Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need to find a home for moms cats...

need to find a home for moms cats...

hi everyone... I am new here, but am in desperate need of a good home for 2 four year old cats. These cats are litter mates, 1 boy & 1 girl - they were born on July 4th so r due to have a birthday soon which will make them 4 !

My mom relocated to TX almost 10 months ago & the living situation for her has been difficult ! In her last home, mom had a 2 story... the cats upstairs... dogs downstairs. In her new home, the cats are living in the guest bedroom as prisoners as the dogs terrorize them if given a chance. Mom is keeping the dogs as she shows them, so finding homes for them is out of the question.

Mom is willing to ship the cats to a loving home, but as the temperature rises I dont know how much longer we can ship... we are located in Lubbock, TX !! We would be willing to travel up to 350 miles any direction from here to help these cats find a new family.

If you know of anyone who could help these cats, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Steph
    Attached Images Attached Images  

picture of Indy (Indepence Day)

thought u might like to see Mr. Indy !!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

They are gorgeous. I don't think I could part with those babies. I really wish I knew of someone but I am sure you will find someone here or someone who knows someone who would give them a great home. Good Luck and keep us posted on the outcome of their relocation please.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

How sad to have to part with those lovely kitties.

I'm not in a position to take them...hopefully someone here can.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

hi step..

first off, WELCOME! glad you could come here and find some help around here.. (I hope so!).

but as there has been a lot of new threads about adoption, yours would be difficuler to take those sweethearts in! e.i., I can't because I already own so many!

and I pray you can find them home altogether! do hope you, really soon, can find them a home together in time! good luck and glad you could watch over them, the cherished ones! (for us)..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

LUBBOCK,TEXAS,OF COURSE,THE HOME,OF THE LATE GREAT BUDDY HOLLY,THE ROCK,AND ROLL GUITARIST,AND PIONEER.
    I WISH,THAT I WAS CLOSER,THAN CATADA,AS I WOULD GIVE,THOSE TWO BIG BABIES,A ROOM,IN THE FOUND CAT HOTEL ACCLIMATION ROOM,UNTIL,THE FOUND CATS,ARE WILLING,TO MAKE FRIENDS.
    WHICH,EXCEPT,FOR POUNCETTE,USUALLY TAKES,PLACE,WITHIN A WEEK.
    AND IF THEY ARE AS BIG,AS THEY LOOK,POUNCETTE,MAY MAKE AN EXCEPTION,AS SHE LOVES BIG CATS,MOOSE THE MAGNIFICENT,AND RAGNAR GUSTAFSON.

THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

To bad that Belgium is a lot more than 350 miles away... ! I hope you find a solution for those sweeties!!

Oh, to PetTalk!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    I'm so sorry that your Mom needs to find a home for her kitties. Have you posted fliers at the Vet's in your area? That might be a way to get the word out. Also, try contacting No Kill shelters in Texas. They will foster the kitties until a good home can be found. But, they may not be adopted together.

Here's a place in Bryan-College Station, Texas: http://www.thecatscradle.net/ but there are many others.

http://www.adoptapet.com/States/Texas.html

Good luck. Please keep us posted.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I have put flyers up all over town, even Petsmart. Our local shelters do NOT have a NO-KILL policy. Ive tried every friend & relative we have... I just thought it wouldnt hurt to try online... especially since we are willing to ship / or deliver.

Thanks,
    Steph

I don't know about this but can you put them on petfinder.com? Or sign up to pethop and catster and post that they are for adoption. That way you can reach other people that are looking for animals to adopt. Good Luck please keep us posted.

My rainbow bridge babies have forever left their paw prints on my heart.
    Lilith & Vixen, taken too soon. I love you always.

Signatures, avatars & blinkies if anyone wants one pm me with color,
    font and background preference and with pics and names of pets.

Lilith's Catster Page Vixen's Catster Page

Vote for my furry ones on the cat & dog channels
    Vixen, Bella, Vega, Frost, Phoenix & Artica

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Originally posted by smarti66
    I have put flyers up all over town, even Petsmart. Our local shelters do NOT have a NO-KILL policy. Ive tried every friend & relative we have... I just thought it wouldnt hurt to try online... especially since we are willing to ship / or deliver.

That's why I posted the links. It appears that there are many no kill shelters in Texas. Maybe not in Lubbock, but since you are willing to drive a few hundred miles, you should be able to find a no kill shelter. It's not ideal, but if no one comes forward to adopt them, at least they will have a chance.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

I think those dogs need to be trained to stop terrorising those cats. Let the cats scratch them just one time on the nose and I bet that does it for the dogs. They will behave like gentlemen after that. It's a try.

I agree, dogs and cats can get on together if they are trained right!

Heck my two kitties get into it somethimes and I have to separate them and give them a good talking to. They just love each other but like any animal and human they have run ins at times.

thanks for all the replies... While I know SOME animals DO get along... believe me, we have TRIED to make it work... there does come a time when you have to find resolution. Its not a easy thing to do for my mom, she is very emotional about the whole thing. I have checked some of the links and as I said before there are not any NO-KILL shelters around here... I know there are a few in the DFW area... as a very last resort we will make the trip down for that... we hope that is not what it comes to.

Thanks again everyone,
    Steph