Page 3 of 150 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

Par, you know I've thought about that a lot. I think the biggest thing is this: The script for the first three was corny and cliche too, but the difference is the actors seemed to know this and they almost come across as exaggerating it and enjoying it, having fun with it. You know what I mean? These actors, they are good actors, but they took a bad script and had to act it out seriously, whereas the first three a lot of the time had humorous undertones and the actors seemed to be having fun with it. I sensed a really good chemistry between the actors in the first three too. I could imagine them sitting around laughing and joking in between takes.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Which may come back to directing. It may be Lucas taking himself too serious, when that dialogue just screams out to be campy. I think Harrison, Mark and Carrie do not get enough credit for making it work. Chemistry can really rise above it all. Look at Shatner, he's made a whole career on bad/campy acting.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Originally posted by ParNone
    I keep trying to analyze why the first 3 worked so well and the last 3 Star Wars haven't. There was a sense of fun and adventure. They really do harken back to the B westerns and swashbuckling movies of the past. Maybe he's taking himself too serious in these last 3, hence why he chose the actors he did and why the scripts are lacking.

I dunno, I think George really lost focus on what made the first three so good.
    I know for me, it's because I was a kid when I saw the first three. Now, that I'm older, they mostly are good to me because they bring back such good memories. I think the scripts are just as crappy in the originals, I have thought that for a long time. I've talked to kids that are the age I was when I remember seeing these movies, and, they get the same feelings about the new ones that I remember getting about the old movies. I think Lucas is using the same formula, and, still trying to aim it at a younger audience. I don't know, that's how I've always felt about it.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Woo hoo, I'm glad I started this thread! This is exactly what I was hoping would happen!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

I swear I rewatch the first ones mostly to see Harrison Ford and his facial expressions and hear his corny swashbuckling lines. He has the best facial expressions, especially that crooked goofy grin of his. He is definitely one of my all-time favorite people to watch on the screen, especially his campy action movies, Star Wars and Indiana Jones.

Lucas, himself, has admitted that dialogue isn't his strong suit. I have to admit that the best parts of the movie were when everyone got to shut up and act.

As for what I watched over the weekend:

Cool Runnings - the ending of which is still sappy enough to get me bawling like a baby

Beverly Hills Ninja - Well, bits and pieces anyway. I had the tv on just for background noise when that was on

Antz - I wish I got Cartoon Network in clearer, but I guess I can't complain since I'm really not supposed to be getting it at all.

I rented the whole OC season and Im watching it right now.

I *love* the OC

Originally posted by CagneyDog
    I rented the whole OC season and Im watching it right now.

I *love* the OC
    That's a tv show, right?

Originally posted by finn's mom
    That's a tv show, right?
    Yup...

haha I know its techically not a movie

This is a fun post, Kari. Over the weekend, we rented "Hitch" and "Coach Carter". We laughed at Hitch and enjoyed Coach Carter very much, too. Whoever said that Samuel L. Jackson is a good actor, I totally agree. What a performance!

Hey Kelly, we watched 4 episodes of Monk yesterday, too! I had only seen it once or twice, never realized what a "sad" story is built into that series! I told Scott we have to watch the new episode this coming Friday, now. I loved it!

Logan

I watched Cellular. It is one great movie. Keeps you on the edge of your seats throughout the movie!

I'm borrowing ALIAS I, II, III seasons from a friend!

I love it!! mysteric surprises are must. (espidoses from TV show, but never knew it until I saw my friend has them and reccomended me).

just watched monsters, inc last night for 18th time! when it was in theatre, I watched it 14 times!! then got a dvd as a gift and never stopped watching. their effect's champ!!
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

My niece was up this weekend, so I was watching Shrek 2, Shark Tales, and the Fox and the Hound over and over again...

But last night I watched my favorite movie...The Cat Returns.
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

At last Kari you have finally got a movie thread going, I love to read everyone's comments on different movies, and then make my own mind up whether to rent it or go see it.

As I mentioned in another thread I have just seen FINDING NEVERLAND on video, it was indeed a lovely movie, but I found it a little disappointing because the hype surrounding it made it a bit of a let down for me personally, but Johnny still lived up to my expectations as he always does , I also knew the ending more or less, so that spoilt it a little for me, but all in all I would give it a 7 out of Ten I think.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

The Fox and the Hound was my absolute FAVORITE movie as a little kid. I had one of those old record/storybooks of it that I listened to constantly