Thread: movies you watched today

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by carole View Post
    Kari i have just seen the movie Due Date today, and i have to say i was so wrong about this movie I LOVED IT...9/10 from me.
    YAY!!!!! I loved it, too. It had a lot of heart! I laughed pretty constantly, and it definitely tugged at my heart strings!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

The Expendables- A good guy flick and fun if they decide to do sequels.

Kick A$$- Stupid, no redeemable value.

The Fourth Kind-A good thriller/scary movie.

The Accidental Tourist on cable... I thought the Oscar should have gone to the Corgi instead of Geena Davis!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I've watched a series and a half of the Doctor Who fan film called Doctor Who: The Eleventh Regeneration in about as many days! (It was started before they cast Matt Smith as the Eleventh Doctor)
    While series two is getting much better in the production, there's something about that home movie feel that I just love. That's why even though they're almost laughable, I just LOVE series one of Time Agent. Kids running about pretending to be adults, a lovable cyborg kid determined to make sure his caretaker gets his sausage rolls, chickens in the garden, yep, this is entertainment!

Niņo & Eliza

Boys Don't Cry is a very sad tale of pre-transgendered youth trying to find his way in the world and the cruel consequences that occur as a result. Feeling male inside, Brandon was born of a female body, but lives as a male. This confused kid's use of chicanery leads to murder when a couple of ex cons fear Brandon will testify against them.
    Religion is a smile on a dog.

It's raining cats and dogs!!!
    SPCA HOUSTON
    HABITAT FOR HORSES
    When it's in your best interest, practice obedience.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHARD View Post
    The Expendables- A good guy flick and fun if they decide to do sequels.

Kick A$$- Stupid, no redeemable value.

I've been meaning to watch The Expendables! I LOVED KickA**.

We watched How To Train Your Dragon and The Other Guys this weekend. Both were really great! ...Dragon was gorgeous and so sweet, I loved it. the characters were all really lovable. And ...Guys was totally unexpected and we laughed nonstop!

I can't wait to see Black Swan, and I kinda want to see Burlesque, too, although I'm not expecting much out of it. Eye and ear candy, possibly, but not much more. Maybe I'll be surprised.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

7. Red Planet

We watched the Book of Eli yesterday - an odd, odd ending, pretty dark post-apocalyptic tale, but not without hope.
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    We watched the Book of Eli yesterday - an odd, odd ending, pretty dark post-apocalyptic tale, but not without hope.
    That was a twist, wasn't it?

I don't take my water for granted.

I watched ''The Town" Directed and Starring Ben Affleck. I'm not a
    Affleck Fan but this was entertaining if you like Cop and Robber movies. It had a 50's ending , i'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what that means.

Kokopup i have to agree with your review on The Town, i found it quite good, not the best movie i have ever seen or the worst, probably rate it a 6/10,not sure i would have paid to see it though, luckily i had free tickets, so it did not matter.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

watched "The Deer Hunter" on cable last night - I know it's been ranked as one of the 100 best movies of all time but I had nightmares after watching it.

I really want to see "How Do You Know" - one of the Chicago film critics said to ignore all the reviewers that didn't like it, and don't miss it. Also... the upcoming movie "Contagion" was filming along the Metra tracks in Western Springs, one town over from me and a LOT of people saw Matt Damon! How cool is that?!! (he's too young for me but he still makes me drool) So- good old Western Springs had a brush with fame!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by kokopup View Post
    I watched ''The Town" Directed and Starring Ben Affleck. I'm not a
    Affleck Fan but this was entertaining if you like Cop and Robber movies. It had a 50's ending , i'll leave it to your imagination to figure out what that means.

I watched this last night and really enjoyed it. I like Ben Affleck but I'm not a huge fan, but I have to say that I was really really impressed with him in this movie. He did an outstanding job.

"The Fighter" w/Christian Bale and Mark Wahlberg. If Bale doesn't get at least a nomination for the Oscar, I'll be surprised. Based on a true story and Bale nailed the guy and his mannerisms. Excellent movie!
    Blessings,
    Mary

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all." Ecclesiastes 9:11

Seven Years in Tibet starring Brad Pitt. This is an Outstanding movie IMO.
    I gave it 4.5+ of 5 stars which I don't do often.

http://www.space.net.au/~lmccorry/seven_years1.htm