Page 23 of 150 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: movies you watched today

I just went through my childhood collection to tapes and of all the Mary Kate and Ashley videos. One that I still think was a good one is How the West Was Fun. Cute movie! haha

Quote Originally Posted by Jadapit
    Have any of you watched Pay it Foward? It is an excellent movie. Helen Hunt is in it. Remember her from Mad about you? It is a real *tear jerker*
    We watched Pay it Forward last year in school. It was a good movie, but you're right, a real tear jerker!

I just finished Seabiscuit. It was good, but I missed a lot since I'm so tired.

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissycat21
    I just finished Seabiscuit. It was good, but I missed a lot since I'm so tired.
    You really should watch it again, when you're not so tired. That is a wonderful film. I'm a sucker for true horse stories, though. Phar Lap is another one that is just fantastic. It's amazing the heroes that have been in this world, both human and non.
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

We watched Layer Cake last night. I'm not for sure what I thought about it..lol. The acting was great. I got a bit lost with the story though. Its an english movie and the accent always throws me off and sometimes I have to watch those movies again just to hear all the stuff I missed...lol. Daniel Craig is the star of the movie and I think he is going to be playing the new James Bond. I'm not for sure about how he will do in that role. I can't really picture him playing Bond. I thought Pierce Brosnan was a good James Bond. I'll have to see how Craig does in that role.

I think Layer Cake is made by the same people who did the movie Snatch. I love, love, love the movie Snatch! Has anyone seen it?

Quote Originally Posted by RobiLee
    I think Layer Cake is made by the same people who did the movie Snatch. I love, love, love the movie Snatch! Has anyone seen it?

I hadn't even heard of Layer Cake but I LOVED Snatch. So, I'll be renting Cake soon!
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Has anyone seen Jarhead, yet? It came out in theaters yesterday, and, I've only one heard one review, and, it wasn't good. I get mixed feelings when I see the preview for it. I want to see it because of Jake Gyllenhaal (I always spell his name incorrectly), and, because the director also did American Beauty, which was absolutely incredible. But, I get a feeling that it looks like it isn't that good. Ugh. I will probably still try to see it once I feel better, but, I don't know...just waiting to see what some other folks have to say about it.

EDITED: Just went to my favorite review site, and, I don't know...I think I'm going to end up liking it...the bad reviews are mostly bad because the movie doesn't have any actual battle scenes, not much action apparently. And, that won't bother me. Hmmm...gives me hope!

Î just found this thread and I don't know if someome already recommended the following films

"Bonbon el perro" is an Argentinian filme about the ups and downs of a Dogo Argentino and his owner.

"Der weisse Massai" (The White Massai): a Swiss woman while in vacation in Kenya, decides to stay to live with a Massai warrior. Based in her real life.

"Pride and Prejudice" I would recommend for a girls night.

I saw Ladder 49 the other night... so good, but so sad! I don't think I've ever cried so hard in a movie before!

-Amanda-
    Owned by...
    (Betta) Neptune
    (Bunny) Chester
    (Cats) Misty and Squeekers

*Pet Portraits*

I watched most of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night, i'm sick so i couldn't stay awake for all of it haha. I'm going to watch the rest today. I watched an hour of it and it was *so* good. Usually movie's based off books don't really compare to the books but I have to say the movie was much better than the book. If you haven't seen it, you should. It is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    I watched most of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory last night, i'm sick so i couldn't stay awake for all of it haha. I'm going to watch the rest today. I watched an hour of it and it was *so* good. Usually movie's based off books don't really compare to the books but I have to say the movie was much better than the book. If you haven't seen it, you should. It is awesome!
    It is a great movie! The whole thing with Willy reminiscing about his childhood was an interesting twist, completely created by Tim Burton. And, the ending is different from the book. I don't know that I liked it better than the book, but, it's definitely closer to the book than the Gene Wilder version. I think Roald Dahl would have been pleased with this version. But, it probably wouldn't have been made if he'd been alive, as he HATED the original Wilder version. I love both.

The whole thing with Willy reminiscing about his childhood was an interesting twist, completely created by Tim Burton
    Yeah I loved that.
    I really don't like Johnny Depp but he was awesome in this movie. He fit the part perfectly. In the first move Willy Wonka was too nice. In this one he was portrayed to be a bit crazy and eccentric.

Quote Originally Posted by CagneyDog
    Yeah I loved that.
    I really don't like Johnny Depp but he was awesome in this movie. He fit the part perfectly. In the first move Willy Wonka was too nice. In this one he was portrayed to be a bit crazy and eccentric.
    He was pretty nutty in the original, too. But, yeah, definitely more eccentric in this one, but, the book had Wonka as definitely off his nut.

Finding Neverland. That movie is so brilliant and wonderful and beautiful and spectacular. It just makes me feel like a kid again, and, it really shows the thought process of an artist. It takes my breath away and I really feel warm and alive after watching it. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet, not to mention the four boys...they're all just sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by finn's mom
    Finding Neverland
    Just watched that movie last weekend, beautiful. I loved it.

Also watched Duplex. It's got to be one of the funniest movies I've watched in a long time!
    Two Thumbs up

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Quote Originally Posted by anna_66

Also watched Duplex. It's got to be one of the funniest movies I've watched in a long time!
    Two Thumbs up
    I've wanted to see that, but, haven't yet! I'll have to check it out...