idea what it's actually about. The Fantastic Four looks cool, but, I usually end up not liking those kinds of movies. The Longest Yard and Herbie Reloaded look funny, I loved the originals, but, haven't heard any reviews yet. And, what's Five Children about?! I am sorry I can't help you out, but, I thought I'd give this a bump.....
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Thanks Kari, I have no idea really what any of the movies are about except herbie reloaded, they are all on at our local movie theatre right now, sometimes we are ahead of US sometimes behind, more the latter, but just wondered if anyone has seen them and can review them for me, nothing like the PT critics to give one an idea of what is what lol.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Troy. I LOVE that movie... and I LOVE Brad Pitt!

Thanks Kari, I have no idea really what any of the movies are about except herbie reloaded, they are all on at our local movie theatre right now, sometimes we are ahead of US sometimes behind, more the latter, but just wondered if anyone has seen them and can review them for me, nothing like the PT critics to give one an idea of what is what lol.
    I know the Fantastic Four is along the lines of Xmen, it's a comic book type action movie. And, The Longest Yard is a remake of a football movie. I've seen the original, and, remember liking it, but, that's about it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Got a free used DVD in Jan but never used it. This past weekend I went to Blockbuster and rented "Hitch" with Will Smith and "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" with Tyler Perry. Thank God for Blockbuster's new return policy cause I haven't had time to watch the 2nd one yet. Plus my Blockbuster membership expired but I think I looked sick and in pain with my back brace so the adorable young guy let me have them anyway. LOL! Man! That wretched back brace comes in handy! Going to try to catch "War of the Worlds" this week with some friends -senior citizen matinee!

I've been Boooo'd!

FIVE CHILDREN AND IT.

FANTASTIC FOUR.

THE LONGEST YARD.

HERBIE RELOADED.

Thank you.
    Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants was okay. Not terrible.. not memorable.

Fantastic four looks fantastic! It hasn't been released yet though. I'll probably watch it within the next few days.

The Longest Yard was hillarious. I kept going in to watch it on my breaks (at least 10 times) and I never got sick of it. Definitely recommend it.

Herbie.. I saw part of it. It looked... blah.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Yesterday we watched "Are we there yet?" (kinda cute) and "Hide and Seek" (kinda slow in the beginning but a pretty good movie).

The Longest Yard was funny. I really got into that one. Haven't seen the others though

I would recommend The Longest Yard. Me and my fiancee saw it yesterday, it was funny.
    Amber: Mom to Connor, Carson, Sadie, Maggie and Grant

Thanks Binka and Kari, I have just read about FIVE CHILDREN AND IT, it is a British movie set in London about a father being away at war and the mother nursing the wounded, the children are sent to their uncle in an old run down mansion by the sea,while exploring they find a secret passage, leading to a strange beach where they dig up an 8,000 year old Psammead fairy who can grant them a wish everyday, so suddenly their enforced stay with nutty relatives turns out to be the most exciting summer in their lives.

It only has a two star rating, so does not sound great, probably enjoyable for younger children.
    Last edited by carole; 07-07-2005 at 05:29 PM.
    Furangels only lent.

I watched the Witches of Eastwick with my friend. Haha, its a classic.

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

Just got back from watching Batman Begins. It was so good, I really enjoyed it. It was dark and cool, really put all the pieces together in the story about Batman. The fight scenes are great, and, the characters are really cool. Definitely recommend it, Christian Bale is truly a beautiful man. Ack, I love a man in a suit.

I was not planning on seeing War of the Worlds, because everything I've read said it was a lousy movie. But the other night, I stumbled on a documentary on AMC, focused on old Sci Fi and Horror movies with commentary from George Lucas, Steven Spielberg and James Cameron. They happened to show a clip from War of the Worlds, by Spielberg, and it looked really compelling, so off we went last night to see it.

I gotta say I really liked it. I've never read the book or viewed the original movie, so that might have helped. I was able to go into it with an open mind. Plus, my expectations were somewhat low.

I viewed it more as a survival movie and I love that kind of story line. I found it very suspenseful and spent most of the movie screaming out in my head "RUUUUNNNNNNN". After that yawner of Star Wars III, it was quite refreshing. There was no time for the characters to just stand around talking about the plot, cuz they were too busy running for their lives.

If you're looking for hard core Sci Fi or heart pounding, hands over your eyes Horror, you might be disappointed. But if you're just after a suspenseful roller coaster ride, with the main plot purpose being to survive, then you'll enjoy this.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards