Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Open for discussion

Don't they both live in the same province to? Im guessing their friends outside of PT,,,

oh mannnnnn.. i am NOT stalking anyone,, I merely asked a QUESTION under thread called open for discussion,, her comment merely peeked my interest,,, it sounded like we all have to post over and over to get a response,,,,, I figured it was more like a person can post for the first time and second and so on and so on and expect lots of replies,,, afterall,, theres tons of ppl in here,, no??
    I wanted to know what she meant by her comment....

Yes,, msmini is a friend of mine ,, and NO she didnt start anything with or for me.... and neither am I!

Originally posted by CagneyDog
    Don't they both live in the same province to? Im guessing their friends outside of PT,,,
    yes,, shes a friend,, and no,, we have never met. and no she didnt start anything with or for me.... I know youre thinking that.

Originally posted by LorraineO
    . and no she didnt start anything with or for me
    Actually No, I wasn't thinking this. Stop making assumptions.

just wanted to answer what I figured would have been the next thought you might have had,,,,,

Originally posted by LorraineO
    just wanted to answer what I figured would have been the next thought you might have had,,,,,

I found this pic. I like to associate pets with their people. I hope you don't mind me posting it.

I'm thinking it could be as simple as posting more pics of your adorable pups. I for one would love to see more of them, so we could talk about them. I've appreciated all the wonderful comments you've made about MAXIMUS. I think we all would love to talk about you're babies as well.

~siggy by LEXILOVER~thanx~

MsMini - welcome - sorry that your nice post got off track for a bit. These things shouldn't, but they do happen.

Just take your time here, post replies when you feel like it. Very soon people will recognize you and respond.

Please don't give up - because you will be amazed over how much you will receive from this site. Just ask one serious question about your pups - a health question perhaps, and you won't believe the sincere responses you will receive.

I have cats - but I wanted to welcome you just the same.

Please share with us more about your pups.

Hi Ms.Mini are you still with us? Well, if it is responses you wanted, you certainly did get them.

This really is a good site, filled with wonderful people and dogs. I read your post initial post and had no idea how to respond. I thank Vette for starting us out with a warm welcome and greeting. You got a lot of honest and caring responses in reference to how to make the most out of this site. (Including Kfamr's, whom I believe was trying to say basically something along the lines of you get out of anything according to what you are willing to put into it. It is like that with a lot of things in life.)

I think ParNone said it well though when she indicated that you have to enjoy what you are doing. I come here for the dogs. I love the dogs on this site, they are smart and funny and beautiful. They cheer me up. The pets are the reason for this site. Come back enjoy what everyone is sharing. Please feel free to share Nitro and Mini with us, I think a lot of us did enjoy the pictures you shared of them. But remember that it is not popularity contest. It is okay if only five people say something about my little girl, because those are the five that wanted to say something. That is a lot better than 20 posts all just saying, "yeah, cute," in the hopes that I will remember them next time they post.

So look around, don't get discouraged, and feel free to post away, but do it because it is what you want to do.

Great. I come to this forum to get away from the drauma and depression of my life to walk into this.

Niņo & Eliza

To defend myself, Yes I am friends with Lorraine..we have never met.I am also a big enough girl to form my own opinions. This post seems to have stirred up some things.Nothing wrong with a good battle of the wits sometimes.
    Just to add though...
    I have read and replied NICELY to others posts. I have never disrespected anyone.There seems to be some nice people here and gorgeous dogs.
    And Yes those are my babies.

I hail from South Carolina, but Texas is where I hang my hat :)
    Hey, Ms. Mini. I post on here more for myself than anything else. I have noticed that, with some, even when I reply on a lot of their threads, I don't get much from them. Which is fine. That happens a lot in real life, too. People are just too busy a lot of the time, and, it's not really meant to be taken personally. If people don't reply because they are too busy, don't take it personally. And, if people don't reply because they don't like you, still....don't take it personally. I've learned which people not to put much effort into. It really should be all in fun. If and when you stop having fun here, it's time to move on. I've taken breaks before, because it just got to be too much. But, whatever you look at it, it's a chat forum. It doesn't have to be a life altering experience. There is a lot of truth to you get what you give, but, the exception proves the rule sometimes. Anyway, that whole paragraph was complete nonsense, I'm sure, but, it was in my thoughts....so, there you have it. Welcome to Pet Talk, at any rate.

I sent you a PM, as well.

Kari
    The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world. - Dr. Paul Farmer

Suuuper cute pups!! Mini looks like she could be Nitro's baby I do remember you joining, and I've seen a few of your posts... I've definitely found that the more you post, the more friends you make, and the more you discover who you connect with. Everyone has different qualities and personalities, and some people do just click with others better! Whether that is the persons age group, interests, state, breed of dog, whatever... thats how everything in life is.

But I think we all love dogs, period. The more you post pictures of your dogs and share your love for them with us, we'll feel more familiar with you AND your pups. I forget what it's called........ but I learned in Psychology that the more you see and hear about some one the more you feel connected with them (generally). I have really only seen those pictures of your pups and I've only heard from you about them a few times personally, so I'm sorry that I don't recognize you right away... hopefully we can all see a lot more of them and you! ^_~

And, yes, it's best for your health that you don't get involved in some of the drama that is Pet Talk! LOL... I was just talking about this with another (anonymous) PT-er a couple days ago. Some people have some problems in their personal lives or have pet peeves or whatever, and they want to get out their frustration on these boards. Whatever, it is a public forum. My advice is that you use this just to talk about dogs, give your opinion, and make friends.. but try to be decent and fair about everything. Not to say that you should just turn your cheek if you see something that doesn't seem right to you, but we should *know* when to stop.

<3 Erica, Fozz n' Gonz

I agree, the more you post, the more you'll get to know people. Once you start posting more about your dogs and yourself, we'll get to know you better. I agree with Kari and Par too, At least you'll enjoy sharing the pics, even if you don't get too many replies.

-sigh- Erica always gives all the good advice

*edit* Jeez, so does Jess!

I just had to add a few more thoughts. I think Parnone's and Kari's (Finn's mom) responses were really well stated too. When I am sitting and debating whether or not to post a set of pictures, I usually finally end up saying to myself "Why not? I really want to and if not many respond then that's ok, but at least I enjoyed sharing them!" When I was newer here I pretty much couldn't control my exuberance about finding a place to share my pets . I plastered pictures and stories about them all over the place. I posted pictures of bath day, play time, outdoors time, sleepy time, and anything and everything under the sun, because I was just so caught up in the excitement of finally being able to share the lights of my life with people who felt the same as I do. I think that, without specific intentions to, I made sure that everyone at the time knew who I was and who my dogs were, and they saw and heard about us quite regularly!

Of course it still took time before I really felt a part of the community, and to this day there are still people whom I respond to who rarely, if ever, respond to me. While sometimes I dwell on that here and there, I try to always keep two key things in mind: One, my posts to them are not with the condition that they respond to me, they are to express my genuine enjoyment of their pictures or advice or thoughts about their problem/question, and two, if I go through life focusing on what I don't have, I will never truly appreciate what I DO have. That goes for the responses that I get rather than the ones that I don't. I treasure every one of them and hold them close to my heart, and that is where I keep my focus.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge