Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It happened again... :(

It happened again... :(

******. I did it again.

My mom said she had like twelve dollars on her checking account, but we went to buy some eggs and bacon for breakfast. That's ALL she wanted to buy.

Well we got to the checkout and she had two sodas, yogurt, lunchables, corn, everything.

I had gotten my own stuff cuz I had my own money. Her's came to be $20.08 and her check wouldn't go through. She's like, "Oh we'll do it a different way." Then she looks at me and says. "Pay for it!"

****. And I did it. I work at that grocery store, what the **** was I supposed to do? Say no and cause a huge ruckus in front of all my friends? I'm bawling my eyes out again because I couldn't say no in front of my friends and fellow workers. She took my last twenty dollars from me and then used a dollar of her own money, and kept the change. I'm just pissed off that I did it again. I had to put back the groceries I had... my GOD she made me feel so **** stupid in front of EVERYONE I WORK WITH!

She didn't even ****ing appologize.

*wishes someone who loved her would kidnap her*

*bawls with empty pockets inside out*

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Oh sweetie, I am sorry to hear about what happened.. * hugs * I know you have it in you, it just takes a matter of time to realize you have it in you and you will be able to stand up to her. You can do it. Just go "Hey, no, I work for this money, and I earn it. I have been helping you out the entire time, but it's time, I'm tired of it, Mom, I'm done." and just walk out..
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Oh Megan I am so sorry this had to happen again. Like CountryWolf said it's going to take time to step up to her. Try to be strong even though I know it's hard. Don't think it's your fault because it's not. (((((((many hugs)))))))
    Krista- owned by Rudy, Dixie, Miagi & Angel

Rocky, Jenny, Ginger Buster & Tiger .. forever loved & always in my heart..

Ugh... I'm just so sick of the way she does this all the time and gets away with it.

*hides*

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Look sweety, the only way to resolve this is to:

1) When she is going out, don't go with her.

or

2) If she asks you to go, say that you don't feel well and can't.

or

3) If you do go out together.... do not take your money with you.

or

4) MOVE OUT!

I am so sorry about this situation. Your mom sounds like the child to me here. You also should talk to your dad about it. Make him give you money for shopping.

When I lived at home, I used contribute to the household, especially food stuff. I would go food shopping for the house. It was not demanded of me. Maybe your mom is trying to tell you something here.... how old are you?

I can't move out.

She takes me to work and back, this is usually when it happens.

I can't fake sick all of my life.

I always take my money with me, I feel unsafe leaving it anywhere else.

The only answer to this problem is that I need to get off my *** and stand up to her. I'm just too scared.

I didn't today because I was in public and at work, and my FRIEND was checking me out.

Sorry I'm such a baby about this stuff, I just hate how she takes advantage of me.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Originally posted by beeniesmom
    You also should talk to your dad about it. Make him give you money for shopping.
    Not to sound rude, but why should I ask my dad for money? A.) he's not part of this problem, B.) He doesn't have enough money as it is.

I'm 16, turning 17 in October.

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Not to sound rude, but why should I ask my dad for money?
    oh, you're not rude. I just thought that since your mom acts so childish and presumes that you have money, your dad may be able to do something.... talk to her or something.

I always take my money with me, I feel unsafe leaving it anywhere else.
    How about getting a lock box with a key that you carry around with you at all times??? When you and your Mom go out, leave YOUR money at home. This way you can honestly say you don't have it.

Just a suggestion.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Don't carry any money AT ALL.... get yourself a MAC card and tell nobody the PIN number. Tell the bank you don't want one of those debit/credit card type MAC cards... just the good old fashioned one that NEEDS a PIN number to work. This way you can buy the things you want, and honestly tell your mom that you have no money.

Aww Megan I'm so sorry

What if you brought your money with you at all times, and when she asks for money say you don't have any with you?

I really hope things get better for you!

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

Originally posted by catnapper
    Don't carry any money AT ALL.... get yourself a MAC card and tell nobody the PIN number. Tell the bank you don't want one of those debit/credit card type MAC cards... just the good old fashioned one that NEEDS a PIN number to work. This way you can buy the things you want, and honestly tell your mom that you have no money.
    That sounds like a good idea... I know that I can get my paychecks direct deposited, maybe I could get a card? I don't want a credit card. Don't debit cards just take money out of your account automatically? Nothing to "pay later"? I just want something simple... slide, swipe and go! Is there an age limit on them?

The only thing I'm worried about is if she knows that I am getting a debit card, couldn't it still happen? She could pressure me into doing it again... but I can stand up to her, right?

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

((((((HUGS))))))

I have a question...I wonder if your mom feels that because you now work, you should contribute to the house? And this is why she thinks its "OK" to do this?

I may agree with her, but she's absolutely going about it the WRONG way. She needs to ask you for a contribution, not put you on the spot.

I may be wrong, just trying to see another side. I know I grew up in a divorced home and we were always short on money (HATED the pantry the few days until mom's pay day!). I used to buy food and do things around the house to try and help out. Granted, if my mom needed money, she'd ask (and be mortified) and I'd always get it back.

I agree with the others, in your own time, you'll be able to handle the situtation.

Hugs,
    Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I know I grew up in a divorced home and we were always short on money (HATED the pantry the few days until mom's pay day!). I used to buy food and do things around the house to try and help out. Granted, if my mom needed money, she'd ask (and be mortified) and I'd always get it back.

My dad is the same way. I help him all the time, and he hates asking me for money, but I know he needs it, and I have no problem giving him money. Most of it usually goes to our outrageous cell phone bill...

twitter.

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.