Page 86 of 150 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 2246

Thread: movies you watched today

Just got home from seeing Doubt, with Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Very powerful movie.

Meryl Streep amazes me. We last saw her in Mama Mia as a carefree unwed mother; now she's a nun - the kind that would hit you on the knuckles with a ruler. What a gifted actress.

Heist- *** Huge Gene Hackman fan, good story.

Fracture **** Good movie. "Hannibal" finally gets his!

No Reservations **** Not a chick flick kinda dude, Love CZJ....Would do her dishes any day. The kid in the movie was really good. I don't like kid actors, but she was exceptional.

Jumpers * I love sci fi, but this movie sucked. No history or background as to why you can jump!

Transformers * WTFWT? Again, I love sci fi, but I could not tel what was going on with all the special effects. Dumb.
    Last edited by RICHARD; 01-07-2009 at 04:21 PM.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    The Duchess with Keira Knightley. I'm not a huge fan of hers, per se, but I really enjoyed this movie. It's based on actual people and events, and is pretty accurate, from the bits of knowledge I have about the people. Great movie.

David and I started watching John Adams last night, and wow, it is incredible. It's not a movie, really, but a mini-series that was on HBO. We've only watched the first two parts, though, and I can't wait to see the rest!

An older one I watched the other night, The Thing Called Love, with Samantha Mathis and River Phoenix, Sandra Bullock and Dermot Mulroney. It's full of music and I love it. The soundtrack is excellent and I think it's either Phoenix's last or close to his last movie. All the actors I listed sing in the movie!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post
    Just got home from seeing Doubt, with Meryl Streep and Philip Seymour Hoffman. Very powerful movie.

Meryl Streep amazes me. We last saw her in Mama Mia as a carefree unwed mother; now she's a nun - the kind that would hit you on the knuckles with a ruler. What a gifted actress.
    YOu know, I never saw any of PSH movies and lately he has shown up in quite a few.....I loved him in C Wilson's war and last night I saw RED DRAGON and he played the reporter that gets invovled with the mass killer....

Graet actor.

------------------

I also watched CONEHEADS again and was amazed at all the stars that were in that movies.....A good 'see' even just for the people you recognize!

Past few days -

Double Jeopardy, 1999, with Ashley Judd, Tommie Lee Jones. Lots of action and I was so glad when she shot the creep.

On The Beach - the original from 1959, with Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Ava Gardner, Tony Perkins.

Delaware, USA - The First State/Diamond State - home of The Blue Hens
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace View Post

On The Beach - the original from 1959, with Gregory Peck, Fred Astaire, Ava Gardner, Tony Perkins.
    Wow - my all time favorite. I bought the DVD of the original and was sorta hoping that it would have been remastered(?) in color, but I still like it better in b&w even over the made for t.v. version.

I think everyone should watch this at least once. It really makes you think, doesn't it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wolfy ~ Fuzzbutt #3
    My little dog ~ a heartbeat at my feet

Sparky the Fuzzbutt - PT's DOTD 8/3/2010
    RIP 2/28/1999~10/9/2012
    Myndi the Fuzzbutt - Mom's DOTD - Everyday
    RIP 1/24/1996~8/9/2013
    Ellie - Mom to the Fuzzbuttz

To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.
    Ecclesiastes 3:1
    The clock of life is wound but once and no man has the power
    To know just when the hands will stop - on what day, or what hour.
    Now is the only time you have, so live it with a will -
    Don't wait until tomorrow - the hands may then be still.
    ~~~~true author unknown~~~~

13 going on 30 xD
    Dogs//Wolves//Animals=:

I saw "Taken" recently. Surprisingly excellent movie! I didn't expect it to be good as I heard it was low budget and kind of weird. The guy was better then James Bond at killing Bad guys! It was kind of fake, but it was pretty good. I enjoyed it. It was about an Ex-spies daughter being kidnapped and going into the Bosnian(or some other 'B' country) sex slave trade, he goes to rescue her and eventually does. It was pretty cool.

Lion King 2: Simba's Pride. I hadn't seen it in years but it was very good, obviously. I love the Lion King!

I haven't watched very many movies lately.

A few months ago I watched P.S. I love you. I cried the WHOLE way through it. But I think that was mainly because me and my Irish boyfriend had just broken up. Any time I hear someone with that accent I cry and start missing what I had. The Irish accent is so beautiful to me. I loved that movie.

And then last night I watched August Rush. I loved that movie as well. The music was wonderful in it. And it had some good eye candy as well.

Over the holidays I saw "The Tale of Despereaux" which was very cute. I also saw "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" which was very very good. A bit long in some parts but an interesting story.

my BF and I borrowed "The Gift" and "Transformers" the other night. The Gift was pretty good, but I really loved Transformers. It brought back so many memories of my old toys!!

On my list of must sees is "Milk", "The Wrestler", "The Reader", "Revolutionary Road", "Marley and Me"... I can't wait for "Where the Wild Things Are" when that finally comes out!!!

I saw The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" today. It was SO good. I cried like a baby and noticed everyone around me was crying too. It was so sweet, and the cast was outstanding!

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Quote Originally Posted by sumbirdy View Post
    I haven't watched very many movies lately.

A few months ago I watched P.S. I love you. I cried the WHOLE way through it. But I think that was mainly because me and my Irish boyfriend had just broken up. Any time I hear someone with that accent I cry and start missing what I had. The Irish accent is so beautiful to me. I loved that movie.
    I'm not sure it was just you...I cried through the whole thing too. I watached it on HBO about a month ago.
    Then I saw Marley and Me last week, and cried through most of it. Last night I watched A Walk to Remember, and cried through most of that too. I went to bed asking myself, why do I keep watching these movies that I know I'm going to cry all the way through?!?

We also watched a movie called Jumpers the other night. I had not heard of it before, but it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by pomtzu View Post
    Wow - my all time favorite. I bought the DVD of the original and was sorta hoping that it would have been remastered(?) in color, but I still like it better in b&w even over the made for t.v. version.

I think everyone should watch this at least once. It really makes you think, doesn't it?
    I was thinking the exact same thing as I watched it - it should be required viewing for everyone, not just in this country but the world.

Tonight I just watched Hans Christian Andersen, 1952, with Danny Kaye. I still remember most of the songs by heart.

I just watched Minority Report with Tom Cruise.

Good movie!

"Old dogs are like old shoes: they are comfortable. They may be a bit
    out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well."
    NEW ADDITION: 6 lovely Rhode Island Reds!

"My, what nice hair you have....Have you ever found any spiders in it?"