Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tiger is gone

Unhappy tiger is gone

Hello All,
    I had to hae my cat put done ...I am very upset. He just turned 18 years old. I feel like I chose to put him down even though I know he was going deaf, not using his letter box and meowing all night long when it was quiet.

I know it was the right thing t do....He wasn't living just waiting to die.....SO why do I feel so quilty

Kelly

Well, I don't mean to be harsh but was there a medical reason why you had him PTS? I know you said he was going outside the box and meowing all night but that could have meant he was ill or he had a behavioral problem. Some cats are deaf from birth and that is not a reason either to get him PTS. I have a 1 year old kitty that likes to meow all night. But that is just to get me out of bed to feed her. Cats are naturally nocturnal. Up all night and sleep all day. Tiger may have been meowing because he was lonely or because he needed something. And also my 1 year old kitty has used outside the box. She only does this when it is not clean enough for her liking. She has to have a clean litter. I am sorry you had Tiger PTS especially if he didn't have something that was taking away from his quality of life and if he wasn't suffering.

I am sorry Tiger. Rest In Peace sweetheart.
    Last edited by kittycats_delight; 07-03-2005 at 07:26 PM.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

THAT IS SUCH A TOUGH DECISION,TO MAKE,AND ONLY YOU,KNOW,WHEN ITS TIME,FOR YOUR CAT,TO PASS ON.
    I THINK,THAT YOU KNEW,THAT TIGER,WOULD NOT WANT,TO BE A DIRTY CAT,NO CAT DOES.
    AND I TOO,HAVE HAD,TO MAKE,THAT CHOICE,AND YOU WILL FEEL BADLY,ESPECIALLY,WITH A CAT,THAT WAS PART,OF THE FAMILY,FOR SO LONG.
    I ALWAYS,GOT A STARRY CAT,IN THIER HONOR,KNOWING,THAT MY CAT ANGELS,WOULD BE GLAD,THAT ANOTHER CAT,WAS GETTING A FURR EVER HOME.
    TIGER KNOWS,THAT THIS,WAS NOT EASY,FOR YOU,AND WILL LOVE YOU,ALWAYS,UNTIL YOU MEET AGAIN,ONE FINE DAY,AND THE LOVE,WILL STILL BE THERE.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

There comes a time for all of us when we have to make a decision. Is our pet having a good quality of life? This is a decision only you can make about your own pet.

I'm sorry for your loss - remember Tiger is at the RB, being greeted by many.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'm so sorry for your loss. I'd love to hear more about Tiger when you feel up to posting.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I am so sorry to hear about Tiger. I know how difficult of a decision it was, having recently experienced it myself. Play happily at the RB, Tiger. Your purrent is grieving here, and you will be sorely missed.

RIP, sweet Tiger.

RIP sweet Tiger. Play hard at the RB!

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

reply to kittycats_delight

Hello,

I don't know why your message bothered me so much but it did.
    I try to feel better and your post just set me back

My cat was 18 years old ,..after 18 years I know the difference betwen meowing because of lonliness and sickness...after 18 years with Tiger I know the difference between crapping outside the box to fecel matter dripping because he can't help it...

I am sure you didn't mean to make me feel worse than I do....But I posted here to feel better....

Have you loved a cat for 18 years...longer than my kids....
    It was a chice out of LOVE

kelly

Kelly,

I didn't mean to make you feel bad my post was to try to help me understand. And I have loved a cat for 12 years and had to have her PTS due to cancer. I had her treated for the cancer and they didn't get it all. It came back after 5 months so I know what it is like to have to make that decision. It was hard to understand from just a couple of lines. And that was the whole reason I posted to help me understand. Maybe it was worded wrong. And I have questioned it often. You can ask a lot of people here I am not one to say things to hurt or make people feel bad. I am the complete opposite. If you look thought the posts here in Cat Memorial you will see I have done tributes to many a loved pet. You will also see it in Dog Memorial. I am sorry if I made you feel bad and that my post bothered you. I thought you would understand that I was trying to understand. Again I am sorry.

Michelle

Kelly,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your Tiger. I'm sure it was a very difficult decision to make and you may have feelings of guilt. I know because I'm going through the same thing. I just had to make that horrible decision for my dog Disney on Saturday. She was about 13 1/2- 14 years old and was losing her mind, losing weight and then she got a severe infection in her mouth which was spreading into her body. My vet agreed that trying to cure her with antibiotics would only help temporarily and in her weakened state it may not do much good. We all decided that letting her rest in peace was the best thing. Even though I know all these facts I still feel so guilty that I didn't do enough or the right thing. I think it will just take time to fully accept that the best decision was made.

I keep telling myself it will take time, it's only been two days and I'm not feeling much better but I know in weeks and months it will get easier.

I also know that Michelle didn't mean anything hurtful in her post. She truly is a very sweet and thoughtful person here on PT.

((HUGS)) to you!

From Decker with Love

sorry

I apologize I am sre you didn't...I am just a little sensitive still.

I haven't fi nished shedding my tears.
    \
    Thanks, Kelly

I am sorry you had to let Tiger go. It will take time to get over the lose. If you have a picture of him on your computer I would be happy to make a tribute for him that you can keep. it's something of him that you can keep and it will be a nice reminder of him when you can handle it. I can include the Rainbow Birdge poem as it seems to be a great comfort to a lot who have lost a loved one.

Michelle

MICHELLE,IS A VERY GOOD PERSON,AND A DEAR FRIEND,AND I HAVE WORDED THINGS,TOO,IN A WAY,WERE THEY COME OUT,IN A DIFFERENT TONE,MANY TIMES,TOO.
    SHE,WOULD NOT HURT ANYONE,ON PURPOSE.

AND I STILL FEEL BADLY,ABOUT THE CATS,THAT HAVE PASSED ON,I THINK,THAT WE SECOND GUESS,OURSELVES.A LOT MORE,THAN WE SHOULD.
    AS IT SAYS,IN A POEM,ONCE SOMETHING,IS DONE,ITS DONE,AND ALL OUR TEARS,CANNOT UNDO IT.
    I STILL GRIEVE,AND THINK,OF THE CAT ANGELS,I LIVE,FOR THAT FINE DAY,WHEN WE WILL BE REUNITED,AND TRY,TO LEARN,FROM THAT EXPERIENCE,FOR THE CURRENT FOUND CATS.

BLESS TIGERS MEMORY,AND KEEP HIM,IN YOUR HEART,AND YOU WILL BOTH BE HAPPY.HE,IS COMING,TO LUNCH,WITH ME,ROCKY,TUCKER,AND MY CAT ANGELS,AND CAT FRIENDS ANGELS,AND WE ALWAYS,SET AN EXTRA PORTION,FOR TIGER.
    Last edited by catmandu; 07-05-2005 at 09:44 AM.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

tigers pic

Hello

I am not sure if I attached this pic correctly but here is a pic of my Tiger.

I rescued his mom from a shelter when she was pregnant with a litter of 6 kittens. I kept tiger..found homes for 4 and I had to have one put down after 2 days old the vet couldn't help her...she was born with a cleft palate.

Tiger was born June 1st 1987

Thanks Kelly
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I know Michelle would not intend on hurting anyone. She is very sweet and a well respected member here at PT. I am so sorry for your loss Rest in peace Tiger he was beautiful.
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..