Page 149 of 150 FirstFirst ... 4999139140141142143144145146147148149150 LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,235 of 2246

Thread: movies you watched today

I just have to share,I went to see the intouchables today,a French movie with sub titles,best film I have seen in a long time,would even watch it again,which I rarely do,highly recommend it, I would give it 10/10
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Quote Originally Posted by Alysser View Post
    I am thinking about watching Young Frankenstein tonight. I picked it up for $5 at target 'cause I've never seen it that cheap. Gotta love it.
    It's Frank-en-schteen.....

If you like Mel Brooks you have to watch History of the World, goofy, funny and an interesting take on 'history'.

I have just watched all of the Twilight saga series, i know a little late, but better late than never, i absolutely loved them all, and i cannot wait to go see breaking dawn part 2 which is screening right now in my city,no spoilers please, as i never saw the others on the big screen and am really looking forward to it, i just saw breaking dawn part one an hour ago.

I have all the books too, so i just might start reading them,they were given to my daughter by a friend and have never been read.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Les Mis - today. It is wonderful!!

Anne Hathaway, as Fantine, literally took my breath away when she did "I dreamed a dream.

Went with my mom and dad to see "Lincoln". Every school child in Illinois learns about "Honest Abe" but this just brings those long-ago lessons back in a whole new way. It reminded me a lot of "Schindler's List" in that they both are films about one man in a time of war, trying to do the right thing but it's an uphill process. I would really like to see it again when it comes out on DVD because there is so much to it - when I started looking at the costumes, make-up and sets, I lost track of the story! I think one of the gowns Sally Field wears was modeled after an actual gown worn by Mary Todd Lincoln from the Lincoln state museum down in Springfield.

The film was researched at the Lincoln library down in Springfield and I think also at the Chicago Historical Society. I heard on the news that Daniel Day-Lewis was at the Lincoln library doing research, but the staff only realized it was him when he answered his cell phone and his voice gave him away.

My dad is a huge 007 fan so I'm hoping we'll get to see "Skyfall" while it's still in theaters. Mr. Bond drinking beer instead of a shaken martini, though?
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Just rewatched "Long Way Round" and saw the end of "Long Way Down".

Two documentaries about Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman - both actors - taking two motocycle trips.

The LWR was about a ride from Scotland to New York, going east.

The LWD ride went from Scotland down thru Africa to the very southern tip of the continent.

-------------

If you know anyone who rides/rode a bike or loves to travel? They probably will enjoy them.

I rate it... one toe up!

Blog Entries
    Y&R wasn't on today, I feel the need to watch that silly soap for so many reasons. Well as I said it wasn't on so I watched Harold and Maude. Gotta be the best movie, ranks right up there anyhow.

Sun, Feb 10 2013
    I just finished watching Season 1, 13 episodes of House of Cards on Netflix. It kept my attention and I couldnt wait to get to the next episode. It takes place in Washington, DC and the main character is a congressman who will do about anything to get what he wants. The series has corruption, sex, lies, blackmail (what I imagine D.C. to be), and Kevin Spacey plays the congressman and is the main character. As Season 1 ended, the congressman has just been asked to be vice president (he planned, lied, blackmailed and worked hard to get it). He is a very good actor and I totally enjoyed it. Guess I'll have to wait a year before Season 2.

Sun Feb 10 2013
    FLIGHT: I watched Flight last night with Denzel Washington who is a very good actor. He plays the alcoholic pilot of a passenger plane that he manages somehow to land when it develops trouble. It was very scarey when the plane starts on a steep dive and then he turns it upside down to stop the dive. At first he is a hero but then we learn (we knew) his lab results show cocaine and alcohol. (He has an ex-wife and a son who want nothing to do with him) The rest of the movie after the crash landing is his denial and how his lawyer and also a union rep try to keep it under control... but he wants his alcohol and cocaine and refuses for a loooong time to admit he has a problem. I will not tell you the ending but it is appropriate in my opinion. I recommend FLIGHT.

went and saw SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK with bradley cooper, i am quite a fan of Bradley, so yes i did enjoy this rather quirky movie, it had a bit of everything in it for me, humour,serious side to it, and romance, so i would recommend seeing it 7/10 from me maybe pushing to an 8.
    Furangels only lent.

went to see movie 43, only because i had won a double pass, it had a rating of 0 yep that is right ,and i have to say i completely agree with that, DON'T waste your money, i am no prude or easily offended, but this was crude, and just plain stupid, i found a couple of laughs in it, but mostly i was bored to tears, i was so surprised that some really great stars had even put their names behind this movie, like greg kinnear,halle berry,dennis quaid.
    Furangels only lent.

I'm watching the Academy Awards and doing laundry. I thought Octavia Harris looked beautiful and Anne Hathaway was absolutely radiant. (Though I can't decide if I like her better with short or long hair! I like both!)
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I like sci-fi and saw two movies recently that I really liked.

Gravity - I like Sandra Bullock. I am not a fan of all her movies, but I found Gravity to be a decent flick. Some of the problem resolution was a little far fetched - I found myself talking to the screen trying to give Bullock and George Clooney advice!

All in all? It was a good - It's hard to do a movie where there are only a few actors in it - the premise/acting/script was a little far-fetched, but it's Hollywood?

----------

Oblivion - This movie blew me away - Tom Cruise is a polarizing figure because of his off screen life but he is a fantastic actor. He was excellent in this.

I had to watch this movie twice more, once to see it with the director's commentary and another time to catch all I missed. The story was GREAT..I lose interest in movies where I can see what is coming next.

For most of the movie I couldn't figure out where the movie was heading. It was sci-fi, action, suspense and a love story.....If you like Sci-Fi? You probably will like this.

I'm a big fan of Sandra's,mainly the reason I hired this movie out,gotta say Richard I was rather bored with gravity,and hubby who is a sci fi fan was also.
    People raved about it another reason I hired it,I'm sure at the big screen at the cineama it would have been more impressive,there were some exciting parts to the movie,but I was disappointed George clooney wasn't in it longer ,all in all I was disappointed in the movie,glad you enjoyed it though.i would give it a 5/10.
    Furangels only lent.

15. Anyone seen How to Train Your Dragon 2 an if so was it as good as the first?
    i dont want any spoilers. just a yes or no answer ^^