Thread: Best Place in Toronto to...

Best Place in Toronto to...

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good pet store in Toronto specifically in Agincourt for puppies.
    -Connie-

NO!! Please don't buy a puppy from a pet store. It will have come from a puppy mill and cause you so much heartbreak and expense! There are some wonderful dogs ( including puppies) that need homes at your local shelters ( Try Petfinder.com) or , if you want a specific breed, please find a good breeder who cares about the dogs she sells!

Best of luck in finding a lovely pet!
    Lilith Cherry
    "
    "Love never claims, it ever gives. Love ever suffers, never resents, never revenges itself." -Mahatma Gandhi

I was looking through the paper and saw some breeders but the problem is that they are all or mainly out of town.

I would love to adopt a puppy or dog but the only problem I have with that is the fact that yu never know what previous owners may have done to the animal.

My aunt and uncle once found a sammoyd on the side of the street sitting there, dirty and unkept and they took it home, cleaned it up and put up found posters. No one claimed the dog so they kept it.

The dog itself was a loving animal and very good with children and adults except older men with canes. Everytime Toby saw an older man with a cane he would go crazy.

We figured that in its first home he was abused by an elderly man using his cane. Thus causing some problems when specific family members came over if they were elderly males who happened to have canes.
    -Connie-

Before buying a puppy or dog anywhere you should try to find out as much about its past as you can, and really evaluate what you are up for. Try not to give in to that "cute little puppy" syndrome at the petstore and look around Toronto. One advantage of shelters is that most do temperment testing. An advantage of adopting a foster dog is that the foster family can give you alot of insight about its personality. There are already so many dogs needing homes, and perhaps you don't really want to deal with "puppy issues", there are many wonderful pets of all ages needing homes. Good luck!

Please don't buy from a pet shop. Pupies that come from mils come from horrible conditions. They are crammed into cages an forced to breed until they die. The puppies carry genetic diseases and most die soon after people buy them unless they get tons of medical care. They may seem perfectly healthy at the store but problems arise soon after beng taken home. Puppies from pet stores are not bred in ethical places even if they tell you they come from reputable breeders. Rescued dogs can come with a full story of their background or you can get a puppy from shelter. You can get purebreds from breed rescues. Try searching www.petfinder.com for dogs in your area. Before buying from a pet store, visit this to find out what you are headed into www.puppymillrescue.com
    "There are two things which cannot be attacked in front: ignorance and narrow-mindedness. They can only be shaken by the simple development of the contrary qualities. They will not bear discussion."

Lord John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton

Originally posted by cradams
    I would love to adopt a puppy or dog but the only problem I have with that is the fact that yu never know what previous owners may have done to the animal.

We all have problems in life or quirks that make us different. Just because a dog comes with "luggage" doesn't mean it's not going to be a wonderful pet.

PLEASE save a life. Save a soul... and gain a wonderful companion.

Having 3 shelter dogs myself and all 3 of them come around so much while living with us, seeing them doing well with the fears they once had is the most amazing feeling ever.

Behavioral issues CAN be fixed with love, training, and patience. Now, wouldn't you want that same treatment if you had something "wrong?"

And just FYI, just because a dog comes from a breeder it doesn't mean it's going to be perfect.
    My neighbors spent tons of money on their Labrador - top of the line dog.. However, after having her for nearly 2 years she's not even close to being as well trained as my dog, Kiara, who was found by the shelter wandering on a road less than a year ago!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

THS