Thread: Diarrhea

Diarrhea

In an earlier post I stated that all 4 of our cats had diarrhea over the last week or so. It seemed to resolve itself and then I noticed that Fluffy had it again this morning. She is eating well, drinking water, normally, not excessively, playing, cuddling, chasing her toys and running around the house as normal. Just the diarrhea. I hate to take her to the vet and traumatize her for no reason, so I am asking for your thoughts and suggestions. Obviously if it keeps up I will call and make an appointment, but I am wondering if it maybe has something to do with their diet. They are all rather spoiled. I cook them their own piece of chicken to have during the week, they are fed Fancy Feast and Friskies and various dry foods. I was rushing last weekend and may have put the chicken in the fridge before it had reached proper temperature, I wonder if that could do anything? I have introduced a few different variety's of the wet foods, like Tuna & Egg, and more fishy flavors. Also, I have noticed a few black ants and occassional flies now that the weather has gotten warmer. In fact, I think Fluffy may have eaten the fly that she was chasing this morning. I tried to get it, but she was quicker than me. I know it is not unusual for occassional tummy upsets to cause diarrhea and vomiting so hopefully, I am worrying for nothing. The diarrhea is the only symptom. Any ideas, suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks so much kittycats_delight for the beautiful siggy and avatar of my kids!

It's hit or miss here with new foods and I try not to do that anymore, it always caused tummy upsets and the squirts. I find something that works for all and stick with it. If you persevere usually they will begin to tolerate it.

Occasionally (once or twice) even a new bag of their regular food will do that too.

I would blame that if there are no other symptoms.

As for the flies and bugs, they are going to do that no matter what, I've never associated the squirts with bugs here.

I agree to many changes of foods causes tummy problems with = diarrahea. Variety sometimes is not the spice of life for a cats tummy. I would take away the newer foods and stick with what they are used to eating.

Get some pumpkin pie filling (100% pumpkin) give them little bit each day. The pumpkin will bind their potty there is nothing in 100% pure pumpkin to irriate tummys.

Good luck
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor