Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Westminster is on right now!!!!!

That's for sure, Sue! I did catch the very end. Looking at those magnificent faces as the camera panned down the line was so moving. I saw your beautiful kids, Killian and Shi in each and every GSD. They are all heroes; just like Killian. The spirit of Cyrus the Lab, who gave his life so selflessly, lives on in each and every one of these American soldiers.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Originally posted by tatsxxx11

And ROTTIE.....I have to admit it. The Rottie last night was AWESOME!! I don't think I've ever seen one as magnificent in every way. His confirmation was gorgeous. But that high step, that smile, that attitude!! I thought if anyone could beat the favorite, it would be him!

And did anyone else see the fantastic White Bull Terrier do an airborne 360 just as the judge asked for them to "go around" one more time???
    We don't have cable so I'm having a friend tape it. I haven't gotten the tape back yet - I'm just dying to watch it now!!!

Big cheers went up in this house for tonight's winner! What a gorgeous girl she is! She had some really tough competition and I have to admit I would have not wanted to be the judge, although poodles have definitely had my heart for the past 30 years. Hooray for Spice, Westminster's Best in Show!

I still think Bella is more beautiful........

Logan, what a sweet thing to say! It's funny but as each breed was presented I kept saying to myself oh "_____ (fill in the blank) is probably just ooohing and aaahing right now!" Of course my thoughts went to you when that beautiful Golden came on and also to Sandra with the labbie , Sue for the GSD and countless others of you!

Pam I couldn't stay up to watch the end, but that's the first thing I did this morning and I will have to say that Poodle was awesome, but like Logan I think Bella is awesome too. Can you imagine all those beautiful dogs in one place like that.? We do have a new respect for the poodles since we have got to know Bella and Reece and the others.
    One thing about PetTalk, I have got to know different breeds of dogs that I had never thought about before and I have a new respect for each and every one.
    Yaaaaaaaa for the Poodles!
    Jackie

Originally posted by SpencerTheLion

I thought this was a pet forum that everyone could talk about pets without being made fun of Have you considered that a lot of the people at the Westminister Dog Show love their dogs as much as you love Simba?

Agreed. Everyone loves their dog equally no matter whether its a purebred or not. I myself don't get overly excite about watching dog shows, but if I would have know that they had the tribute to the WTC dogs I would have watched it. Isn't kinda like watching MTV all day? That's not my idea of fun either.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Poodles reign today!! Pam, I was so excited for you when the Mini. Poodle won! Don't you think that SOMEWHERE down the line Bella and Spice Girl are related?? Watching these things is just a way, for me at least, to indulge in a just a LITTLE MORE dogdom!! Not to be taken too seriously. Never has a Lab, or Husky mix ever won, and I didn't they would last night either. As for favorites....my favorite breed is spelled D-O-G!! Never met one I didn't love!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Sandra, not a chance of a relationship there! ha! Spice was on Good Morning America today and I said to hubby, as she stood gazing up admiringly into the eyes of her handler just waiting to fulfill his every desire, "oh that Bella would gaze up so obediently at me ready to do my bidding!"

Once again though I do feel that poodles receive a bad rap for those horrid cuts they must wear. I feel it is too hard to really see the dog underneath all of that fluff. What I mean by see is to be able to acknowledge that they are terrific, smart, loving pets under that fluff and not just airhead prima donnas. I know it shows off the quality of the coat and there is a reason for it, but I wish all poodles could be shown in the puppy clip. Bella does too, because then she wouldn't feel like such a plain Jane!

It was an enjoyable night for me for obvious reasons but even if one of the other dogs had won I would have still been happy. They were all remarkably gorgeous and behaved impeccably. Spending a night watching scores of terrific dogs is not a bad way to spend a night when you come to think of it!

Pam, I was thinking the exact same thing today....How I wish the world could see them in their puppy cuts without the distraction of that "big" doo!! Poodles have always been ranked among the most intelligent of dogs and were always well loved for their sporting nature with a real love for water!! No wusses them! I have come to know and love several Poodles these past years, (Lucky and Pixie are both good friends) and I don't think I ever met a MORE loving, sweet breed of dog!! Right Bella??? Like you, I was rooting for each and every one. I wanted them all to win. Of course, if a Labbie, Golden, or retriever type had won, I would have fainted, and of course been proud! But it's just the joy of watching a "dog" do it's thing, be presented in all it's glory for the world to see, that makes me SO proud to say I'm owned by a (errr...make that TWO)
    dogs!!

So true about the poodle cut. I think they are so much cuter in their puppy cut!!!!!! Is the dog show cut called the Continental? I know that there is some sort of explanation as to why they are cut like that, but I don't remember now. Something about muscles or warmth or something...????

Wow! That GSD (Dallas) took my breath away! Did you see him move?????? Killian moves like that, but not Shiloh.

All the dogs were winners! Such magnificent creatures!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I know i watched it last night the smooth collie came in fourth yay!
    My Baby Riley!

Welcome americana to Pet Talk and I just came in here to tell you how beautiful Riley is. What a beautiful face. I have two Mini Schnauzers, Miss Daisy and Perry. Glad you joined.
    Jackie

Welcome to Pet Talk, Americana!!! So glad you could join us! What a beautiful doggy you have! I have a Black Lab, named Sadie!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

Americana - WOW You got a beautiful Collie there!!!!