Thread: Just a quick update from the hotel in PA

Just a quick update from the hotel in PA

Hi everyone! Just wanted to post a quick update...I am currently staying at the hotel in York PA with Collin and have been here since Friday. I quit my job, rather suddenly as a matter of fact! I didn't really mean to but...
    Here is the quick version: I had to give my 2 weeks notice by Wednesday. On Tuesday our department had a meeting with the HR guy and the president of the company. They told us that they were dissolving our dept, 2 of us would go to finance, 2 would go to customer service. The 2 in customer service would continue doing the work I was hired to do, the 2 in finance would have different jobs. Well, I was told that I would be going to finance. They also told us that w/i 6 months, 2 of us would be laid off. I asked if we had a choice in the matter and the president said, "No, and if you don't like it, resign." (First and LAST words he ever said to me BTW!) Of course, being a quick-tempered,no-nonsense kind of girl, I said, "fine, consider it done." and left the room. So that was my last day of work. I loved the job I was doing and didn't like someone arbitrarily making decisions on my day-to-day life and certainly not on my future career path! What a jerk!! Come to find out, I am the 9th!!! person to quit that company in the last 6 months!!! sounds like they have a problem....

Ok, so flash forward to now...I came to stay with Collin for a few reasons, 1) because I missed him!! 2) the landlord is selling the house and people are swarming all over my apt which is upsetting both myself and Duncan and 3) to get a headstart on the job hunt...
    It's been difficult though. Even though this hotel is beautiful, it is very hard to entertain my 90lb dog here. It's located on a golf course so lots of green grass but NO DOGS ALLOWED! I have been driving him every day, twice a day to any local park I can find. Which is a nightmare in itself. As many of you know Duncan is horrific in the car and I don't know my way around well so it's been trying!
    I'm learning the town though and I like it so far. It has everything you need but it's still country enough. Very pretty area. I haven't done well on the job search end though. Mostly because the only computer I have is the one I am on now in the hotel lobby. It has no printer and there are always people waiting to use it so I feel rushed....
    Collin works nights, from around 10pm until 1 or 2pm. (I know...16 - 17 hours each day... ) I, on the other hand, am a total morning person! I am up at dawn and raring to go. By 9pm, I would love to be asleep most days. I have been playing with Duncan, keeping him entertained, in the am, having lunch with Collin, sitting with him until he falls asleep, and then leaving to go wander around town by myself for the evening hours. THAT is no fun!! I want to shop but I don't have a job so then I feel guilty! I come home in time to wake Collin up and then get ready for bed myself...it's craziness!! It will be easier once we are in our apartment and have more than one room to live in!!
    I am heading back to Jersey tomorrow for the "finale" of my root canal and then to finish packing. The movers come Sunday...Unfortunately Collin can't come back until Saturday so I have to finish packing and cleaning the old place alone. (remind me never to move again!! )
    I'm trying to stay positive since I am happy about this move. And I'm trying not to KILL Collin for the 0% effort he ahs put into helping me with all the details!! I know he works hard, I really understand but I still need him to be my friend...I know noone else here after all!!
    Anyway, I have been trying to post as I get a chance to get on the hotel computer and I will try to post again from home tomorrow. After the move, I will get the computer set up asap!!
    Oh, one more thing...our digital camera was stolen from the dining room at the hotel on Friday night! So no pics for a while...It was our fault, we left it there accidentally. We called first thing in the am but they said it wasn't there. Miraculously the case was, but not the camera? (we KNOW it was one of the workers here, we got a tip from one of the guys Collin knows really well but of course, he denied it! I WILL be talking to the hotel manager before I leave tomorrow though...theft at a fancy hotel like this from a guest is a HUGE "lose-your-job-immediately-no-no)
    We plan on buying another but first we need a washer and a dryer!
    OK, this quick update sure isn't short! Talk to ya'll soon...

Jennifer and Duncan

Wow, it sounds like your life is kinda hectic and crazy right now! Best of luck in finding a new job, a new home, and a new life. And I know exactly what you mean about trying to entertain a 90# dog with nowhere to go, and how frustrating that must make you feel, too. I've been there!

Good luck with everything, and, well, a camera is better to lose than your sanity or sense of humor! I am sure Duncan is happy just because he's with you, an I *know* that deep down inside he appreciates your driving him to the parks, even if the drive itself is unhappy.

Sounds like a very hectic time right now. For the internet, go to the local library. They've got printers and maybe you won't feel so rushed. Good luck on finding a new job. Sounds like it won't be totally bad to lose the old one seeing the conditions of it.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Wow, things sure are hectic for you. Sorry to hear things didn't go as smoothly as you had planned. And getting away from that awful boss that way isn't quite as bad knowing that you were going to be leaving soon anyway. Are you bringing Duncan back with you when you come back to finish your move? Good luck on the rest of your move, and the job hunt.

Oh wow...you sure have a lot going on.

(((hugs))) for the next few days...until you're able to update.

Take care and I hope you find and even BETTER job soon.

Kelly
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Jennifer,

Good to hear from you! I haven't heard back from you if you can meet up again this weekend?

I'm sure things will get better once you both finally get settled in
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

Hope things go well for you Jennifer, best wishes mate.

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our life whole

Great to hear from you, Jen!! I hope everything goes as planned Keep up updated

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Glad to hear from you Jen (although things seem very hectic in your world right now!).

Wow! about your job, think I would have done the same thing in your shoes. Hopefully your able to find a job soon. Good luck on that

I know that Duncan is happy that you take him to that park even if he really doesn't know how to show it properly. Sounds like quite an ordeal to go through twice a day, but well worth it!

Take care & good luck again on the job hunting and don't loose that sense of humor you still have

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

lol...that wasn't quite a quick one as quoted.. just repeating the "q"'s.

dumb boss anyway.. but good to see your positive side!

(sorrrry to ask, is that your ducan below?) hope collin will be right into with you soon! takky care and keep us posted! search safe..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

How odd the circumstances of you leaving your job! I'm sure you'll find one in this area soon enough!!!

What a crazy life you have now. I can totally relate. I hope things start to turn around for you. Wishing you the best of luck!
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

wow
    lots of things have been going on!

good luck
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Thanks for the good wishes and thoughts everyone!! It is very appreciated let me tell you!! If I didn't have Pet Talk, who would I talk to!?!!? I move so darn much lately, I have friends from growing up and friends I made here but moving is a lonely business!! Hopefully this will be the last for a few years...I swore I would never be "one of those girls" that totally disrupts their lives for a man (unless I was married of course) but here I am, doing it! It's so worth it though really. Collin and I would be married, ironically, if we could stop MOVING and save some moolah!! I think we will plan a trip to Las Vegas soon and get the deed done!! (You guys will be the first to know )
    Anyway, I am back in the Garden State now, just drove in today. I'm actually glad to get out of the hotel, it really was tough "living" there. Sounds glamourous but it's not!! LOL!! Duncan, of course, is with me! (Ginger's Mom, where I go, Duncan goes for the most part. Collin wouldn't drive him to the park 2x a day! He won't even ride in the car with him unless I sit in the backseat with him to keep him calm! I CANNOT emphasis enough, just HOW bad Duncan is in a car...imagine the worst and multiply it by 10x, barking, crying, jumping...UGH, I get chills just thinking about it!)
    So we're back and I had the rest of my root canal today. It actually went very well, the dentist was amazing! Great guy, younger than me!! I called the NJ Dental Association when I got home to pay his whole office a compliment, really a great place. No pain during but a bit now, nothing I can't handle though. He even gave me a "plan" for the rest of the work I need done to take with me to PA. (I need a lot more work done, LONG story that I won't bore ya'll with but very complicated so it was very nice of them to go out of their way for me like they did knowing I would not be back.)
    About the job, yes, I was leaving anyway so...But I'm proud of myself for not letting them walk all over me and for standing up for my abilities and intelligence that they seemed to be disregarding. I have no regrets...the other girl that would work with me and "possibly" be laid off is from India. She is the sweetest, nicest person ever. But she also has a family to support (her husband makes less and does literally NOTHING to raise the children or contribute..(DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED!!!)so with me leaving, it pretty much guarantees her job so that's great. And of course, I was leaving anyway so I had the luxury of making my point before I did...I need to stop doing that though! (I once quit a job because I came in late after Duncan spent the night in the hospital and not only did noone ask how he was, I was reprimanded for being a hour late!!!!!!!!! Thread: "Duncan and the Emergency Clinic") I'm on the "old" computer again and can't open any other windows w/o fear of crashing or I would post the link...
    Gosh, I know how to run my mouth don't I!!! I'm annoying myself!! LOL!!
    One more thing,(I swear this is it ) Val, I did check out the local library, it's usually the first thing I do when I move to a new town...but it was closed the day I went there. The area doesn't seem to have a very strong public library system so I hope I can get the resources I need there. If not, I will have to make that my cause!
    OK, I will shut up now...I promise....Let me go catch up with every one else and shut up abut myself for once!! Sorry guys! Love ya!
    Jennifer and Duncan